We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

EXPIRED: Gatehouse Bank/Raisin UK offering 2% AER on 12 month fixed term accounts plus £50 bonus

Options

Comments

• Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    xylophone wrote: »
    I did the same as you and transferred £1000 yesterday. I then sent off the "claim bonus" e-mail and received this acknowledgement almost immediately.

Thank you for your email, we have received your message and a support ticket with the "Launch Bonus" has been sent to our customer services team.

We reply to all tickets as soon as possible, within 24 to 48 hours. If we expect your ticket will take additional time, we will update you by sending you an email.

Ticket tracking ID.........

You will receive an email notification when our staff replies to your ticket.

Sincerely,

Raisin customer service team
    http://www.raisin.co.uk/

Today I received another e-mail

Dear....

We confirm the receipt of £1,000.00 which has been deposited into your Account.

So far, so good.....

I think you need to wait until your chosen fixed term savings account has been funded before you send the email requesting the £50 bonus.

"To receive your bonus, you just need to send an email from the email address you registered with, containing the account holder’s name(s) with "Launch bonus" as the subject to bonus@raisin.co.uk,
    within 30 days of you funding your first fixed term deposit "
  • No_Name
    No_Name Posts: 137 Forumite
    Options
    The one thing I'm not in agreement with is the fact Raisin confirms on email the amount you're investing.

By the sound of it, most people are investing £1000.

If someone was to invest say 50k+, that will effectively let those snooping emails know you have that!
  • JohnR1978
    JohnR1978 Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I have read through all 6 pages of this thread and cannot see anywhere how long you have to leave the £1000 in the account to get the bonus?

Are you able to withdraw the initial £1000 when the £50 bonus comes through, or indeed at anytime after opening the account and sending the necessary emails?

Thanks

John.
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    JohnR1978 wrote: »
    I have read through all 6 pages of this thread and cannot see anywhere how long you have to leave the £1000 in the account to get the bonus?
    Are you able to withdraw the initial £1000 when the £50 bonus comes through, or indeed at anytime after opening the account and sending the necessary emails?
    Thanks
    John.

No need to read all six pages. The title of the thread might help you?

Gatehouse Bank/Raisin UK offering 2% AER on 12 month fixed term accounts plus £50 bonus

These are 1 year fixed term accounts.
  • TuppenceHapenny
    Options
    pearl123 wrote: »
    It all sounds too good to be true.
    Turns out it IS too good to be true for some of us - they don't want me as a customer because my phone is confined to my house and doesn't follow me everywhere I go.
    Do they really need to contact customers anywhere, any time or is there some other reason why they don't want those without a mobile phone?
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Turns out it IS too good to be true for some of us - they don't want me as a customer because my phone is confined to my house and doesn't follow me everywhere I go.
    Do they really need to contact customers anywhere, any time or is there some other reason why they don't want those without a mobile phone?

Not sure what you're saying is the problem. They ask for a mobile number and you don't have one? Have you tried entering your landline instead?

(btw they've never, iirc, contacted me by phone at all, mobile or landline, so haven't used any number they have for me)
  • DennisTenus
    DennisTenus Posts: 483 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Was the £50 bonus paid into your nominated bank account rather than added to the account with your deposit?
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Was the £50 bonus paid into your nominated bank account rather than added to the account with your deposit?

Yes into nominated account.

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• djpix99
    djpix99 Posts: 53 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yes into your nominated bank account.
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,656 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I guess they want to reserve the right to use SMS authentication at some stage - perhaps when getting your money back out. You can pick up a burner phone for about £15 including £10 of credit. Or if you have a trusted family member or friend with a mobile, perhaps they would oblige.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport