PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 16th July 2018

Options

Comments

• Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Definitely hummmmm .... nothing lazy there Kaz

Your dinner sounds nice ATB; very tasty

I've just put all the recycling and bins out and then have cleaned our kitchen bin ..... seriously worried I may be sickening for something as I'm never this good :rotfl:
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,054 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Kaz.. what has he done all day??? ;)

CF gets better... this '!!!!!' is a former neighbour and a friend who has been invited to house parties and out for coffee with them and spent time in the house with his baggage while he was not there.. yep.. super-dangerous!!! complicit is the word springing to mind!!!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Maisie_M
    Maisie_M Posts: 1,524 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Things left on the list to do tomorrow. Not sure how much I will get done as going out with DS2 for the day and we will be collecting DS1 from the airport on the way home.

Twinkling Tuesday ~ Luscious Living Room and Delectable Dining Room
    Level One
    Vacuum floors

Wishful Wednesday ~ Mystical Master Bedroom & Limpid Landing
    Level Two..
    Vacuum floor in bedroom and on landing

Extras

• Clean windows in these rooms
    • Wipe tops of door frames, even if just what you can do in 5 minutes
    Thrifty Thursday ~ Barnacled Bathroom
    Level One..

Clean floors in these rooms (even if it is around the clutter)
    Level Two..
    [STRIKE]Clean bath, toilet and sink ~ let's have twinkling taps.
    Change bath mat and towels.[/STRIKE]
    Level Three..
    [STRIKE]Clear clutter from floor
    Wipe down tiles in bathroom
    Clean shower screen/curtain if you have one/if required[/STRIKE]
    Extra:

• Sort a wardrobe or part of, a drawer or set of drawers making sure it has what needs to be in it and any 'extras' are put where they should be.
    • Clean window
    • HHI
    Thankfully I had cleaned quite a bit of the bathroom today so not too much from Thursday's list to do :D

• Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    pigpen wrote: »
    Kaz.. what has he done all day??? ;)

CF gets better... this '!!!!!' is a former neighbour and a friend who has been invited to house parties and out for coffee with them and spent time in the house with his baggage while he was not there.. yep.. super-dangerous!!! complicit is the word springing to mind!!!

Getting jealous about his baggage being friends with the guy? Wanting to cut her off/isolate her from people she knows and might say he has seriously fd up attitudes towards girls?

It's not like he doesn't have form for despicable behaviour towards females.

My CF took a similar attitude towards any female that irked him. Easiest solution to feeling impotent/not worshipped was always 'absolutely destroy her' (which meant report to social services, make claims that he was going to ensure they lost their pensions/never work again/contact partners, friends and employers, call the RSPCA and waste their time, etc, etc).

Happened to every woman once they reached the old age at 30/the money ran out/they stopped taking his crap/annoyed him at work, in a car, at school, neighbours/he purely coincidentally bumped into a much younger woman with wealthy parents when using a dating website 'to make friends'. Without fail. Every single time.

And always demanded support to do so. Like the people he demanded support from hadn't had exactly the same done to them by him previously.

:cool:

Horrible people can be on the end of domestic abuse/coercive control just as much as nice people, after all.

[makes burbling noises about last week of term, three major events plus a previously unscheduled event I've now been made responsible for tomorrow, the stupid levels of heat, sun and the fact I've HAD ENOUGH of work now]

I am going to drink gin and remind myself that none of this is my problem from 3pm Friday for a whole six weeks - and some of it will never be my problem again because the sources of some of the problems will be somebody else's problem as of September.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Kitchen put to bed, washloads prepped, DW prepped. Maidenful ironed, showered and changed bed. *smug*
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Arrrggghhh!!!

We've got a leak in the upstairs cupboard in the landing. What is it with water and this house? Bucket underneath, towel on floor, water off at the stop tap, plumber sent a text very early this morning, so I'm now having a cuppa as there's nowt else I can do.

La la la la - can't hear the water dripping....no I cant...
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Options
    Morning All

Dizzy have a big hug from me. I hope your plumber replies ASAP and can get to you today xx

DH didn't close the dog's crate door last night so I was jumped on at 5.20am :cool: I have used the extra time well though - DW unloaded, WM on, beds made, DD bed stripped etc etc.

Big dog walk planned this morning then out for lunch with a friend. Enjoying the last hours of peace before 2.30pm tomorrow! Love to all xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,454 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all :wave:

Dizzy :eek::eek::eek:

Today is the deadline for my final assignment.
    The good news is that I submitted it yesterday! :j:j:j
    The scary news is that, just as I saved the final version ready to submit it, my PC died :mad::mad::mad:
    Fortunately I had also just saved everything onto a memory stick as well as the hard drive, and therefore was able to open it on my laptop - phew! :D - and it was all there bar two capital letter corrections in the bibliography :T:T:T
    I submitted it PDQ before anything else happened!

I am now having to use my laptop, which is very slow, and the PC is going to the local computer geeks who built it for repair - probably just a burnt out capacitor in the motor, I am informed, and hopefully the hard drive will still be intact. I've got an awful lot on there which I had been planning to back up this week :o

This morning I have
    -cleared some rubbish off my desk
    - written out what I can remember of my Toots list which of course is on the PC :cool:
    - cleared the ironing pile (2 items) :p

Off to college library this morning to return my books and set up external membership so that I can use changing my books as a good excuse to go back for the occasional evening meal with my friends who are doing 3-year course :)
    Then DH, Rosie and I are going out for the day :)

(((Hugs))) to all coping with stressful situations.
    Spoons and sticks a-plenty here, please help yourselves xx
  • klew356
    klew356 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I actually have a list as long as my arm of jobs to do tonight, I am not going spinning to try and catch up with myself !!!8211; wish me luck, tea will be simple simple so I can crack on!
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Ionafan, scary stuff, glad you had a back up.

Dizzy, I also hope the plumber is on his way to you, can you turn the main supply off / put a bucket or similar under the leak?

Right today I am going to:-
    Hoover downstairs as there are bits of cat fluff.............
    Weeds the main flower bed
    Post, eby parcel
    Look at some letters
    Do the VAT for the last 1/4

Have a good day
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories