1p Mobile - International Calls - landline and mobile?

Options

Comments

• AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ok.

you do like them don't you.

I've been with vectone. You get what you pay for in terms of service.
  • diamonds
    diamonds Posts: 6,048 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I think its a great rate offer, not for my usage but if you talk or text over data and spend £5 a month on 3/Delight its a winner.
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • PHK
    PHK Posts: 1,285 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Inner_Zone wrote: »
    How is £5 a month a steal for a low user?

I agree, if you are a low user then this is potentially expensive, because of the minimum top up. If you don't use 500 units then your unused credit will steadily increase and never be used up.

There's also a bit of a catch for people who go over 500 units on a rare occasion because they will still need top up £5 the next month. Eg, go one minute over your allowance on a £5 contract would cost one extra out of bundle minute (say 40p). With 1pmobile you would need to top up again. The minute would cost 1p but you would have £4.99 'extra' credit that would only be used up the next time you went over 500 units.

For some people this will be good value but for most there are better deals.
  • boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I thinks its linked to Utility Warehouse.
  • boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 2 March 2017 at 12:38PM
    Options
    If you buy the £30 credit(doubled to £60), presumably that covers you for a year of use? Or do you then need to top £5 a month as well?
  • SuperSaint
    Options
    boatman wrote: »
    If you buy the £30 credit(doubled to £60), presumably that covers you for a year of use? Or do you then need to top £5 a month as well?

I have asked this question already and yes, the £30 (doubled to £60) can cover a year. £5 is moved across from your account to your phone at the start of each month to cover the £5 monthly fee. Therefore, £60 divided £5 = 12 (months).
  • Atasas
    Atasas Posts: 753 Forumite
    Options
    :D
    AndyPK wrote: »
    ok.

you do like them don't you.

I've been with vectone. You get what you pay for in terms of service.

"bit" of a give-away?
  • wongawonga
    wongawonga Posts: 387 Forumite
    edited 2 March 2017 at 9:07PM
    Options
    boatman wrote: »
    I thinks its linked to Utility Warehouse.

Yes its part of that group from Website..
    " 1pMobile is a trading name of Telecommunications Management Limited. Registered in England. Company Number: 3592271. "

Google shows " TELECOMMUNICATIONS MANAGEMENT LIMITED with Business no 3592271 is a Private limited Company incorporated on 03-Jul-98.

It is company registered at Network Hq 508 Edgware Road, The Hyde, London, NW9 5AB. ( Telecom Plus HQ.)

Confirmed here "TML is part of Telecom plus PLC,"
    https://www.tmleurope.com/about.taf
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I would use Vectone again
  • diamonds
    diamonds Posts: 6,048 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Where else does 500 1p voice minutes on payg ? Esp £30 for the year - great for OAP's only using 01/02/02 calls - dumping BT line rental who are reducing LR to £13.99 with Ofcom objectives(unconfirmed), but the reduced LR £13.99 includes nothing but BT shareholders bonus.

If you need loads of texts for a £5 a month on payg Asda on EE, 200m 2000 texts.
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure