IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

First Parking PCN

Options

Comments

• zipadee
    zipadee Posts: 83 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I posted only TODAY how to respond to a DCBLegal LBC and make them shut up...there is a way.  No link given.
    Hi Coupon-mad. I think I have tracked down your post on 28/01/21. I think it is in reference to a complaint to DCBL and threat of a counter claim. see below. Should I use ken1_2 wording as per the link and amend based on the fact I am keeper ? Also, I note that you have already put together a response with possible counter claim which I could also use. Seems to me this step is worth persuing to make DCBL take note that I am serious and if they are dishing out lots of letters to go to court, they may back down if if  I send the response you mention.

Thanks

Coupon-mad said:
    Pointless.
    But with DCBLegal the OP could try the old 'threaten a £900 counterclaim' tactic they don't seem to like:
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/comment/77926160/#Comment_77926160
    Only at DCBLegal (Letter before Claim) stage, not in response to any stupid debt recovery threatograms from their non-legal arm.  They wouldn't understand the reply.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,270 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I meant use the long counterclaim threat reply, amended to suit where needed.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • zipadee
    Options
    I meant use the long counterclaim threat reply, amended to suit where needed.
    Hi Coupon-mad

I am currently using your counterclaim threat reply to send to DCBLegal. I just had a few questions. 
    1. Re title below should this be PPC v Me ?
    2, Pre action recovery letters - After PCN I received 2 letters from National Debt Collections followed by 2 letters from DCBL (not legal) . There was a 2nd PCN a month later and again the same set of letters. Do I state  the references as the DCBL case number or PCN no or does it make no difference ?
    3. I have replaced ZZPS with National Debt Collections in your template.
    4. Not sure which date to use re duplicate letters ?

I will email this tonight.
    Thanks

Dear Sirs,  
    xxxxxxx xxxxxxx Ltd v  xxxxx xxxxxx
    Pre-action/recovery letters x 2 - refs xxxxxx and xxxxxx
    I refer to DCBL's duplicate letters dated xx/xx/20 under the above two references. I dispute that there is any debt owed to  xxxxxxx xxxxxxx Ltd.
  • zipadee
    Options
    Hi 
    I want to send an email to the university to try and get them to cancel these PCNs. Not hopeful but worth a try as well. I have drafted something but not sure whether I should be just polite and apologetic or actually sound !!!!!! off at the level of distress and anxiety caused by the actions of these debt collection agencies on behalf of the PPC.

My draft is a bit of a rant at their practices as well as suggesting the charge is unfair as it's possible vehicle may have been parked for a short length of time within a grace period as there is no evidence to suggest otherwise.

Thanks
  • zipadee
    Options
    Hi
    After being given the run around, I have finally today received two email replies from the university. It turns out that the two PCNs received are for different car parks at the university, managed by two different teams although the PPC is the same i.e. First Parking. So both emails say PCN cannot be cancelled and that signage is in place to alert all car park users. 

In my email to them, I was pointing out the poor practices of First Parking and the legal companies that FP employ. They have completely ignored that part of my email. No response to that what so ever. As Landowners, they should be aware of these poor  practices are in my opinion guilty by association.

So for one of the PCNs, I have received a Letter of Claim, so I guess this will be going to court and the second PCN I have had the chasing letters from DCBL ltd but no LOC yet. When (or if) I get the Court papers, at that point would it be a good time to ask
    them to combine both PCNs as part of the process.

Thanks
  • zipadee
    Options
    Also I have emailed by MP, although I'm not really expecting much but at least I have registered a complaint and made her aware.
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,461 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    If you do get actual court claim (N1) you need to see if you can get both claims consolidated.  The claimant (well their solicitor) will have a duty to the court not to waste time and resources.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    You should also point this out to the solicitor to start
    Their first duty is tot eh court, and they musty not start multiple claims. 
  • zipadee
    Options
    Hi
    Here we go. Claim form received on Friday. Issue date is 12 March 2021.
    The claim is for a PCN for parking at a residential car park at the University of Hertfordshire. 
    There is a second PCN issued for another car park (I believe an administrative one) at the University of Hertfordshire.I have not received a Letter of Claim for this one.  Both car parks are managed by First Parking. As Le-Kirk and Nosferatu mentioned above, I should try and get these consolidated. Not sure how to go about this, should I be contacting DCBLegal or First Parking.

First step to Acknowledge Service. I should do this online even though they have a section relating to this on the claim form.
    Second Step, start defence as per CouponMad's template.

Thanks

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,604 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Don't acknowledge (AOS) claim until you've received specific advice on timing from @KeithP. The faster you AOS, the shorter the time you have to develop your Defence. Don't rush it!

I wouldn't be mentioning anything about the consolidation of claims until such time as you actually have two. At this stage all the paperwork is pretty much automated. You can be almost certain that the drone dealing with this first court claim has no idea about your other PCN. 

BWL aren't a back street quill and ink old fashioned solicitors, they are highly automated and have around 250 call centre staff harassing people over parking charges every day. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport