Updated Find the cheapest broadband discussion thread

Options
1190191192193194196»

Comments

• makara
    makara Posts: 462 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm with NOW broadband since April 2022 - who are also going up by £3.50 in July to around £27 for new customers

Quidco has £99 cashback for their Super Fibre (Top cashback has £70 for the same) 

At the moment the industry as a whole seems expensive compared to last year 

Never had an issue with NOW - haven't needed to call them once
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,272 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    jaceyboy said:
    My TT contract is up next month after 18 months, they want me to go from £23.95 p/m to £29.95 p/m, called them up and best they will do is £27.00 p/m, this is for Fibre 65 which gives me speeds of around 51mbps, any deals around?
    See 4 posts or so above. 
  • Rob5342
    Rob5342 Posts: 1,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    makara said:
    I'm with NOW broadband since April 2022 - who are also going up by £3.50 in July to around £27 for new customers

Quidco has £99 cashback for their Super Fibre (Top cashback has £70 for the same) 

At the moment the industry as a whole seems expensive compared to last year 

Never had an issue with NOW - haven't needed to call them once

I had a 70mbit connection from then and they were putting it up from £22 to £23.50 a month. I've just switched to 150mbit full fibre from Fibrehop who use Cityfibre for £26 a month. The're no phone line included but I hadn't used mine for years.
  • jaceyboy
    jaceyboy Posts: 228 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Just to let you know, I phoned TalkTalk after not being able to get a better offer of £28 per month for Fibre 65, and managed to secure £25 per month fixed for two years, im happy with that.
  • makara
    Options
    jaceyboy said:
    Just to let you know, I phoned TalkTalk after not being able to get a better offer of £28 per month for Fibre 65, and managed to secure £25 per month fixed for two years, im happy with that.
    Well done, these days it's unlikely to be any lower.  I've been trying to phone multiple numbers to get hold of NOW, but none work! 
  • afmfifgh
    afmfifgh Posts: 281 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We had our renewal quotes for Now recently, been with them a couple of years, in the past when we called them they would always come down a few quid from their renewal prices. This time they wouldn't budge at all on the renewal offers.

The price for Fibre with no calls was £25.50/month for 12 months.

The number to call Now for renewals is 03337 594 816. It said there was a 15 minute wait but was answered in a few minutes.
  • makara
    edited 3 July 2023 at 4:11PM
    Options
    afmfifgh said:

The number to call Now for renewals is 03337 594 816. It said there was a 15 minute wait but was answered in a few minutes.
    Many thanks - I will give that number a go.  I might even mention (if they don't budge) that I'm soon going to be one of "their" (i.e. Sky's) colleagues in 2 months when I start my job with Sky, and am therefore in a weird position at the moment.

I suspect NOW know that aside from Cashback deals, there isn't much better anywhere price-wise at the moment - even with their £3.50 increase

To be fair - their broadband service has been excellent - and for the first 12 months contract (April 2022 to March 2023) it was effectively £11.66 per month for 80 Megs Fibre and Anytime calls (although we didn't use the landline ONCE as I have an unlimited Mobile sim) - as I got £100 Cashback, thanks to a MSE member giving a tip to go through "Quidco" when joining

When I join Sky I might ask if I can remain with NOW, and if they can apply the employee discount to THAT instead - as NOW's broadband has been more reliable (in Sky days I had to get their engineers out 3 times, due to slight speed drops) - and NOW is also a few Megs faster 
  • makara
    Options
    afmfifgh said:

Many thanks - the number YOU gave connected instantly, unlike all the others that didn't even ring

I spoke to Retentions - and as others have said they didn't give the option to keep my price as the same / or reduce the £3.50

He also added that if he re-contracts me now - the new price of £25.50 will be applicable - so it's better to stay on a rolling non-contract of £23.50

However one good news - Steven said that as the prices are going up on July 5th BUT my next bill is going to be made on July 4th - I will NOT pay £23.50 - but my existing £20

Then from August 4th I will pay £23.50

In terms of getting cheap Sky broadband as a new Sky employee - he said to be aware that I may not get that immediately - as "Now" employees only get their broadband discounted after Probation (and Sky may have a similar requirement)

He added that from around May 3rd of 2024 - my price will go up to £46.50 - so THAT is when I should (if still with NOW) speak to them to re-contract - as it will be cheaper than a rolling £46.50
  • LouiseAH
    LouiseAH Posts: 66 Forumite
    Options
    Just got the M125 Broadband service with Virgin Media for £20 a month (no phone line just broadband)

When I phoned them to discuss the new contract they started off at £32 a month. I said this was too much. They then reduced it to £28 a month. I refused they then transferred me to the retention's  department who reduced it to £24 a month. I told them to cancel it and they phoned me back a few days later and offered it to me for £20 a month. Which I accepted. If you do this, make sure you have clicked the section in your online user account so they can contact you and you have an upto date telephone number displayed.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback