🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Updated Find the cheapest broadband discussion thread

Options

Comments

• zermattbusby
    zermattbusby Posts: 86 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    *max* wrote: »
    I very recently switched to Fibre, staying with Sky, and was offered £10 a month unlimited fibre + £17.40 line rental, which I took.

However, today I got an email offering me line rental for £7.40 a month "if I stayed with Sky" (I think it was supposed to be a retention deal), so I phoned up, and they applied the offer even though I'd just entered into a new 12 month contract a week ago. So all in, £17.40 for unlimited fibre! :)

Are you sure its £7.40 Line Rental, not £10.00?

As the deal I have is :

£10.00 Fibre
    £10.00 Line Rental

Line Rental £17.40 - £7.40 discount = £10.00
  • itsakidsworld
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback folks.

I have been looking at Sky with their TV packages and will call them and ask what is the best deal they can offer.

However before i do, what's the best Sky package anyone has received including Sport, films, fibre, calls to give an idea of a ball part figure i can expect?
  • *max*
    *max* Posts: 3,208 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Are you sure its £7.40 Line Rental, not £10.00?

As the deal I have is :

£10.00 Fibre
    £10.00 Line Rental

Line Rental £17.40 - £7.40 discount = £10.00

Yes. In the email I got it said "discounted by £10 a month", so £7.40. Confirmed on the phone, and in confirmation email. :)
  • leonardo
    leonardo Posts: 72 Forumite
    Options
    Anybody here going for the sky £61 for one year deal?

What are your thoughts on this - because it seems to good to be true - approx £5pm for 12 months unlimited?

If there are issues with the line itself - are sky helpful in resolving them - or are there call out fees that apply?
  • Ferdy147
    Ferdy147 Posts: 130 Forumite
    Options
    I was planning on going for the Sky deal but haven't received any link from them.
  • nettles
    nettles Posts: 76 Forumite
    Options
    Ferdy147 wrote: »
    I was planning on going for the Sky deal but haven't received any link from them.

Same here. I got an email with a code and it said they will send me a link to sign up, but I haven't heard anything from them yet
  • nettles
    nettles Posts: 76 Forumite
    Options
    DavidP24 wrote: »
    @FERDY & @NETTLES

As long as you are not a Sky customer and you have a Voucher code this link is what you need

http://www.sky.com/shop/offers/proposition/MSESAQ156

They are strict about address now, so no trading codes!!

Thanks David. Signed up successfully. Even downloaded the app and changed the installation date so there will only be a couple of days of having sky and virgin ☺
  • jmdnnlln
    jmdnnlln Posts: 63 Forumite
    Options
    If you are a p2p downloader DO NOT TAKE ON SSE.

They HEAVILY manage (throttle) p2p on their broadband.

Talktalk before switchover, 4.5 Mbps.

SSE 4-65Kbps.. It's a bloomin joke.
  • leonardo
    leonardo Posts: 72 Forumite
    Options
    nettles wrote: »
    Thanks David. Signed up successfully. Even downloaded the app and changed the installation date so there will only be a couple of days of having sky and virgin ☺

App??? For setup date - where please?
  • couplands
    Options
    leonardo wrote: »
    Anybody here going for the sky £61 for one year deal?

What are your thoughts on this - because it seems to good to be true - approx £5pm for 12 months unlimited?

If there are issues with the line itself - are sky helpful in resolving them - or are there call out fees that apply?

My current BT line rental is up (my BB is BT Infinity too). Is there any reason why I cant use the Sky deal to get the cheap line rental, even if I don't use their broadband service, and continue with my BT Infinity service - which I really like...?

cheers

simon
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family