VICTORIAPLUMB.COM - any experience with this company?

Options

Comments

• macca52
    Options
    having ordered a new bathroom last week from victoria plumb, and subsequently seeing some of the comments on this forum, i asked around a couple of friends. eventually having been reassured from a plumber friend that had used them before i placed my order. My order arrived this morning as promised less than a week later, and i am happy to report that everything is in excellent condition, no damage and from what i can tell, is of good quality for the price.
  • Foxton
    Options
    This company could not care less once they have received your money.custmer care is nil.they do not phone back. Customer complaints are ignored. I am still waiting for a delivery to France 6 weeks after the order was placed. Instructions for delivery were ignored. A huge price was paid for haulage. The goods have been passed from pillar to post. I am still trying to find out where they are . My advise is to avoid this company
  • keystone
    keystone Posts: 10,916 Forumite
    Options
    Surely you would have been far better off ordering locally to where you are rather than a company with a slightly dodgy reputation that's in another country from you?

Cheers
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits. - Einstein
  • giggling
    Options
    has anyone had any experience in buying from this company and what is the quality like - many thanx?
    The toilet I was delivered leaked. I was told I'd have to wait for a day and a half for a replacement. I offered to arrange a currier to collect and deliver but was refused by the customer sales girl, leaving me with no toilet. Later the same week the plumber unpacked the bath to find it was scratched. They would not replace it until I sent a photo of the bath. As my husband had the camera and was working away for 2 weeks I could not do this.I told them I could send a photo from my mobile to their mobile but was told this was no good it had to be via email. I asked if this could be overlooked as I had had so many problems from one delivery but was told no it was procedure, and it happened ALL THE TIME. I asked how many times and the girl said HUNDREDS. I asked to speak to someone who had the authority to override this procedure and she said no-one could. TERRIBLE SERVICE AND QUALITY.
  • giggling
    Options
    The toilet I was delivered leaked. I was told I'd have to wait for a day and a half for a replacement. I offered to arrange a currier to collect and deliver but was refused by the customer sales girl, leaving me with no toilet. Later the same week the plumber unpacked the bath to find it was scratched. They would not replace it until I sent a photo of the bath. As my husband had the camera and was working away for 2 weeks I could not do this.I told them I could send a photo from my mobile to their mobile but was told this was no good it had to be via email. I asked if this could be overlooked as I had had so many problems from one delivery but was told no it was procedure, and it happened ALL THE TIME. I asked how many times and the girl said HUNDREDS. I asked to speak to someone who had the authority to override this procedure and she said no-one could. TERRIBLE SERVICE AND QUALITY.
  • keystone
    keystone Posts: 10,916 Forumite
    Options
    Whilst I am in sympathy with you it doesn't need two posts! :D

Cheers
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits. - Einstein
  • giggling
    Options
  • giggling
    Options
    Further to my previous post I've just unpacked the pedestal for the sink and found that to have a black mark under the varnisn.
    So that makes a broken toilet (one and a half days to replace) a chipped bath (still not replaced) and a damaged pedestal. One would think they are selling seconds.
  • jayyar66
    jayyar66 Posts: 168 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Giggling, Just out of curiosity, where was your toiler leaking from? I tried fitting a toilet that a customer had got from VP. Initially thought all was fine, but then noticed that it was leaking from the most unlikely place!
  • giggling
    Options
    jayyar66 wrote: »
    Hi Giggling, Just out of curiosity, where was your toiler leaking from? I tried fitting a toilet that a customer had got from VP. Initially thought all was fine, but then noticed that it was leaking from the most unlikely place!

Hi, It was leaking from inside the toilet, very odd and not immediately visible from the external sufaces, it leaked when flushed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure