VICTORIAPLUMB.COM - any experience with this company?

Options

Comments

• manda1205
    manda1205 Posts: 2,366 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just to go against the grain of this thread, as most seem to be new people with one or two posts, we had a lovely service from Victoria Plumb. We ordered a bath and a new thermostatic bath mixer. They were delivered when they said, everything was there and me and my husband managed to fit them with no problems. Obviously we've not had them long but the bath is made a damn sight better than the old Wickes one we had in. It's a lot thicker in it's make up and feels a lot sturdier. The tap is working a treat and is guaranteed for 10 years, so that sounds promising. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.
    My MIL has also used them and she had a problem with a crack in the toilet, they sent a new one out the next morning (and even offered to try and get it out the same day). So they're not always bad.
  • casper_g
    casper_g Posts: 1,110 Forumite
    Options
    We bought from VP in the sale earlier in the year. We finally got round to installing the stuff when the bathroom was refurbished more than four months later. At this point we finally opened the box containing the vanity unit. One of the doors had a split in the plastic coating on the panel (I know, we should have inspected it right away after delivery!).

I called VP expecting them to say we should have told them sooner, and how did they know we hadn't damaged it. In fact, they apologised and sent a replacement by next-day delivery. I couldn't have been more satisfied with the price, quality or service.
  • kevin7
    Options
    Be very careful with this company. Their products appear good value for money but with some items the quality is very poor. Their customer service is also very poor.
  • danbutler89
    Options
    Hi there,

Mixed reviews here but just to add my experience - failed to deliver some of the items, denied any knowledge, offered no remedy, everything I offered to resolve the situation they said wasn't possible. And I would add - because they're online only, if you are in a situation like mine, you're then stuck, you can go to a store to sort things out.

Quality will be much of a muchness with these things, they're all made in the same factories anyway just with different labels on. Competition is stiff and as a result you do generally get what you pay for, particularly at the budget end.

Customer service on the other hand, is definitely better some places than others. Note how many of the good reviews are a) before items have arrived and b) when there were no difficulties at all - very very few reviews say this company did a decent job of resolving an issue when it had arisen.

I'd strongly recommend giving these guys a miss - although some people's experience isn't so bad, I'd wish that I hadn't taken the risk. There are plenty of other better companies out there.

Cheers,

Dan
  • girlsmum
    girlsmum Posts: 470 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I ordered a suite and tiles from them last year, delivery was prompt and it looks lovely, i called as i had an issue with a wall hung cupboard, it niggled me that one of the drawers did not sit perfectly flush it was not a major issue, plus my loo seat would not stay put. I called them and asked for new drawer runners and fittings for the toilet seat. They said they would sort it for me. next thing i know is i had a call about delivery and they sent a totally new cupboard and a new toilet seat.
    The only downside was i returned 2 boxes of tiles which they picked up promptly but it took 3 months and 4 emails to get the refund sorted.
    hope this helps you
  • Fierce1979
    Fierce1979 Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Used them to kit out entire bathroom 3 years ago

2 weeks ago, the hinges supporting the 20kg shower screen snapped, and it fell off the bath

I have a 4 year old son :mad:

The bracket sheared off completely. The screen chipped a wooden door, dented a radiator and cracked a floor tile

Their response was "We only provide a 1 year warranty" which is fair enough

The product I bought was as follows:

https://victoriaplum.com/product/luxury-8mm-hinged-shower-bath-screen-with-glass-shelves-and-rail-cscreen06

Genuinely dangerous. Be warned

That said, aside from selling lethal products, can't fault them. Cheapest on the net and deliver quickly
  • Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Fierce1979 wrote: »

2 weeks ago, the hinges supporting the 20kg shower screen snapped, and it fell off the bath

The bracket sheared off completely. The screen chipped a wooden door, dented a radiator and cracked a floor tile

https://victoriaplum.com/product/luxury-8mm-hinged-shower-bath-screen-with-glass-shelves-and-rail-cscreen06

That said, aside from selling lethal products, can't fault them. Cheapest on the net and deliver quickly

Martin's 'sad fart' rule! Read this article.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/consumer-rights-refunds-exchange
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 15 June 2016 at 6:24PM
    Options
    Fierce1979 wrote: »

It's always worth remembering that a warranty is in addition to your statutory rights and can have restrictions.

You have statutory rights to seek a remedy from the seller for up to six years following the sale - no-matter what any warranty/guarantee might say.

As well as the article linked to by Doozergirl, it is also worth reading MSE's How to Complain article where you will see:
    ...there's another piece of legislation called the Limitation Act (it's the Prescription and Limitation Act in Scotland) that can help you out.

This says you have up to six years to complain after you bought a good (five years in Scotland).

Did you perhaps buy the screen using a credit card or maybe some other form of credit?
    If so it is possible that the credit provider may be equally responsible with the seller for performance of the contract.
    Have a read of MSE's Section 75 article for more details of this.
  • RalGh
    RalGh Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I placed an order with Victoria Plum on Saturday, 16th July, was then asked to produce further proof of my billing address on Monday, 18th July, which I have immediately sent via email on the day. I was assured on Wednesday, 20th July, the proof had been received and the order was going to be delivered as originally planned on Thursday, 21st July. I took the day off to await the delivery and when it got to 5pm and nobody had shown up, I called and was presented with silly reasons as to why the order couldn't be delivered and accused by their customer services that I "created my own story" around the 21st July delivery date!
    I have gone ahead and cancelled my order and am awaiting the refund!
    Never ever order from this company who has no respect for their clients whatsoever, the response has been patronising, rude, ignorant, fails to provide honest answers or give any answers without contradicting themselves. Absolutely appalling!
  • Prothet_of_Doom
    Prothet_of_Doom Posts: 3,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I needed a little bit of rubber than goes at the bottom of the glass bath screen https://www.victorianplumbing.co.uk/uniblade-shower-screen-seal

Wanted it urgently as visitors were coming and I couldn't remove the mould off the 10 year old original. My need was a whim and urgency due to procrastination

£16.95 plus £6.95 shipping.

They did not have one in my local store but could order one to arrive after my visitors had gone.

So I went to my local timber merchant, for something else and they reminded me that there was a plumbers merchant on another industrial estate, about a mile away.

and off I went and for just £6.95 I got a better quality version. They had 3 in stock.

My conclusion to this based on a random sample of one, is that Victoria Plumb are taking the !!!!.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure