1p Mobile - International Calls - landline and mobile?

Options

Comments

• dealer_wins
    dealer_wins Posts: 7,334 Forumite
    Options
    diamonds wrote: »
    Where else does 500 1p voice minutes on payg ? Esp £30 for the year - great for OAP's only using 01/02/02 calls - dumping BT line rental who are reducing LR to £13.99 with Ofcom objectives(unconfirmed), but the reduced LR £13.99 includes nothing but BT shareholders bonus.

If you need loads of texts for a £5 a month on payg Asda on EE, 200m 2000 texts.

Most of the cost is running and maintaining the massive amount of infrastructure involved actually.
  • babe-ruth
    babe-ruth Posts: 188 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Seeing a EE are upping my monthly fee by about 60% I'm thinking of going back to Pay-as-you-go. I'm a very low user and have no interest in any data for the internet, just calls and texts.

I've been in touch with them but they can't do anything for me so I started looking and found the 1p Mobile company.

Has anyone any experience of them that you could share with me please? Thanks
  • Cisco001
    Cisco001 Posts: 4,019 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    How much mins/ text/ data you actually use each month?

If you are super low user, check out O2 or three PAYG instead.

1p mobile require top up every 120 days
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,234 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Check out Asda offer, minimum initial top up is a fiver, you do need to make one text or call every 3 months or so, but continuous top ups every few months are not required

EE piggy back
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • babe-ruth
    Options
    Thank you for replies, I've had a look at 02, Three & Asda and they are all more per minute & per text. I don't mind £10 every 120 days but was wondering more what people's experiences are with 1p mobile company, any problems etc
  • bubieyehyeh
    bubieyehyeh Posts: 587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've found 1p very good, the only annoying thing is it takes a while for the website to update after a top-up or buying a data pack.

Also you maybe able to get cashback with a new sim card, and if you look on the referal board you can get a referal code which gives you a credit boost can't remember the details off hand.
  • esuhl
    esuhl Posts: 9,409 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I use Sky broadband (not TV), and after negotiating a discount at renewal, I got them to give me a SIM with 1GB data and unlimited calls/texts for £3/month (i.e. half-price) with a year's contract.

Dunno if that helps at all...
  • babe-ruth
    Options
    Thanks Esuhl, I checked this out with our Broadband provider (BT) but they are not offering any deals, I would have snapped their hand of at £3 per month
  • babe-ruth
    Options
    bubieyehyeh, seriously thinking of going down the 1p route. I'll check out the referrals board, thanks again
  • GunJack
    GunJack Posts: 11,674 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    As per the title, anyone with any experience? I note they use the EE network, but are they any good?
    ......Gettin' There, Wherever There is......

I have a dodgy "i" key, so ignore spelling errors due to "i" issues, ...I blame Apple :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure