NST May 2018: May the odds be ever in your favour!

Comments

• laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 769 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    lavander Bee Growing a baby is hard work, getting through it is a fairly big task in itself.

I have managed my first NSD- I did have hospital parking & I put £1 into a charity tin, as part of my £5 per month. but nothing else.

more gratitude today - it has been a good day- that my son was discharged from the care of his Doctor this morning, they have been keeping an eye on his kidneys for nearly 2 years. I am so chuffed he is done with it all, for the amazing lady who gave my son a sticker at the hospital when he had had enough after a morning of car journeys and sitting around. It made getting him back int he car a much easier task- Isn't it amazing how small acts of kindness can really help your day?:D
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,873 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 1 May 2018 at 6:36PM
    :eek::eek::eek:

(Could be he have a surprise when he comes home tonight? )

Rather cheeky plasterer too, has he at least given valid reasons?

Happy Anniversary :)

Sadly not. These things mean nothing to him. Very MSE though:(
    Flowers were not an option as we are both suffering with hayfever.

Plasterer had to look after his son this afternoon. As excuses go it is a good one. If he does not turn up tomorow I will not be happy.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Evening all :)
    Claiming my first NSD today :) We went out, but took food from home, made our own coffee and went to a fairly local attraction we have membership of, so no parking costs / entry fee. Had a nice, though chilly, walk with the dog, and enjoyed the spring flowers :)

Came home, and filled a quiche shell I baked yesterday with odds and ends including leftover ends of cheese, the last 2 cherry tomatoes and the last few frozen mushrooms in the bag (defrosted first). This was fine for dinner, and there will be enough for another day, as it was quite a large quiche and there are only 2 of us to feed tonight :)

Ran out of paper table napkins (don't use many but useful when grandchildren are messy :)). Found some old cloth napkins in a drawer, and going forward, we will be using these instead. Less waste, and I won't have to add napkins to my shopping list :T
    Grateful today for spring flowers, our ancient camper van, and the dog, who makes me laugh :rotfl:
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,276 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Started the challenge as I mean to go on - I had a job interview on promotion today and I got it :)

Although this has meant that my planned AFD and NSD has been abandoned in favour of buying a celebratory bottle of wine!
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,707 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Congratulations Sun Addict!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    f0xh0les - Happy Anniversary.
    Sun Addict - Congratulations.
    NSD: 1/19 NSD achieved today.
    Donation: Still to do.
    Motivation: To be more mindful regarding spending. This is going to be ongoing.
    Money: Most of the budget is done.
    Me time: Read my book today. Also started to reread Self-care project book. Will try and do other things this months.
    Move: Walked to school from bus stop. Also plenty of walking doing errands in school.
    Activation: This thread at the moment.
    Arm yourself: Will have to stand strong in my quest against consumerism and acquiring more.
    You. Grateful for:
    Able to book a dental check up during half term.
    Feeling ok today.
    Having a laugh at work.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,707 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Today I am grateful for a dry day, for my counsellor, for my kettlebell session (it's one with overhead squats and windmills - sooo tricky), for dd + friend loving my ginger biscuits, for dh having a successful day out, for a chat with a friend, for yummy food, for the interweb.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • bizzie
    bizzie Posts: 277 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    First check in for the month and NSD #1/19.
    Decided to push back the errands for today, that involve spending, to tomorrow when I will hit the shops purposely with a long list.
    Dinner was leftovers with a twist and then whilst the oven was on baked a banana loaf and flapjacks for the week ahead.
    Grateful for
    getting washing dried outside
    watching bees on the bluebells in my garden
    Groceries: Personal Spend: 0 NST NSD Goals for 2024:Self: Health: Wealth :
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Congratulations sunaddict, that is a well justified spend on a bottle of wine.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • x_raphael_xx
    x_raphael_xx Posts: 4,319 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    [FONT=&quot]Money[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]know your income and outgoings. First of the month, and most of my DD's have come out. Spreadsheets updated.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Me[/FONT][FONT=&quot] time:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Look after yourself. Revive an old hobby. Exam practice. Got stuck in work so too late by the time I got home today. I am shattered so will be off to bed soon.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Move[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: I was shattered after work, but dragged myself out into the drizzle to walk the pup. Missed out on a 4 mile training run as I was home too late.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Activation[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: What spurs you on to keep on the path? Today I am listening to a podcast by Richard Nicholls, a therapist who has the most uplifting and happy voice. His podcasts always cheer me up.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Arm[/FONT][FONT=&quot] yourself [/FONT][FONT=&quot]: Whether you opt to work more or to spend less in order to achieve your goal, stand firm against the naysayers. No spends today, and a couple of extra hours at work.
    Planned spends this month - £20 tattoo deposit.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]You[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. Appreciate what you have. Be grateful. Today I am grateful to leave the office. Been a long stressful shift.
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    19 NSD: 1/19 NSD Achieved. Good start to the month.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Minimalism: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Day 1, 1 item. - Thrown away a pair of tights I discovered a hole in this morning.

[/FONT]
    [STRIKE]Foodbank/ charity donation of £5.[/STRIKE] Big bag of dog food donated to the usual C&D home.
    [STRIKE]Pay to your debt/savings FIRST and live off the rest.[/STRIKE] Mums DD came out this morning £1800 left.
    Plan the month: every single day: what you are doing, what you are eating, especially with the Bank Holidays and half term, birthdays, anniversaries. Birthdays some out of the birthday pot. I have just a £10 to put in a card, and a couple of cards to buy. Other than that, it should be an uneventful month.
    Check in every day. Here I am.[/FONT]
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!

EF Challenger #3 £138.36 / £5000
    MFW 2024 #100 £00.00 / £10,000

MFiT #40 Jan 2025 Target - £99,999.00
    Mortgage at 30/09/22 £113,694.11 | Mortgage at 24/01/23 £110,707.87
    Mortgage at 21/04/23 £107,701.01 | Mortgage at 20/07/23 £106,979.65
    Mortgage at 04/10/23 £106,253.77 | Mortgage at 10/01/24 £105,324.57
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income