All change..... Determined to be solvent, single and successful

Options

Comments

• DD265
    DD265 Posts: 2,202 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I hope you're feeling better tomorrow MT!
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Been up for half the night - eventually gave up at 4.30 and got out of bed to take more tablets. Feel horrible. My headteacher is very strict about taking time off - you literally have to be dying so I'm going to have to go to work. I'm not sure I'll last the whole day though.....
    Have taken the dog for a shortish walk and drugged myself up - just waiting for them to kick in before getting in the shower. Not a happy camper today :(
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon, and work isn't too draining
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00

LD 11.24 £500.00/£345.00 (69%)    INS 12.24 £600.00/£000.00
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£070.00 (15%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£083.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0600.00

• crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Hope that you've managed to survive at work MT and are relaxing with a good book and an early night - or something similar.
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Got sent home at 1pm - think I was scaring the children! Really not very well, can't stop sneezing, sniffing and looking like I've been dug up.....

Spent the afternoon dozing on the sofa watching a film - taking as many cold and flu tablets as I'm allowed but they're not working. My nose is literally like a running tap :(
    Hopefully will be better tomorrow.....

Watched I Tonya - didn't know what to expect but it's really quite good - if it's true she had quite a life!
    Have walked the dog for half an hour for some fresh air and had a bath - an early night will be had - no sleep last night so hopefully it will be better tonight.
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Went to work today - felt a bit better this morning and so just got on with it but was absolutely exhausted by home time.
    Took the dog straight to the park before I stopped altogether and then had an early tea then promptly fell asleep on the sofa for an hour - not like me....
    Been for a stroll around the block with the pooch to wake me up again as I won't sleep tonight if I snooze all evening.
    It's parents evening tomorrow so a late one - could do without it but at least there's only one more day after that.

Have paid the outstanding balance on the new sofas over the phone so they'll get delivered on time next weekend. Just need to move some money around to cover the credit card used to pay for them as an insurance rather than cash. It will be paid off straight away though.

Going to tidy out the fridge and freeze things I won't use before the weekend so they won't go to waste and I can minimise grocery spending next week. I also need to make some lunch/tea for work tomorrow but other than that I'm doing nothing this evening - need a rest .....
  • mumblingtaff
    mumblingtaff Posts: 1,826 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well I made it through the week - parents evening was very long and hard work but got to the end almost in one piece.
    Slogged my way through Friday at work (the cold has gone but it's left me with a rattling chesty cough now), then spent the evening at OHs.
    Had a hair appointment at 9.30 yesterday morning so walked the dog and then went to be pampered for a couple of hours - had a 15 min head massage as well as a cut and colour so feel much happier with it now,
    After another dog walk, then went to see Creed 2 at the cinema with OH - really enjoyed it but I am a big Rocky fan ;) it's very predictable but well done and you know what you're getting I suppose.
    Yet another dog walk, then an evening with a pizza and Saturday telly with OH and a fairly early night.

Have woken up feeling better than I've felt for a week - just a cough but more energy and the headache and cold symptoms are now a thing of the past. I haven't had a cold like that in years - a real stinker!
    So, I've taken the dog to the park, done a shop at Aldi (just £25 spent so happy with that :) ). Put enough petrol in at tesco (cheapest around) to last me until payday at the end of next week, had a quick sunbed to counteract the pasty post cold palour and then unpacked the shopping, hoovered and dusted the whole house, cleaned the kitchen and sorted the bins
    and wooden floors and put a load of washing on.

The downstairs loo has developed a bad leak on the pipe taking water to the cistern and I came home this morning to a big puddle. Rather than panicking and phoning a plumber that will cost the earth on a Sunday, I've googled it and found out how to isolate the water supply for the toilet and it seems to have worked for now. I'll look into properly fixing it myself - it didn't look too hard when I had a brief look but I need to investigate more. I don't want to shell out for something I can do myself. It's not urgent as there are 2 other toilets to use so as long as it's not leaking and causing damage I can take my time.

I have a bit of work to do but will have some lunch and build up to it..... ;)
    Have had a busy weekend so far and might have a bit of a rest later this afternoon but also feel like doing some exercise whilst I'm in the mood.
    I weighed this morning for the first time in ages and it was quite good news - I'm 9 lbs less than I was when we came home from holidays at half term. I lost a bit quite quickly but it's slowly creeping down without a full on diet - that's good. Would like to continue to lose another half a stone or 10lbs but am not going to obsess over it.

Right, lunchtime then work .....
  • mumblingtaff
    edited 5 December 2018 at 7:35PM
    Options
    Quite a good day at work, lessons went ok and I chaired a long SLT meeting after school that was productive for once.
    Have walked the dog twice since being home and 14000 steps done today :)
    Made a proper tea for us both and cleaned and tidied the kitchen and made a packed lunch for tomorrow. Quite tired now I've sat down....
    Need to sort out car tax and have a quick look at the finances this evening. Can't see me being up late tonight - feeling sleepy already.
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Had a busy day yesterday - lots of teaching and meetings and then after a dog walk went to the local shopping centre with OH to look for clothes for him. I spent a grand total of nothing and traipsed around after him and waited outside changing rooms for ages. He did buy things though so it wasn't a wasted journey and I got a hot chocolate and mince pie bought for me as a reward :)

Didn't get home until around 10 pm and then couldn't settle so didn't get a lot of sleep last night. Today was ok though, actually managed to get a full 10 page data report written this morning that I usually would do on the weekend, had three productive meetings, and taught 3 lessons. Managed to get away from school around 4pm and then walked the dog for 40 mins in torrential rain - not nice for either of us, have since had a jacket spud and a warm bath so feel better now.

I need to write a short speech this evening for an event I've been invited to at my old school tomorrow evening. I've already sorted clothes for tomorrow and a packed lunch so am ready for the day ahead.
    Other than that I'm looking forward to having a rest. I'm tired and have a niggly back so am hoping for a nice early night after some telly.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Always on the go MT - I have no idea how you do it. I am dead on my feet and barely do half of what you do. Not sure I'll make it to Christmas at this rate.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure