We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Crazy Cat Lady Chapter 3 - A New Beginning

Options

Comments

• Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Great news on the sofa :)

We have blackberries in the garden cos our gardener is pants.

Hope you have a nice restful day XX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    The sofa sounds a good step forward :). I often find public footpaths to be a good source of blackberries. Any old railways near you? Canalsides or river banks? There are quite a number of varieties of blackberries which accounts for why they can be picked from August through to October sometimes.

Have a good day :).

I live near the coast, but also in between a couple of major rivers so if I can motivate myself to get out and about then I could go a hunting.
    No railways (they died a long time ago), or canals nearby. I wish I could do what you do HSL because you just get up and go out and do stuff with your kids. My kids are always close to murdering each other and don't see the value in just enjoying time outdoors (I think they get that from me a bit).
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,964 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    At least have a cup of tea in the garden. It is still outdoors.

You might suggest to dd, that if she wants to 'practise' then a scone recipe is a good one to start with, or jam tarts, or sponge buns. Something simple. Just to get a hang of the scales and techniques and all that. Then you might ask her to make something to contribute to the family meal once a week. It might end up just being no cook energy balls. Just something as an idea that you would like some help. While she has masses of time before school starts .. you never know it might carry on.

Bake off starts this week, I am all about the ritual, it helps me get through the week. I am actually suffering a bit because of the lack of routine, for the first time ever.
    The hostage situation continues......
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    I live near the coast, but also in between a couple of major rivers so if I can motivate myself to get out and about then I could go a hunting.
    No railways (they died a long time ago), or canals nearby. I wish I could do what you do HSL because you just get up and go out and do stuff with your kids. My kids are always close to murdering each other and don't see the value in just enjoying time outdoors (I think they get that from me a bit).

My lot are sometimes close to murdering each other but I think because there are so many of them, there is always someone else to go and team up with:rotfl:.

The dead railways might be useful. We have an old railway that shut in the 60s but parts of the old line and embankments are accessible in places from public footpaths and often a good source of blackberries.

Hope you have had a good Sunday :)
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Evening
    Didn't make the time or effort to look for blackberries, but we did get out and about for a couple of hours. We went to the coast late afternoon and spent a couple of hours by the beach just getting a bit of fresh air and relaxing. It was quite nice.
    Not much else to report - I did a couple of hours of crochet, a bit of reading and that's it.
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    That's great...nothing like some fresh air and looking out to sea :).
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,983 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I was at the seaside today too. As you say lovely get some fresh air :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Morning (just) :coffee:
    Good job I had no plans for today because I am beyond exhausted... It was so hot last night that I couldn't settle and it was well after midnight by the time I started dozing over. Then at about quarter to one there was a huge bang on the front door. Enough to make the house shake and wake us all up. DS was absolutely terrified, but I thought I could hear drunk people wandering up the street. So I came downstairs, all lights on and went outside to show him that there was nothing to be scared of. I swear he's not been the same since the night ex was out there throwing bricks at the house - but he was awake until almost 4am with me up with him trying to reassure him. Then we managed to doze over until about 8 when the cats woke me for breakfast. He didn't want to be on his own upstairs so came down and lay on the sofa and fell asleep while I fed the cats. I put the rubbish out, washed the dishes, and had a look out front. Found a massive footprint on my front door - which took some scrubbing to remove. Turns out I was one of the luckier ones because there are houses further up the street that have had their cars damaged and windows put out. I've filled in a form to report online to the police but I know nothing will come of it, and I am focussing my efforts on ds for the moment.
    It's utterly ridiculous really, how some silly drunken behaviour can have such a massive impact.
    So there's absolutely nothing to report, and nothing happening here except I'm already back to being beyond tired and not being able to remember what it feels like to be alert and raring to go.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,983 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    How scary :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,964 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    It is good to report it, as it shows which direction they came from. Good job you have a sturdy front door, I am sure a simple top yale lock would have made the door come straight off.

Tw*ts (* insert vowel of choice)
    Poor ds, have you checked his phone for signs of x lately? It is a bit of an extreme reaction, how did dd take it?
    Hugs, you just don't need this right now.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport