1p Mobile - International Calls - landline and mobile?

Options

Comments

• TheMsTeal
    TheMsTeal Posts: 331 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    mr_mf wrote: »
    PM sent. If anybody else wants a referral please let me know.
    Yes please!
  • dazzaofdagenham
    Options
    I can do referrals if anyone wants one
  • Atasas
    Atasas Posts: 753 Forumite
    Options
    I can do referrals if anyone wants one
    yes please!
  • Saeed
    Saeed Posts: 733 Forumite
    Options
    They cancel your number if you don't top up every 120 days BEWARE
  • mr_mf
    mr_mf Posts: 39 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    They do have an auto-top facility to prevent that happening though - it will automatically top up when your balance drops below £2 or every 120 days.
  • Saeed
    Saeed Posts: 733 Forumite
    edited 29 July 2017 at 9:17PM
    Options
    would any of you trust this company with a number that you cherish or would you keep away? what is the chance of these guys going bust? if they do is the mobile number going to disappear or is it protected from being lost?
  • mr_mf
    mr_mf Posts: 39 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 30 July 2017 at 6:49AM
    Options
    Just so you know they are owned by Telecommunications Management Limited (TML) who have been trading since 1998. TML is part of Telecom plus Plc with annual group turnover to March 2015 of approx £729 million, producing pre-tax profits of £42 million.

They are the sister company of Utility Warehouse who have also been trading for many years and are a which recommended provider.

I'm not saying they can't go bust but I'm not sure they are any riskier that others.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Saeed wrote: »
    would any of you trust this company with a number that you cherish or would you keep away? what is the chance of these guys going bust? if they do is the mobile number going to disappear or is it protected from being lost?

Ofcom's attitude is that it own mobile numbers not users, so you have little comeback if a number gets lost during a meltdown. Small amounts have been paid as compensation in the past but never the amount that account-holders feel they are due.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    mr_mf wrote: »

They are the sister company of Utility Warehouse who have also been trading for many years and are a which recommended provider.

Their relationship with Utility Warehouse would just put me off.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    pmduk wrote: »
    Ofcom's attitude is that it own mobile numbers not users, so you have little comeback if a number gets lost during a meltdown. Small amounts have been paid as compensation in the past but never the amount that account-holders feel they are due.

AFAIK Numbers are automatically transferred to another provider or a PAC is offered on MVNO closure - has there been any actual losses?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure