1p Mobile - International Calls - landline and mobile?

Options

Comments

• d123
    d123 Posts: 8,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    diamonds wrote: »
    Where else does 500 1p voice minutes on payg ? Esp £30 for the year - great for OAP's only using 01/02/02 calls

What if the OAP only uses 10 minutes in a month? with the "use it or lose it" approach of this deal those calls suddenly cost the OAP 50p per minute.

This might be good for someone who uses at least £5 a month of calls, but not for the OAP you use as an example.

Their 10 minutes of calls would have cost 30p on Three and the £5 would last 16 months...

MoneySavingExpert :money: and all that ;).
    ====
  • alinwales
    alinwales Posts: 327 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I get
    250 mins
    5000 texts
    1500 MB

On my ID mobile for £5 a month
    If it was all 1p, it would cost me £67.50

And if I didn't use it all, I'd be no worse off then this 'scheme'
    So unless you are unable to get a contract, I don't see how this 1p mobile thing is ever going to be a good deal?

(And i don't want to derail the thread with how bad ID mobilde customer service is or might be! :P )
  • Atasas
    Atasas Posts: 753 Forumite
    Options
    alinwales wrote: »
    I get
    250 mins
    5000 texts
    1500 MB

On my ID mobile for £5 a month
    If it was all 1p, it would cost me £67.50

And if I didn't use it all, I'd be no worse off then this 'scheme'
    So unless you are unable to get a contract, I don't see how this 1p mobile thing is ever going to be a good deal?

(And i don't want to derail the thread with how bad ID mobilde customer service is or might be! :P )
    Personal experiences etc...
    Had to deal with ID (SA "C's") wasn't impressed at all.
    Data 1500mb is a joke, if one uses it as main connection, unless as per normal, you get back home or wi-fi. 1500 units in respect of usage units in question isn't an invalid as a point of argument ;)
  • SuperSaint
    Options
    I've just seen on the Digital Spy forum that 1pMobile have dropped the £5 monthly 'charge' and are now a traditional PAYG network.

Credit no longer expires. According to their website, you just have to top-up at least once every 120 days and your credit will rollover forever.

They are also offering four data boosts - each of which last 30 days. 500MB is £4, 1GB is £6, 2GB is £10 and 4GB is £15. It will be interesting to see how popular they become in the coming weeks and months.
  • dazzaofdagenham
    dazzaofdagenham Posts: 1,512 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good evening

For a low use purpose....can anyone provide feedback on 1p mobile who claim. 1p min for UK calls and 1p for. Text.

The father in law has a 15 pounds sim only for O2

His useage is about 70 mins a month ( absolute max ) and about 30 texts...he has a very old phone and happy with it...so no internet needed.

Anybody's feedback for this operator would be great
  • Ypaymore
    Ypaymore Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    Options
    Does what it says on tin on the EE Network. But you need to top up by £10 every 120 days. Any credit is carried forward.A low user like your FIL would build up credit.
  • Patrick_Stewart
    Options
    I'm happy with 1pMobile so far. The website is really good, clear and you can see what you need.

Very good because you can talk to customer services quickly and they are very helpful. Again ideal for anyone who might need some advice understanding switching pay as you go.
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,461 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Suck it and see?

There's £10 cashback via Quidco if you order a SIM with an initial top-up of £10; making it, effectively, free.

Usual warnings that cashback may not track and may fail even if it does.
  • Saeed
    Saeed Posts: 733 Forumite
    Options
    they also do free £5 for refer a friend. would someone like to refer me?
  • mr_mf
    mr_mf Posts: 39 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    PM sent. If anybody else wants a referral please let me know.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure