Updated Find the cheapest broadband discussion thread

Options

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    In effect steer clear of these sort of doorstep signups .
  • cbrown372
    cbrown372 Posts: 1,513 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    notional said:
    A big up for Plusnet... I've had really bad problems with my phone line during lockdown, and they were really great.  Gave me a credit to cover some BT open wifi data as a stopgap, good communication throughout between them and Openreach, I really like the ticket feature on the website where you can see the messages going between them and Openreach and even the engineer's test data.
    Also my deal with them has hardly gone up in price since I moved in 9 years ago.  Each year I just phone them, say I am shopping around and ask for a deal matching the one last year (or their new customer deal, or even an outrageous combo of the two on one occasion) and they say yes. My router was being annoying after 5 years, and they spent ages trying to reset it.  And finally sent me a new one.  Their call centre staff are chatty and friendly. 
    It is hard to get through on the phone atm, but keep trying.  They do answer in the end.

My year with Plusnet up next month and was going up £1 for line rental and a charge of £10.99 for my broadband which had been free for the year. Phoned up Friday evening to say I was looking at shifting and she gave me an offer of free broadband for another 18 months and just an increase of £1 for line rental. Happy to stick!
    Its not that we have more patience as we grow older, its just that we're too tired to care about all the pointless drama ;)
  • crues
    crues Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have had bad experience with Plusnet. I signed up using link on Martins. The deal included 75£ on mastercard. All deals i have seen for plusnet unlimited fibre have this offer

when i enquired with plusnet on 2 occasions i was informed that the email on £75 offer would come out. Now i am told i did not sign up for that offer but merely an offer of free activation

does anyone know how my online application can be traced via Martins

Derek
  • JJ_Egan
    Options
    Martins what ??
    Post a link to the deal you signed up to if it was on Money Saving Expert .
  • crues
    crues Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    It was Martins Money
    i cannot see where to find the deal i signed up to. It was 1/6 when i signed up via MArtins Money. Do you know how i can get this
    plusnet now saying they did not have such a deal that i signed up to on 1/6 via martins money
  • JJ_Egan
    Options
    Never heard of them .
    This is Money Saving Expert , MSE  site .
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,271 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    crues said:
    It was Martins Money
    i cannot see where to find the deal i signed up to. It was 1/6 when i signed up via MArtins Money. Do you know how i can get this
    plusnet now saying they did not have such a deal that i signed up to on 1/6 via martins money
    Not one of these, was it?

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips/2020/
  • JJ_Egan
    Options
    Nope cannot find that site might be a fake .
    PN web site today shows a £75 PN Reward Card .
  • delpetra
    delpetra Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Trying the TalkTalk deal (via BroadbandChoices) but I get a blank page when I click through the link. Any ideas?
  • JJ_Egan
    Options
    Clear browser cookies and history try another browser .
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback