PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 16th July 2018

Options

Comments

• Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just got back from leavers assembly; S was lovely bless him, and put his arms around some people who were upset. He's so ready to move on now - I've been involved with that school for 11 years so been a long time. Having a cuppa now then will do some flying - meeting a friend for lunch which will be nice. MUST take a leaf out of Pigpen's book and list some stuff on fleabay soon; fed up of stuff hanging around in bags waiting to be listed so must take action.

Ionafan thank goodness for memory sticks!!

Dizzy bad news re the leak; hope it's all sorted by now.
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,941 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all - just. Hugs where needed along with patience, spoons etc.

I have walked the dogs, done a work shift, washing is ongoing, put rubbish and recycling out, watered the garden and sorted paperwork.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Dizzy I hope you've had the plumber round to your to sort the leak by now. What a damned nuisance!

Ionafan thank the gods you had a backup! Having seen two IT professionals lose all their work when their laptops died and they hadn't bothered to do backups (someone else did that sort of donkey-work at the office, and this was their own personal stuff, so no secretary to do it for them) I am absolutely paranoid and have at least two backups of everything.
    DH didn't close the dog's crate door last night so I was jumped on at 5.20am :cool:
    Forgive me atb but I did have to :rotfl:.
    I shall be having two Cavapoos sleeping on the bed as of tomorrow night; at home, they have their own beds in the bedroom, but usually choose to share the owners' bed, so this is the arrangement we shall have here, too. :o

Towel-and-hanky wash done, and all outside on the whirligig; Mr LW is bailing the bath out onto the front garden - still no rain here.

We have to pop into town in a bit - pick up his meds for his persistent cough (they're trying something else for it); get the little "domes" on my hearing aids changed 9this has to be done roughly every 3 months) and pick up some F&V.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,093 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 20 July 2018 at 2:19PM
    Options
    Wow, Pigpen on the stunning weightloss! Fantastically well done.

Not sure what to make of your OH's comment, Kazwookie, but I'm not impressed by it!
    Huge congratulations Ionafan on the final essay being handed in ahead of the deadline. I hope you thoroughly enjoyed your day out with Rosie.

Shower room sparkled first thing this morning after I had my shower, Foodbank session done, and I'm just about to change the beds in the two letting rooms. After that I'll do some laundry and then crack on with some campaigning work I've been asked to do.
    Better is good enough.
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    No. This DJ does not take requests.

School event. My laptop. My (well, Himself's) playlist downloaded on my Internet connection. I set up all the equipment.

There is no way I'm dealing with a couple of hundred kids with some barking orders at me to play stuff there is no way I could even repeat the lyrics of without getting fired.

And if I have a stream of members of staff telling me it sounds bad/turn it down/it's too quiet/the exact opposite of the one previous, I might just scream.

On the positive side, I have aircon. Nobody else does.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • Skint59
    Skint59 Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I rejoined you last week and managed one whole day of flying, sorry, remembering I should be flying, and have only just managed to get back to you today. So I plan to get started on the bathroom no 1 and if I can will at least give bathroom no 2 a squirt with some cleaning stuff that can be working while I am too.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Dizzy - please say that you got the leak sorted?

Well done Ionafan. :T:jEarly is impressive, thank goodness for the back up.

I was full of good intentions for this afternoon, but in actual fact I have just got in from job 2, instead of at lunchtime. But on the plus side, that job is now finished until September, due to my working day being Thursday! I think we are the only schools not breaking up until the middle of next week, although DD finishes tomorrow afternoon.

I'm just having a cuppa, then I might drag myself up to clean the shower.
  • Skint59
    Skint59 Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    HHC anyone? I need a rocket! Seems like my get up and go has got up and gone again. Still haven't done any flying this week.
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Skint, my got up and go got up and went ages ago like yours! I am sure it will return when the weather cools down a little.

Hoovering is done
    Parcel posts, plus another £15 sale that has yet to be paid for.
    Weeding done

Jojo some times you just cannot win, next time tell the teachers they can arrange the disco music and lets see how they get on.

I have now got myself a very very large box from the town, am going to make a pirates boat for when my little pirates come in a fortnight, if I make the basic thing, and leave crayons etc around, they can colour it in / draw on it etc ~~~ well that is the plan. It should keep them busy for a while.
    My priates flag has arrived, its hugh, so a couple of garden canes are tied together to make a flag pole, to fly it from :)
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    kazwookie wrote: »
    Skint, my got up and go got up and went ages ago like yours! I am sure it will return when the weather cools down a little.

Hoovering is done
    Parcel posts, plus another £15 sale that has yet to be paid for.
    Weeding done

Jojo some times you just cannot win, next time tell the teachers they can arrange the disco music and lets see how they get on.

I have now got myself a very very large box from the town, am going to make a pirates boat for when my little pirates come in a fortnight, if I make the basic thing, and leave crayons etc around, they can colour it in / draw on it etc ~~~ well that is the plan. It should keep them busy for a while.
    My priates flag has arrived, its hugh, so a couple of garden canes are tied together to make a flag pole, to fly it from :)

Much as I'd love to, I have been less than accommodating on previous occasions - but this was an entirely reasonable request/instruction with 24 hours' notice and I'd been told to sort it out however I thought best.

Leaving it to me meant I could reasonably say to myself

'Well, I could put a table outside on the slope and run power through the window as suggested. OR - I could keep the table inside where it's level, keep the expensive bit of kit that runs on 240v (and my laptop) inside out of the way of any summer thunderstorms and where I can see the screen, run speaker cables through the window and completely coincidentally be the only person in the shade and underneath an aircon unit all day whilst I prioritise Health & Safety in terms of minimising electrical risks, trips or falls on uneven surfaces and the Manual Handling of furniture'. :D

In short, I got the best deal of everybody for the day and I suspect the complaints were more to do with excessive heat, sun exposure and a slight twinge when seeing me looking so [strike]smug[/strike] comfortable through the window.

Still struggled to walk home in the heat, though. Himself is looking all waify and has taken himself back upstairs to lie down. I can't imagine what he's done all day to warrant looking so shattered, but I'm not really that interested, tbh.

Just one more (massively busy, too much to do) day left and I'm FREE!
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family