VICTORIAPLUMB.COM - any experience with this company?

Options

Comments

• jayyar66
    jayyar66 Posts: 168 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Giggling, sounds similar, the one I fitted leaked only when flushed and it was leaking, of all places, from the very bottom edge of the pan where it sits on the floor. V. strange. In VP's defense though, when my customer emailed pics of it they've dispatched a replacement and don't even want the old one back.
  • giggling
    Options
    jayyar66 wrote: »
    Thanks Giggling, sounds similar, the one I fitted leaked only when flushed and it was leaking, of all places, from the very bottom edge of the pan where it sits on the floor. V. strange. In VP's defense though, when my customer emailed pics of it they've dispatched a replacement and don't even want the old one back.

They never ask for the old one back, that would cost for transport. They are replacing my roll top bath and don't want that back either. I suspect they will charge their supplier.
  • Controlee
    Options
    Jeeez, I've never seen so many bad reviews in my life. Out of 82 reviews, 54 1 star. Barge pole moment...
  • franka_2
    Options
    placed an order on feb 27 2013 for shower unit all in stock as far as we could tell so paid for items and organised builder. then had a confirmation of order email saying shower unit out of stock until 7 march. it should have said this on the website before taking my money. but ok just had to rearrange builder. still not heard from Victoria plumb by 11 march regarding delivery so phoned their customer services who informed me that the product was now out of stock until may grrrrrr having complained that we should have been contacted about this earlier i asked for a refund and was now going to have to find another shower unit asap as have builders coming next week. i was then told that the money i paid Victoria plumb on the 27 Feb would remain in their account for another 3 to 5 working days. so i now have to wait another 5 working days to use that money to buy a shower unit. unbelievable in this day and age that a refund takes up to five working days and the only communication from them is a receipt email. so they'll have had £1000- of my money in their account for more than 2 weeks and all I've got is stress. not even an apology. ok rant over.
  • gmcg1
    gmcg1 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Ordered £500 worth of bathroom suite from Victoria plumb on 25 Feb. one item out of stock which they didn't tell me when ordering. Delivery put back twice. Now 12 April and still nothing. No reply to emails, phone calls not returned. I took out a finance agreement through them with Barclays.They are now taking money from my account for goods I don't have . I decided to cancel the order but I can't get any response from them. Finally sent a letter, if no response to that it'll be the small claims court to get my money back. Might contact trading standards too. Avoid this company.:mad::mad::mad:
  • bibbito
    Options
    My friend and I both buy properties and do them up as a little sideline business so we both have a lot of experience in puchasing bathrooms. I have tried all the big hitters - Wickes (no-one was even interested enough in the showroom to ask if I needed any help so they sure as hell were not going to get my money!), B&Q (told me it would be delivery within a week but actually took 3 weeks!), Bathstore (let me walk around their showroom for 15 minutes and they did not even acknowledge my existence!), Victoria Plumb (good customer service initially until I noticed one of the items was damaged when it arrived on the delivery and then it became apparent that they just wanted my money and then lost all interest!), Homebase who were ok but very expensive in relation to other suppliers and they had quite a long turnaround for delivery. My latest find is City Plumbing who my plumber friend recommended because he gets all his boilers and pipes etc. He said they have just launched a range of showrooms and bathrooms available on next day delivery. They are now my go to bathroom supplier because as of yet they have not failed to meet my expectations. Highly recommended.
  • NicC159
    Options
    I would say avoid Victoria Plumb at all costs! They didn't deliver my items and when I chased them (at a premium rate call every time as they never call back or answer emails), they informed me that I cannot re-arrange another delivery time or have a refund as a person called Willis signed for my delivery.

After a huge amount of calls and dealing with possibly the worst customer service people I have ever experienced, it was the courier company that called me and resolved everything.

Willis by the way is the name of the courier company that Victoria Plumb used on this occasion. Nice to know Victoria Plumb don't bother to find out who they use ever. To this day, I have still never heard back from Victoria Plumb either
  • pn44
    pn44 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Same here, avoid this company!

I was suspicious of ordering reading various reviews on trustedpilot and review center, and all the 'very happy' reviews from various customers on its own website, which does not sound right to me, but jumped in as the builder strongly recommended it. This turns out a huge mistake.

As others posted, the items I ordered were listed as in stock but then was not delivered, no communication whatsoever until I chased them a number of times. They then sent the wrong delivery service - I paid for 2-man delivery into any room but only one guy came who refused to even give me a helping hand. I had to reject the delivery as there is no way for me to bring these heavy toilets in house. While they have agreed to refund the item and delivery in email, they didn't. After one month of chasing, they claimed that I ordered the out-of-stock item therefore I am responsible for all these, which I didn't of course as otherwise I would have gone elsewhere.

The other thing is that their products have not brand information on its website, and the products I received I can only say soso quality. For piece of mind, I'd strongly recommend go elsewhere and buy brand product, which I did eventually.

oh..use your own judgement if builder/plumber recommend them, apparently builders were paid 10% cash back by referring to their customers to it - I only realised it after having so many troubles
  • bleepandbooster
    Options
    So .......... Ordered Shower pivot door and glass side panel for a corner shower tray. Paid for it ...... delivered, fitted ....... Boom !

"Ardderchog" as they say around these parts , very happy with VP.

Cofion
    David
  • Scientomology
    Options
    To bump up an old thread...I've just figured out that Victoria Plumb and MFI are the same. They stock the same product that I am buying: 'Matrix Square Twin Valve with Diverter' and this is not available anywhere else online. I know Victoria Plumb have their own line of products exclusive to them so for MFI to have them is odd, plus their delivery charges are exactly the same so I highly suspect that they are one and the same.

There is another company called Victoria Plumbing (I imagine they have similar names to try and poach customers from each other) and that company has had some bad reviews but also some good ones. I took a chance and ordered a toilet and I had 0 issues. They are also reasonably cheap too.

To sum up, I would say anything related to Victoria Plumb is also related to MFI.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure