Crazy Cat Lady Chapter 3 - A New Beginning

Options

Comments

• SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Well done CCL. Hope the pizza was enjoyable. Very well deserved. And I hope you had ice cream too, with alllll the toppings.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Congratulations on the results for the students, you and the school.
    Are you involved in any of the appeals process remarking or anything like that?

We actually do quite a bit of remarking of papers before the results even go back to the school - I've done over 100 to double check marking. But yes, I have a contract for remarks - there are less of them these days as the papers with their marks are available electronically to schools to look at before they have the cost of sending them to be marked again. I am incredibly proud of all of my students and am thrilled to bits that so many of them are able to go on and do the things that they want to do in the future - that's what makes the job worthwhile.

I started back on my meds last night as promised but it's too soon to be making much of a difference. I was up for the day at ten past four and have spent time dozing over on the sofa since then. I can't believe how stressed I must be during the holidays to be sleeping this badly. Anyway - I have been reasonably productive and crossed a couple more frogs off the list. Advertised my old sofa on FB and hopefully someone is coming to collect it tonight and I have also contacted a couple of house clearance companies for quotes on behalf of my friend (long story, but she is now suicidal about it).

And I got a phone call from my solicitor last night as well about the court date. I was actually quite tearful on the phone - more than I would have liked. However, he's managed to put my mind at rest a little bit. He says that even if Dog comes up with nothing, if we know that ex is claiming benefits then he must have an address. If the court are that bothered then they can issue an order to the dwp that they give his address so that we can serve the papers. So hopefully there will be some progress. I think it's the cost that's scaring me rather more than the time it's taking. I don't know how much longer my sanity or bank account will stand this though
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,627 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad that you are back on the meds meantime :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Ugh :cry:
    Another night of less than 5 hours sleep. I'm tired of being tired now. Think that I will have to make the effort to get up and go out today - try and tire myself out a little bit in the hope of a decent snooze tonight.
    No idea what today will bring but I will check in properly later...
  • beanielou
    Options
    Enjoy your day:)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Quite right, get your sleep pattern sorted before term starts back.

Take the kids out and go blackberrying for an hour. It is supposed to be Scorchio! Then make some jam to be eaten as a ritual on bonfire night, or Xmas eve or the shortest day or something, to remind you of the summer past.

Dog shows (ho! ho!) that you are trying to engage with the process. It is DH who is not. He is not the victim in this, he is taking hard earned money out of his kids' lives. This is not on you. Keep a record of everything, every court date not attended, every solicitor bill for court, every Dog bill, and ask for it to be taken off whatever (if indeed anything) the court decides to 'award' the idiot.

Blimey.

Could you imagine the situation if you had been unable to work to keep him, or you were still with him when the police came to call. You are not in the best position at the minute, but you are in a much better place than when you were with him, and will be in a much better place when all this is over. Which will be soon. It cannot go on much longer.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    f0xh0les wrote: »
    Quite right, get your sleep pattern sorted before term starts back.

Take the kids out and go blackberrying for an hour. It is supposed to be Scorchio! Then make some jam to be eaten as a ritual on bonfire night, or Xmas eve or the shortest day or something, to remind you of the summer past.

Dog shows (ho! ho!) that you are trying to engage with the process. It is DH who is not. He is not the victim in this, he is taking hard earned money out of his kids' lives. This is not on you. Keep a record of everything, every court date not attended, every solicitor bill for court, every Dog bill, and ask for it to be taken off whatever (if indeed anything) the court decides to 'award' the idiot.

Blimey.

Could you imagine the situation if you had been unable to work to keep him, or you were still with him when the police came to call. You are not in the best position at the minute, but you are in a much better place than when you were with him, and will be in a much better place when all this is over. Which will be soon. It cannot go on much longer.

This X a thousand!

Foxholes, thank God you write so well! XX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Morning
    Thanks f0xh0les for such reassurance and kind words. It's what I keep trying to tell myself but it's very hard sometimes to see that there must be an end in sight. You would think that common sense would prevail, but neither of the judges I've seen so far seem to agree. I suppose it is a very unusual situation as my solicitor keeps saying. I am keeping a record of every single expense so far and keep applying for costs, which the judge keeps adjourning. My solicitor has repeatedly said that I'm unlikely to see the money again but I would care less about that if I knew he would get nothing from the house and nothing from my pension. He really doesn't deserve it, but the law doesn't seem to be about fair - which is strange. It seems to be about a one-size-fits-all system that is very out of date.
    Anyway, onwards... I've finally managed a slightly better sleep than I have recently. Not brilliant but I will take any improvement. Managed to at least control my body temperature overnight with one of my crochet blankets rather than a duvet because it did get blimming hot. I am almost embarrassed to admit that I have absolutely no idea where any blackberries are growing locally so we didn't go fruit picking, but we did go out and get a few bits done, which were enough to tire me out after only 5 hours of sleep. Went to the school uniform shop - I had forgotten dd needs an apron for her catering course but it's a nightmare going there with only 1 week left of the hols. Also paid for her ingredients (£30 for the year then all provided by the school). I am ridiculously excited that she's doing a catering course this year, and am hoping for some real foody treats in the future :rotfl: Hopefully in the style of HSL and her dd :D As dd has decided she wants to be a paramedic and not a chef I should make the most of it...
    The FB collector of my old sofa arrived and took it away. Now I don't have to keep looking at it and remembering ex asleep on there for all hours of the day. The new one arrives on Wednesday and in the meantime we have a couple of garden chairs to make up the numbers (the cats love these for some reason). Another step forward in my life :D Little bit of exercise helping them get the sofa out, but I will admit that much of the day was about enjoying a bit of nicer weather and continuing to try and catch up on my crochet projects.
    Plans for today are a bit non existent as well. The weather is nice again, so while I would like to go out, I'm not up for seeing a lot of people (beach, park, picnic) so it might end up being another quiet one...
  • beanielou
    Options
    Have a good day:)

• Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    The sofa sounds a good step forward :). I often find public footpaths to be a good source of blackberries. Any old railways near you? Canalsides or river banks? There are quite a number of varieties of blackberries which accounts for why they can be picked from August through to October sometimes.

Have a good day :).
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business