IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

First Parking PCN

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• zipadee
    zipadee Posts: 83 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Unfortunately I lost the case just now. It's mainly my own fault. A bit nervous and not able to articulate my case as well as I should have.

Two things the judge mentioned that would have helped my case. If I had sent an email from the university to say that they gave a 30 minute grace period which I had - silly me. A witness statement from my son to say that he was unloading  on that day, then Jobson may have come into play. I could not prove that he was unloading.

I thought judge Susan Hutton was fair but very tough. I guess that's her job but seems like she was not willing to take into account signage and forming a contract, redacted landowner contracts etc.

Ah well. I've learned a bit. 

Thanks everyone for all your help. I'll try and post some more later but a bit exhausted.

In terms of paying the costs, how will I go about doing this - will I receive a letter ?

• zipadee
    Options
    Hello

I lost my case on Thursday and the judge agreed with claimant solicitor how much should be paid but no one said anything about how to pay or to whom. I was expecting some notification but maybe that is not the case. I have tried to contact the court both by email and telephone without success.

Should I just get in touch with the claimant or their legal representatives directly ? 

Sorry, I was told 14 days to pay so need to get this sorted quickly.

Thanks

• Jenni_D
    Jenni_D Posts: 5,124 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Payment is usually to the party which raised the claim, so the legal company probably. (Whose name was on the claim form?)

Ring them up with the claim reference number and ask about paying the judgment. Make sure they agree to send a notice of payment so you can prove the judgment was paid, so that it doesn't end up getting registered erroneously.
    Jenni x
  • zipadee
    Options
    Thanks Jenni. Really appreciate that. 
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,990 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I hope DJ Hutton didn't make the mistake of letting the PPC have the false 'debt recovery' (£70) so called contractual costs that the DLUHC has just banned.  This is part of the new Code of Practice, within which in his Ministerial Forward, Neil O'Brien MP declared that the £70 'debt recovery fee' was 'designed to extort money from motorists'.

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • zipadee
    Options
    I hope DJ Hutton didn't make the mistake of letting the PPC have the false 'debt recovery' (£70) so called contractual costs that the DLUHC has just banned.  This is part of the new Code of Practice, within which in his Ministerial Forward, Neil O'Brien MP declared that the £70 'debt recovery fee' was 'designed to extort money from motorists'.

DJ Hutton removed the £60 Debt recovery charge and another £21 claimed for interest. In addition to court fee and legal representative costs, she added another £27. Not quite sure what that was for. She also refused another fee for an advocate to attend the hearing.

Thanks 
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,264 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    zipadee said:

DJ Hutton removed the £60 Debt recovery charge and another £21 claimed for interest. In addition to court fee and legal representative costs, she added another £27. Not quite sure what that was for. She also refused another fee for an advocate to attend the hearing.

Thanks 
    It's the Hearing fee.
  • Jenni_D
    Jenni_D Posts: 5,124 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    £21 interest? Why? The choice to delay filing a court claim was the Claimant's, so why should they benefit with interest charges for their tardiness?

Jenni x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure