VICTORIAPLUMB.COM - any experience with this company?

Options

Comments

• CharlieBilly
    CharlieBilly Posts: 2,319 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yes your right it owns MFI even web site format looks similar

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/be55ba4c-1a92-11e1-ae4e-00144feabdc0.html#axzz35rhBvKA9
    Walker Capital, the private company which owns online bathroom retailer Victoria Plumb, paid MFI’s administrators £250,000 to acquire the rights to the brand in August 2009, and has been working on relaunching its website for two years....

To bump up an old thread...I've just figured out that Victoria Plumb and MFI are the same. They stock the same product that I am buying: 'Matrix Square Twin Valve with Diverter' and this is not available anywhere else online. I know Victoria Plumb have their own line of products exclusive to them so for MFI to have them is odd, plus their delivery charges are exactly the same so I highly suspect that they are one and the same.

There is another company called Victoria Plumbing (I imagine they have similar names to try and poach customers from each other) and that company has had some bad reviews but also some good ones. I took a chance and ordered a toilet and I had 0 issues. They are also reasonably cheap too.

To sum up, I would say anything related to Victoria Plumb is also related to MFI.
  • vansboy
    vansboy Posts: 6,483 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Friend bought her shower and bits n pieces from Victoria Plumb and is very pleased, with quality and price.

I've looked at the site for my new place, which is some time off, but constantly get pop ups on Google as well as e mails for 'offer's, I will have to look very carefully before I place an order, to see if the prices actually are 'special'.

VB
  • munchkin1234_2
    Options
    Do not use Victoria Plumb- I have just ordered units and it came three days late with me doing all the chasing, check out reviews on Trusted Pilot- their preferred delivery company is called DX Freight. I have placed my reviews on the website so you can see what I have been through as well as many others.

Be aware of this company!
  • shettie
    Options
    I ordered my bathroom suite from VP. Initially pleased with the ease of ordering and quick delivery. Upon installing the suite, my plumbers found the shower fittings did not fit the standard uk pipes, the cistern did not work and the pop up waste leaked water. As they were in the middle of the refit and we had No other means of toilet/shower, they had to rush out and get replacements at extra cost. I emailed VP and told them about it, nice email, not rude and received a response that said, sorry about that but nothing we can do as you didn't tell us about at the moment it happened!! Er, well as I said, we were in the middle of a refit and needed replacements there and then. You're based in Hull, what was you going to do, fly them down to me!!! Then get a phone call from a very condescending young man, who told me point blank, nothing could be done. He'd even spoken to management and nothing was offered, not even a token gesture. I hung up on him, he spoke over me continually, I was livid!! Do yourself a favour, don't buy from them. If its too good to be true, then it usually is!! Poor customer service in this day and age is unacceptable and I hope it comes back to haunt them!!!!!!
  • Anna2684
    Options
    Despite their good marketing and tv advertising, I have to say that I am quite disappointment with the service and quality of the products.
    First of all, the first arranged delivery did not arrive to my house, which caused lots of inconvenience to me, my husband and our plumbers.
    Our issue with our first delivery was handled very poorly by their staff. Nobody informed us in advance there would be a problem with the courier and on top of that on the day of the delivery, none of the staff could advise us when we would receive the furniture after our money taken from the bank account. I experienced a huge lack of professionalism and interest in the customers by the company.
    After having been waiting for a week, finally the bathroom furniture arrived. After their installation, we noticed that the long cabinet inside must have had a chip, which whole had been filled in by the wooden filler. On top of that the drawers of the sink cabinet cannot be regulated and therefore you have irregular gabs between the drawers.
    I believe their products are over-rated and over-advertised and the quality of your furniture is not near to the ones they are promising
  • GingerBob_3
    GingerBob_3 Posts: 3,659 Forumite
    Options
    This company's tv adverts really make me laugh. "Go to a show-room [not ours 'cos we don't have any], decide what you want, then buy from us". Bloody parasites. I hope they go out of business.
  • McBozo
    McBozo Posts: 64 Forumite
    Options
    I'd avoid, waiting over 2 months for a refund.
  • RGN007
    RGN007 Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I paid £990 ish for bathroom kit and there were two disappointing features.

1. The soft close toilet lid slithers all over the place no matter how much it is tightened up. I complained and they sent me an exact replacement with the same fault. I complained again, and they sent a further identical seat. They did offer to reimburse me if I sent a receipt for one purchased elsewhere but I am not sure the fittings are standard.

2. I was disappointed that an expensive waterfall tap system on the bath had a cruddy plastic shower attachment that predictably recently got caught by someone's foot and snapped. The item is 6 months out of warranty. My call has not so far been returned as promised from 3 days ago as to some form of compromise.

Overall I very pleased with the quality of toilet, vanity sink and corner bath but I think I'll go for a standard known make next time...if ever..
  • Beeski
    Options
    ......would I use this company. Abysmal from start to finish. Poor quality and unbelievably bad service - you get what you pay for - it looks to good to be true - it is!!!!! 0/10 from me!
  • Beeski
    Options
    .Never again.....would I use this company. Abysmal from start to finish. Poor quality and unbelievably bad service - you get what you pay for - it looks to good to be true - it is!!!!! 0/10 from me!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure