edited 14 June 2010 at 3:34PM in Broadband & Internet Access
1.9K replies 564.8K views
1188189190191192194»

Replies

• Richard_T_Richard_T_ Forumite
    349 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    The guide doesnt work - a vast majority of the offers are not available.
     the postcode database is out of date/wrong as it doesnt recognise areas where open reach have stopped people signing up to copper services also known as copper stop sell.
     If I, or anyone else in the area was to switch then the only option would be ( expensive)  full fibre FTTP .

What would be useful would be finding a FTTP ( full fibre) provider that can price match my current deal - upto 68mb with inclusive landline and calls to mobile numbers for £21/month
  • vickervicker Forumite
    182 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    vicker said:
    Signed up to Shell mid April. Live date given as 5th may on sign up day. Haven't heard anything from them and certainly haven't gone live with them. 

What's going on?
    If you want to get in touch with Shell, don't bother with calling, live chat or emails. Over a week later, I'm still waiting for a reply to them.

However, contact them using their complaint facility. Reply received within hours.
  • TsetseRoarTsetseRoar Forumite
    2 Posts
    First Post
    One other thing on Shell Energy: I think the info on MSE might be inaccurate.
    Basically MSE's cheap broadband article (www . moneysavingexpert . com / broadband-and-tv/cheap-broadband/) recommends Shell Energy's 17.99 deal with 50 pounds cashback. 
    So I signed up for this deal, but now on checking the details I found that the cashback is only offered on fibre optic setups, not standard broadband. Shell's webpage (www .shellenergy . co. uk/broadband) also says the same thing (scroll right to the bottom, first asterisk).

Not blaming MSE; I should have double-checked all the details going in. I'm just saying that the article may no longer be up to date.

• southsidergssouthsidergs Forumite
    119 Posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    What would be useful would be finding a FTTP ( full fibre) provider that can price match my current deal - upto 68mb with inclusive landline and calls to mobile numbers for £21/month
    Not asking for much are you? I think you may be disappointed in your search
  • MSE_Will_LMSE_Will_L MSE Staff
    3 Posts
    First Post First Anniversary
    MSE Staff
    One other thing on Shell Energy: I think the info on MSE might be inaccurate.
    Basically MSE's cheap broadband article (www . moneysavingexpert . com / broadband-and-tv/cheap-broadband/) recommends Shell Energy's 17.99 deal with 50 pounds cashback. 
    So I signed up for this deal, but now on checking the details I found that the cashback is only offered on fibre optic setups, not standard broadband. Shell's webpage (www .shellenergy . co. uk/broadband) also says the same thing (scroll right to the bottom, first asterisk).

Not blaming MSE; I should have double-checked all the details going in. I'm just saying that the article may no longer be up to date.

Hi TsetseRoar, 

I'm afraid it sounds like you signed up directly through Shell's site. To get the bill credit on this deal, you need to sign up via our Shell Energy link: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/redir/0c08bbd6

If you got the deal in the last 14 days you do have the right to cancel. 

If you can cancel, you can always try to sign up again through our link, or check out the other deals we have in the guide and in Broadband Unbundled. 

Thanks 
    MSE Will 
  • TsetseRoarTsetseRoar Forumite
    2 Posts
    First Post
    [email protected]

Ok well thanks anyway
  • lithosyorklithosyork Forumite
    1 Post
    First Post

Hi TsetseRoar, 

I'm afraid it sounds like you signed up directly through Shell's site. To get the bill credit on this deal, you need to sign up via our Shell Energy link: ...

If you got the deal in the last 14 days you do have the right to cancel. 

If you can cancel, you can always try to sign up again through our link, or check out the other deals we have in the guide and in ...

Thanks 
    MSE Will 
    a tip here make sure you start in a new window/browser as it needs cookies. i used Brave and was shown shell std prices. I copied the link to a fresh launch of Safari  and it worked fine.