Still shopping at Amazon?

Options

Comments

• neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I see a pattern emerging, unfortunately not the way the OP was probably hoping for ;)
  • JReacher1
    JReacher1 Posts: 4,652 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Amazon is great. I returned something yesterday, dropped it off at the post office and twenty minutes later they sent me an email confirming they had refunded me.

Fantastic company
  • seashore22
    seashore22 Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 12 June 2018 at 1:06PM
    Options
    I would like to add myself to the list of happy Amazon customers.

I order from them several times a month using Amazon prime and have only had to return 2 things in many years of using Amazon. One was when they sent the wrong DVD and once had a fairly cheap piece of tech that didn't work well. The returns and refund process was incredibly easy and quick. No issues at all.

I've never had something arrive late and never had a used item sent to me.

I also use Amazon Prime for my TV viewing and the Amazon fire stick was a life saver on our recent holiday when the wifi signal was considerably better than the tv signal.

I have a kindle and love the ease of downloading a book whenever I feel the urge.

In short, Amazon is a major part of my everyday life and that's down to them providing an excellent service which makes things so much easier.

I would be willing to pay more to make sure the delivery drivers are paid a decent wage and have better conditions, but I'm not sure how we can tell which delivery drivers are treated well and which ones aren't. Any suggestions for alternatives op?

Edit - of course people who abuse the returns system should be banned. I have no problems with that at all.
  • seashore22
    Options
    OP, I've just noticed that you had a thread going about this 2 years ago.

If you don't miss or need Amazon, as you said in your post, then why give Amazon any more head space. Shop elsewhere and ignore them. I don't suppose Amazon will care much.
  • soul1
    soul1 Posts: 108 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, thanks for all your replies so far. Personally I don't really shop at Amazon anymore unless I really can't find what I'm looking for anywhere else. Only as a last resort will I purchase from Amazon. The replies so far however seem to be very one sided and it would be great to hear from people who have either been warned or banned, or have a different viewpoint. Everyone is entitled to shop where they want :)
  • NCC-1707
    NCC-1707 Posts: 348 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    soul1 wrote: »
    Hi, thanks for all your replies so far. Personally I don't really shop at Amazon anymore unless I really can't find what I'm looking for anywhere else. Only as a last resort will I purchase from Amazon. The replies so far however seem to be very one sided and it would be great to hear from people who have either been warned or banned, or have a different viewpoint. Everyone is entitled to shop where they want :)

So you still shop at Amazon?
  • seashore22
    Options

Of course they aren't. Bricks and mortar shops, bars and restaurants can ban you if they see fit, particularly if they think that you are doing something dodgy. The same goes for online shops.

I don't think you are going to get many banned ex Amazon customers sharing their stories. I suspect that most probably were abusing the system and got banned as a result. Quite right too.

Once again, why do you care? You said in 2014 and 2016 and now that you don't want to shop there, so don't.
  • parkrunner
    parkrunner Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options

That's because the vast majority have no problem with Amazon. They are in general cheaper than elsewhwere, they accept returns without any problem, they deliver very quickly even without prime, all my goods have been unused. As for treating their employees as robots, I watched the fly on the wall documentary and to me it looked like some workers don't like the idea of actually doing a hard days work.
    It's nothing , not nothink.
  • soul1
    soul1 Posts: 108 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, no I don't shop with Amazon personally unless on the very rare occasion I can only find the item at Amazon and not anywhere else. Just to add though it is true that Amazon have got very strict with their US customers with regards to banning for returns without any warning and it's just a matter of time before that policy comes here.
  • parkrunner
    parkrunner Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone a few years back I posted a thread on here with regards to Amazon banning customers for life with regards to returns after they were on Watchdog. Since then I personally have not shopped at Amazon. I don't need Amazon in my life and don't miss using Amazon at all.
    Hi, thanks for all your replies so far. Personally I don't really shop at Amazon anymore unless I really can't find what I'm looking for anywhere else. Only as a last resort will I purchase from Amazon.

Make up your mind.
    It's nothing , not nothink.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family