IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

First Parking PCN

Options

Comments

• zipadee
    zipadee Posts: 83 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi
    So not having heard anything from dcblegal since last correspondence around January 2019, I have received a letter today  from them which says this is a formal Letter of Claim in accordance with the Pre-Action Protocol for Debt claims. 
    States Basis of Claim and Amount of claim details. Then a section which you need to sign and date to say where you want copy of reply form and Financial statement to be sent.
    I will re-read the newbies section now but wanted to see if this really did sound like a LOC.

Thanks
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    If it gave you 30 days to respond it is indeed a letter of claim.  You do not need to complete their financial forms.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 38,187 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    zipadee said:
    I will re-read the newbies section now but wanted to see if this really did sound like a LOC.

Yes, that's exactly what you need to do. Sounds like a valid Letter of Claim to me,
  • zipadee
    Options
    All, thanks for your reply. I have started the process.
    1. Email sent to PPC requesting SAR
    2. Email sent to DCB legal informing them of above.
    So LOC was sent dated 08/01/21. Do I just now wait for the court claim before next steps i.e AOS and Defence preparation ? Could someone explain what AOS for in simple terms. 
    Is it worth my trying to contact the Landowner and complain ? In this case it is a university.

Many thanks

• Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,568 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    "Is it worth my trying to contact the Landowner and complain ? In this case it is a university."

Yes ....

this is what we call plan A

Ralph B)

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 38,187 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    zipadee said:
    2. Email sent to DCB legal informing them of above.
    That email should've been telling them that you are seeking debt advice and they must delay processing by thirty days. Did it?

zipadee said:
    Do I just now wait for the court claim before next steps i.e AOS and Defence preparation ?
    Yes.

zipadee said:
    Could someone explain what AOS for in simple terms.
    AoS = Acknowledgment of Service.
    In simple terms all it does is give you an extra fourteen days to file a Defence.
    Google will of course give you a much more comprehensive, and confusing, answer.
  • zipadee
    Options
    KeithP
    "That email should've been telling them that you are seeking debt advice and they must delay processing by thirty days. Did it?"
    Yes as per Coupon-mad's post, I copied the following;
    (a) I am seeking debt advice but I deny any debt and the case must be put 'on hold' for not less than 30 days under the PAP for debt claims 2017.
    (b) I have sent your client a SAR

• zipadee
    Options
    Hi 
    I was wondering if anyone could point me to a link for current court cases etc. Just would like to read through these in preparation. The court hearing and how to put up a defence is obviously the most worrying aspect for me so would be good to try and prepare and understand better if I can. Also I am not sure about putting together a witness statement or how important that aspect is. 
    Thanks

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure