TSB credit card monthly direct debit not taken today

Options

Comments

• veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just in case others are experiencing the same as some of us and don't look at the Banking section of this forum.

Presumably linked to the movements of TSB Banking platform this last week.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=74214589&postcount=463

A month on from when I raised this I've had a successful DD taken today.
  • SuiDreams
    SuiDreams Posts: 2,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Logged online this morning, and May statement has appeared the view option doesn't work but if I down load it and save it I can review it. Still haven't seen an April statement, and all previous statements are still missing.
  • MDMD
    MDMD Posts: 1,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Robisere wrote: »
    Yes: I have been lucky and not missed any account or CCard statements. I am also able to make payments to my CCard and was able to restart my Monthly Saver. I think there must be wild variations across the country.

If there are wild variations that’s even more worrying as if the computer is not doing something in the same way each and every time (even if that’s the wrong way) then they have bigger problems.

This reminds me of the tax credit fiasco 10 years or so ago

https://www.accountingweb.co.uk/tech/tech-pulse/eds-settles-tax-credits-claim-for-ps71m
  • P-Nuts
    P-Nuts Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    I have managed to download my May credit card statement as a PDF. Still no access to earlier statements. Unfortunately I didn't get round to downloading Feb/Mar/Apr before everything broke. Would be nice to check that there isn't anything dodgy on them while I still have a vague chance to remember.
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Have arrived home from work to a letter today. Firstly apologising for the DD not being taken and giving me notice of when it will be taken. Perhaps things are starting to move in the right direction.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • Sea_Shell
    Sea_Shell Posts: 9,389 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My DD is due out tomorrow...fingers crossed. Actually managed to download PDF statement too.
    How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.31% of current retirement "pot" (as at end March 2024)
  • trix-a-belle
    trix-a-belle Posts: 1,481 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Sea Shell did your dd go ok?

I finally got a letter yesterday telling me my dd hadn't been taken & confirming when it will be, no compensation offered unlike others who received a letter previously. I had put a complaint in last week, which has yet to be acknowledged, as i've given up trying to get through on the phone (2+ hours wasted so far) & as i'd not had any communication from them in all that time addressing outstanding known issues.

I wait to see if the dd goes correctly this time (due 11th) & if the may transactions cashback gets paid this week (though i'm still missing aprils payment which was due in may)
    - Mortgage: 1st one down, 2nd also busted
    - Student Loan gone
    Swagbucks, Mingle, GiffGaff, Prolific, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
  • pochisoldi
    pochisoldi Posts: 261 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Went away for 10 days - not sign of any statement before I left so I did a BP for the full balance.
    Come home on Monday afternoon to a letter saying that my DD for the full amount will go out on Monday 4th, and if you don't want this to happen you can cancel the DD at the bank.

So I had less than 10 days notice, and ended up paying the card twice over, putting the card well into credit.

I've invoked the DD guarantee on my non-TSB current account to claw the money back, and a third complaint has been submitted to TSB.

And as an aside, (1) the CSV/QIF downloads for the credit cards now have all the dates off by one (showing all transactions dated a day early), and (2) I have two transactions called "AN ADJUSTMENT TO YOUR ACCOUNT" - one's a debit, the other's a credit. It's nice to see IBM and pals experimenting on a live system...

PochiSoldi
  • Mr_Goodkat
    Mr_Goodkat Posts: 432 Forumite
    Options
    Direct Debit taken today from my Club Lloyds account for the total of the previous two statement balances as advised on my last paper statement and in a letter so all back to normal for now.

No compensation offered in the letter as according to above some have had £25 but I got to earn 2% on the direct debit not taken last month so no really problems caused for me and no need to jump on the compensation bandwagon!

Shame they haven't extended the 1% cashback beoyond this month as a gesture of goodwill similar to moving the plus account interest from 3% to 5% so the card will not be used after this month end
  • pochisoldi
    pochisoldi Posts: 261 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Mr_Goodkat wrote: »
    Shame they haven't extended the 1% cashback beoyond this month as a gesture of goodwill similar to moving the plus account interest from 3% to 5% so the card will not be used after this month end

I don't think they'll give credit card account holders or mortgage account holders anything, on the basis that credit card accounts are "here today, gone tomorrow" and the absence of online mortgage accounts is hardly a game changer.

My TSB current accounts will stay open as savings accounts provided they pay a decent rate of interest, but I won't be opening another account unless it has a significant advantage over any other providers offer.

Sabadell and Pester have destroyed the TSB brand

PochiSoldi
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family