IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

First Parking PCN

Options

Comments

• zipadee
    zipadee Posts: 83 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Read through the newbies thread. You cannot be unsure about how important a WS is; it is the only place you can introduce your evidence (oral or documented) that supports your defence 
    The template defence is great for you to read. Read it. understand what it covers - a lot! - and this will not be quick. 
    Thanks Nosferatu. I think the problem I have with the WS is how to support my defence. At the end of he day, the driver was parked somewhere (and in this case directly in front of a sign (doh!) that states the terms of parking I guess. I will go to car park as it is 10 miles from me and try and take photos  and see how small writing is and how many signs etc but not sure what else can help. Maybe you are allowed to park there for short period and drop stuff off, I am not sure. It's difficult to say something favorable other than I am not driver, I knew nothing, that fine seems steep, I don;t believe I have made a contract with anyone... Sorry a bit rambly but trying to get to the essence of how I can make this helpful for myself especially as I'm not the driver.

Thanks again
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Youre going round the wrong way. Read the template defence. Then work out how you can support that. 
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,604 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    It's difficult to say something favorable other than I am not driver,
    But if the PPC has met PoFA requirements, then it's irrelevant whether you were the driver or not - as the keeper, you can be held liable. 

I note that in your POPLA appeal from a couple of years you argued that the NtK was not PoFA-compliant 'because of dates'. POPLA rejected that, but they were erroneously assessing under para 9, whereas a windscreen ticket must follow under para 8. But we don't seem to know what the dates were, or whether any other part of the NtK was non-compliant. 

So before you tell a Judge that you were not the driver, and thus the PPC has no case, let us see a copy of the first letter (the NtK) you received from the PPC (both sides). Redact any personal data and the vehicle's VRM, but leave all dates showing. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,272 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    ''The fine seems steep'' is NOT something to put in any defence!

Why not simply scroll down the forum, go back a dozen of more pages and click on every court claim thread you see?  You will see what happens and how people shape their defences around the template each time.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • zipadee
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Will follow all the suggestions. 
  • zipadee
    Options
    Umkomaas said:
    It's difficult to say something favorable other than I am not driver,
    But if the PPC has met PoFA requirements, then it's irrelevant whether you were the driver or not - as the keeper, you can be held liable. 

I note that in your POPLA appeal from a couple of years you argued that the NtK was not PoFA-compliant 'because of dates'. POPLA rejected that, but they were erroneously assessing under para 9, whereas a windscreen ticket must follow under para 8. But we don't seem to know what the dates were, or whether any other part of the NtK was non-compliant. 

So before you tell a Judge that you were not the driver, and thus the PPC has no case, let us see a copy of the first letter (the NtK) you received from the PPC (both sides). Redact any personal data and the vehicle's VRM, but leave all dates showing. 
    Hi Umkomaas

I need to work out how to load a photo of the first letter but in the meantime there are only 2 dates
    Date of Event: 25/04/2019   10:19:00
    Date Issued:    28/05/2019   09:47:47

I guess they have 56 days between event and issuing NTK ?

Thanks

• zipadee
    Options
    Photos of NTK

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income