PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 16th July 2018

Options

Comments

• LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 17 July 2018 at 11:29AM
    Options
    Dizzy_Imp wrote: »
    Tiny had his second taster day at primary school today. He came home with his shorts on back to front and no pants...:eek: Apparently he had a little accident, and stashed the evidence.
    That's going to be a nice find for the caretaker.
    Eeewww! Just.... EEEWWWW!!!
    At least dogs don't do that - indeed, when Cassie had an upset tummy at 02:00 one night, she actually came to the bedroom to find me, bless her.
    Happy Gotcha Day Rosie :bdaycake: That's a special cake made from her favourite dog food, and decorated with gravy-bones and doggy-chocs. :D

More bath-bailing again this morning, as we've still had no rain. Bin day also, so the green garden/food waste wheelie, blue glassware box, and pink recycling sack have been put out; no need to do the black bag this week, there's hardly anything in it.

Posi-vibes where needed - specially Froddy, Natty & Valli.

I've managed to empty the third drawer down in the freezer, ready for Buddy & Indi's food - they'll be here Friday evening for a 17 day visit. :T
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,854 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Blimey LW, 17 days, I hope the dogglets don't wear you out too much.

Food shopping done and away
    Wm on final load it seems to be takeing ages today
    Whole house hoovered
    Toilets cleaned
    Post dealt with
    Recycling from the post done, why do I need loads of information leaflets, when I know about the taffif? bin.
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    LameWolf wrote: »
    Happy Gotcha Day Rosie :bdaycake: That's a special cake made from her favourite dog food, and decorated with gravy-bones and doggy-chocs. :D
    Rosie says "Woof! Thank you, LameWolf." She is going to have a sausage for lunch ;)
    kazwookie wrote: »
    Blimey LW, 17 days, I hope the dogglets don't wear you out too much.
    No, they'll keep you going, LW - it's only after they've gone that you'll realise how much fun you've had with them and how tired you are (just like when my grandchildren visit) :D

Making progress with writing :)
    WMx1 ready to go on the line, but there's a big black cloud around. At least it's staying cool for me to carry on working into the afternoon.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    17 days is great, LW. Am I right that you really enjoyed having them before and missed them when they went home? I hope you keep us up to date with their visit.

Well done on the writing, Iona. :T Nearly there? And a virtual doggie treat to Rosie too!

This morning hasn't gone to plan, but I have cleaned the bathroom and s&s the ensuite. Neither in the plan, but the bathroom needed it after DD decided to soak away her aches in the bath last night. To be fair she kept the room tidy, so it was just the bath needing a scrub. The rest of the room got a clean because I was in there. I'm planning a bit of a meal prep session this afternoon to make use of the veggies in the freezer. First of all, the LR is going to get a cursory swipe of the duster so that I tick something off the FL list while I wait for the 2nd load to finish in the wm.
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,086 Forumite
    Options
    in
    Happy adoption anniversary, Ionafan and Rosie! May you both enjoy many happy years together.
    Happy birthday, Mrs MP!:bdaycake:
    *Healing vibes* Valli.

(((Hugs))) to each and every Flylady who's struggling with anything today.

I've degrotted some of the sundeck while the kittens were playing outside, washed the vacuum cleaner filter and pick-up brush, refilled Kelpie's pill pots, stuffed his Kong, vacuummed the rest of the ground floor, taken him for a trundle, am about to do so again, taken a couple of phone calls in response to the messages I left yesterday and committed myself to a half day next Monday of doing something I really don't want to do because I both think and feel I should. It could be worse, I might have given in completely and ended up giving several days of my time and I wouldn't let myself. It's a small victory but an important one for me.

The animal rescue will take duvets but not pillows. Technically feathers can be composted, apparently, so I need to talk to the chaps at the time about that. I doubt they'll want several pillows-worth fluttering around the place.

Quick dog walk, quick shower, out to meet a friend.
    Better is good enough.
  • Mademoiselle
    Mademoiselle Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Fluttering along slowly here, been to work, had lunch, ironing cleared, WM on, kitchen cleaned after lunch.
    It's gone very hot and humid here now so just having a bit of quiet time with curtains shut to try and keep the house at a bearable temperature. Only me in the house today and tomorrow so should stay tidy until Step mother arrives, OH comes home and DD1 too.
    Must finish menu plan and go shopping, at least the supermarket has aircon (as does the car to get me there)
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Options
    Accidentally decluttered a nap earlier, whoops :o

DH is home nice and early so he can cook dinner, I've already made his packed lunch for tomorrow. Kiddies are eating dinner. Not much else to report which is quite a nice feeling after months of gloom!

Have lovely evenings all xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I did the same atb. I was supposed to be ‘meditating’!

Not much flying done today. I can’t get at the dining room table due to the ‘Zombicide’ board game that is occupying over half of it. We are confined to one end for eating.:D

I went to PT first thing. Ouch. Very depressing. I’ve lost so much of my fitness and it’s going to be hard work getting back to where I was this time last year. I can’t even run at the moment, I’m going to have to go back to the Couch to 5k. After doing 10k in just over an hour in June last year. :mad:

I’ve done all the meal prep for tomorrow as I am out most of the day. DH is in surgery every day this week so when he arrives home is a mystery:rotfl:

Oh I’ve done a load of washing and am about to do the washing up. For about the third time today. I miss my DW.

We did get some rain today. It’s much cooler which is pleasant. Tempers have been getting short. We just aren’t used to this heat.

Ionafan congratulations to you and Rosie. It’s great that you are getting 17 days of doggie friends LW

Right. Must sign off. Dinner calls. I’m not waiting any longer for DH. I’m starving. S*d’s law he always seems to arrive just when I’m finishing and looks hurt that I haven’t waited for him. :rotfl:

Have a nice evening everyone.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • Maisie_M
    Maisie_M Posts: 1,524 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Righty ho catch up Wednesday as have been mainly getting all the camping gear washed dried and away so far this week. Took DS2 to the pictures this morning to see The Incredibles 2 and then did all the ironing that was hanging around. I also did most of the kitchen tasks from Monday so only a couple of bits to do there.

Magical Monday ~ Kookin Kitchen
    Level One..
    Clean floors

Extras
    • Take a duster and wipe around the tops of your door frames ; as many as you can manage in 5 minutes..

Twinkling Tuesday ~ Luscious Living Room and Delectable Dining Room
    Level One
    Vacuum floors

Level Two..
    Clear the table
    Dusting, even if around everything
    Remove clutter making sure stairs especially are safe
    Clean TV, other electricals and cabinets

Level Three...
    Clean any other glass like mirrors etc

Extras:
    • Clean any other glass in these rooms, mirrors, picture frames etc

Wishful Wednesday ~ Mystical Master Bedroom & Limpid Landing

Level Two..
    Vacuum floor in bedroom and on landing

Level Three....
    Dust surfaces & make sure no cobwebs about
    Vacuum mattress before replacing with fresh linen
    Eat a frog!

Extras

• Clean windows in these rooms
    • Wipe tops of door frames, even if just what you can do in 5 minutes
    My extras
    • wash lights and get out on line
    • wash whites and get out on line
    • fold towels from tumble drier and put away
    • put DW on
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,026 Forumite
    Options
    blah blah blah... poo poo poo.... swear swear... snarl...

Thats my week...

Done nowt.. spent too much.. AF turned up with her pet dragon.. 4 days early so I'm drugged into stupor.. I've managed 1500 steps of my 10k .. not happy but tomorrow is a new day..
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts