new phone recommendations

Options

Comments

• Timalay
    Timalay Posts: 906 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 21 October 2018 at 12:54PM
    Options
    You can pick up the Moto G6 for under £220, or if you don't mind a little bigger screen (5.9" vs the 5.7" of the G6), you can pick up the Moto G6 Plus for under £270. Or you can pick up the Nokia 8 for around £300, which has last years flagship processor in it.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    mrochester wrote: »
    Disagree. It’s very good advice.

If you seriously believe that any 'second hand iPhone for under £300' will 'blow any Android phone out of the water' then you need to stop doing drugs because it's not doing you any favours
  • Timalay
    Timalay Posts: 906 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    :doh: This thread is going end up getting locked.
  • mrochester
    mrochester Posts: 1,505 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Timalay wrote: »
    :doh: This thread is going end up getting locked.

It's a shame. Fandroids ruin everything.
  • Super_Whiskey
    Options
    Timalay wrote: »
    You can pick up the Moto G6 for under £220, or if you don't mind a little bigger screen (5.9" vs the 5.7" of the G6), you can pic the Moto G6 Plus for under £270. Or you can pick up the Nokia 8 for around £300, which has last years flagship processor in it.

I've read a few more reviews and there are a number of places which say the G6 Plus is a good phone but as mentioned above, the issues I've had with my G4 make me somewhat reluctant! I haven't read much about the Nokia 8 but I'll seek some reviews out.

As for the iPhone, I think there are probably better ways to spent my £300.
  • mac.d
    mac.d Posts: 1,345 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You know that trolling isn't allowed on the forum right?

You are trolling I hope.
    Just ignore its an obvious fishing attempt and you are just biting and allowing them to make the thread boring and pointless.
  • mrochester
    mrochester Posts: 1,505 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 21 October 2018 at 11:51AM
    Options
    mac.d wrote: »
    Just ignore its an obvious fishing attempt and you are just biting and allowing them to make the thread boring and pointless.

How does suggesting a better alternative ‘make the thread boring and pointless’?

I’m trying to help the OP. A second hand iPhone from 2 years ago will be a lot better than a new £300 android phone.
  • Super_Whiskey
    Options
    mac.d wrote: »

To be fair, it's not the most exciting of questions!
  • Mister_G
    Mister_G Posts: 1,928 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I’m trying to help the OP. A second hand iPhone from 2 years ago will be a lot better than a new £300 android phone.

Only in your opinion.

Since the OP has an Android phone, I would suggest (only in my opinion :)) that they would feel more comfortable with another Android phone rather than having to learn the vagaries of a different operating system.
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,459 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    In your opinion ;)

I used to have an iPhone and couldn't really get my head round why everyone thought they were so wonderful - it's a phone for fork's sake.

I've now had Android for about 4 (?) years - Mrs has an iPhone and I still struggle to understand how to make it work sensibly.

Ho hum :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport