Crazy Cat Lady Chapter 3 - A New Beginning

Options

Comments

• crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Hello :wave: :coffee:
    My mental health is shot to s**t. It's almost exclusively down to my ex husband and his regular reappearance on Faceb00k. I have tried messaging him, as has dd, as have a couple of his friends and he's just ignoring everything and sharing depressing yootube clips and songs pointing out his own poor mental health (insert eyeroll smilie here) I wish I didn't let it get to me so much, but it does - not that we're apart, but that he continues his life in his own little bubble and completely ignores real life and the effect he has on other people (particularly his kids). I am definitely going to discuss this with my solicitor before we go back to court again.
    Anyway. Apart from that life threw another little curveball my way yesterday morning, in the form of my ginger ninja kitty deciding he might have a UTI - cue emergency vet appointment, and my being eternally thankful for a brilliant vet and PetPlan. The bill would have been over £250 just for the one visit yesterday and he has to go back next week for tests etc. He is off his face on kitty heroin at the moment bless him and all lovey dovey.
    Plus ds still has tonsillitis - although he is getting better. Sleeping lots, drinking lots and being a general grump.
    So I wasn't in a great place yesterday for much of the day. I'm thinking it might be time to get back onto my medication - just to take the edge off the fact that I cannot seem to catch a break with my luck, with my ex or even get a good night's sleep.
    Had my appointment this morning to get my brows and lashes done at a salon, for the first time ever. It was a little nerve wracking but I really like the result of it - might take a bit of getting used to having darker and thicker eyebrows than I've had for the past 20 years. DD had her nails done and is in love with them, and using them as an excuse to do nothing else at all... I think I'll definitely keep going back because the girl was lovely as well - made me feel really comfortable.
    Went out for a couple of hours this afternoon while my cleaner came round. It was meant to be window shopping, but I have definitely bought a new sofa. :eek: It's a stupid excuse, but I have wanted rid of the sofa that was ex's since the day he went. Whenever I look at it I imagine him lying on it doing nothing and I want to set it on fire. So I was keeping a look out, and then today I saw something in a shop, reduced to less than £200 from £750 and it's nothing that I would normally go for at all - not my colour, or material or anything but I just fell in love with it. So I bought it - I still have a bit of £ in my exam account so why not? Or I could spend it on another Dog the effing Bounty Hunter. It will be here next week and I'm quite excited. Plus it's a sofa bed should I ever decide that I am happy to have overnight guests (except that's about as likely as ex deciding to share his new address with me). And it's done now and bought so I'm going to enjoy it when it gets here.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,427 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy new sofa :D
    Boo boo boo to you ex.
    Glad that you enjoyed your pampering.
    Hope your cat is on the mend really soon.
    Take care :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Good on the new sofa

Can you set fire to the old one at your party :)

Very cathartic I feel.........:D
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    Certainly make for a memorable party, having a sofa burning...perhaps toast some marshmallows so as not to waste the heat :D

I don't know how Facebook works but is it possible to screenshot the ex's posts to prove to your solicitor that he is able to post things, so presumably has internet access. Can any documents be sent via email with a receipt option that lets you know when he has opened it?

A new sofa sounds a good idea. I will be glad when I can afford to do likewise:cool:. Hope that your DS and the ginger kitty are on the mend.
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • beanielou
    Options
    Good idea on the FB posts honeysuckle. :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Ccl - I think the sofa is an excellent idea
    And, it's not adding to your debt and it's something you will get a lot of use out of and will spark joy for your family.

When you send him a message via fb messenger, is he reading them?
    You can send documents over messenger, so, would sending the court documents (I think you need to do it on a pc rather than a mobile device and then screenshotting the screen to show he's seen the message be enough for the court?

Several options there (email too) as much as it is a pain in the whatsit and upsetting, I have a feeling that this is progress, he's resurfaced, you've got evidence that he's seen the court papers, you have tried your best now, Mr Judge, please just make a ruling!!!!

So pleased you've had some pampering, enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Wish.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Awake at 5am (ugh) so feeling like complete poo now.
    I have already emailed my solicitor to ask about delivering documents via FB Messenger (how very modern). I know that ex is reading the messages but he is just completely ignoring everything as per...
    Who knows what is going to happen today? Probably I am going to doze on and off on the sofa for much of the day. I am very anxious waiting for results coming tomorrow (think I am almost as bad as the kids - it is a reflection on me as a teacher) so today just needs to pass as quickly and quietly as possible.
  • beanielou
    Options
    No wonder that you can’t sleep.
    Hope your day goes well.

• f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,884 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    You know it feels like carp, but actually it is progress. DH has phone that needs to be paid for, so he has money, so he is in the system, so he can be traced. Sadly the court should be tracing him, not you, but there you go.
    Before the bonfire of the sofa, offer it on freecycle or local facebook. recycling site. There may be some poor soul who is starting from nothing who would be grateful for a third hand degenerate's sofa, until they can afford better. It may as well do some good, for all the good it didn't do you. Or you could offer it back to DH if he can collect, then have Dog waiting to pounce.
    Sad your two boys are unwell. Hope they bounce back soon. I would recommend plenty of ice cream and ice poles for DS1 and kitty cuddles for DC(insert number here) while he is stoned off his nut and less pointy than usual.

And jolly good luck for tomorrow!!!!!!! I know I am worse than DS1 with the nerves. Have you got a treat planned for yourself if you hit your target? What even is your target? What would you be happy with? Set yourself a bar, and see if you leap over it ( like in high jump, or a pole vault).
    Hugs.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    f0xh0les wrote: »
    A Have you got a treat planned for yourself if you hit your target? What even is your target? What would you be happy with?
    Hugs.

There's a huge difference between what I would be happy with and what I would be really happy with.
    I will be happy if all of my chemists get a 4 or better, more happy if they all get a 5 or better and ecstatic if they do better than biology. I got 1 grade 9 in chemistry last year so would like to improve on that.
    In terms of my combined classes I would be very happy if more than half of the kids pass with a 4 and very happy if I get a quarter with a 5.
    As a department I would love over 55% grade 4 or better...
    We shall see - some goals more realistic than others.
    I can't seem to access anything online at the moment - don't know if it's because I'm not important enough or if they aren't there yet. I've messaged the Head and asked if he might share what he knows with me once he's finished processing it himself.
    As for treats - I'd better not. I've just bought a sofa. :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport