All change..... Determined to be solvent, single and successful

Options

Comments

• mumblingtaff
    Options
    Morning all. An eventful weekend so far.....

Yesterday, I took the dog to the park for an hour in the morning then went to a dog friendly cafe for brunch for us both. Decided to go to the furniture shops for a look and bought 2 new sofas in the sale - they're really nice leather ones and were half price with an extra 10% off so a bargain, I've been thinking about it for a while and have most of the money saved up in a house account. Only had to pay 10% then and the rest just before delivery in December so will have the lot ready by then. Was offered interest free credit but resisted. So a nice morning.

Then walked over to OHs (about 3 miles) for the exercise and he was in a foul mood and we promptly had an almighty row culminating in me walking home again just an hour later. He's had a bad week but there is no need to take it out on me. My week hasn't been great either but I'm still pleasant. At least I got plenty of exercise I suppose.....
    He texted some pretty horrible things to me and I ended up just telling him to leave me alone and he suggested it was for good. How immature and disrespectful. By text! Half an hour later he texted that he loved me and was sorry which I've ignored. I refuse to be treated like that anymore. We'll see if he surfaces today but I'm not making any contact. I deserve better than that.

So last night I walked the dog again, drank a bottle of wine, had a takeaway curry and licked my wounds. Not exactly diet friendly but needed. After a poor nights sleep I got up this morning and gave myself a talking to. Took the dog for a good long walk in the rain to blow away the cobwebs, tidied the house, did the weekly shop at the little tesco (didn't need much) and then decided to go for a run. 5km done - hard work in the wind and rain but I'm pleased I've done it now.
    I'm not going to wallow. End of.

So after watching the armistice day ceremony on TV I'm going to have a sunbed (bad I know) then do some work to get ready for the week. The old soldiers always make me cry - both my grandfathers were in the Second World War (one as a prisoner of war, the other as a desert rat) and it always makes me think of them.

No other big plans for today - going to recoup and recover.....
  • EscapingTheAlarm
    Options
    Hi mumblingtaff,
    I always read your diary but don't often post... I just wanted to say that I hope you're OK and that I completely agree that you don't need to be treated like that by OH! Im sure he will do his best to make it up to you but I'm glad you didn't reply to his first attempt!
    Keep up all your amazing hard work- I find it impressive to read!
    ETA x
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    School work done - all prepped for the week.
    Watched a bit of TV then went for a walk for an hour while the sun was out before it got dark - not doing well at sitting around the house. Too much thinking time.
    Have made a nice tea of veggie sausages and homemade mash with Yorkshire pudding and gravy to use up the potatoes in the fridge - the dog enjoyed his portion too and s currently sleeping it off.....

Just watching The Mist on Netflix - about half way through the series - it's an adaptation of a Stephen King book - daft but entertaining enough.

Need to keep myself occupied.....
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Just wanted to say I'm thinking of you, and good on you for not getting in touch with him. He always treats you badly when he's stressed out and it's not fair.
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Positive thoughts. And completely agree about not being treated in such a manner, you do deserve better and if he can't manage that then he should at least be able to be civil until he can.
    Hope you found something to occupy yourself this evening. I'd love to inspire you with tales of my creativity, intelligence or healthy endeavours. However I'm waiting for a roast dinner to finish - seem to have sulking potatoes that refuse to crisp or brown - ironing duvet covers (pet hate) and watching a particularly daft Christmas film on Channel 5. OH and DS2 are watching Dr Who.
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00
    LD 11.24 £500.00/£450.00 (90%)    Fn £395                                                     
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£079.50 (17%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£085.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0750.00

• Willowtree222
    Options
    Hi,

I've been reading your diary for a few days, and just wanted to say hope you are ok. x
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    The brunch at a dog friendly cafe sounded great...sorry that the rest of Saturday was so tough.

Hope you have a good week at school.
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Thank you all for your support - it's much appreciated.
    A couple of bad tempered and self pitying texts from him. I tried to rise above it and remain blameless. Bloody hard though when you want to say so many other things.
    I'm starting a new week - onwards and upwards xx
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Today was a good day at work - lessons went well, meetings weren't too long and drawn out, managed to have a quiet 90 mins and marked two lots of extended writing and almost a whole set of tests.
    Came home and phoned parents whilst driving (hands free) who are all upbeat because they've just booked a holiday for after Xmas - the only thing is that I have to look after their mental dog for the week that they're away - they do have my dog for me so I can't complain. Nice to hear mum cheerful - she's the eternal pessimist ;)

Took the dog to the park in the dark - there's still lots of other dog walkers there so it's safe - had tea and got stuck into another load of work. Meeting minutes written up and emailed, test marking finished and calculated and some general planning done for next week. My mother and sister are visiting this weekend so I won't have a lot of time to get things done.
    A quick whizz round the block with the dog, packed lunch and clothes ready for the morning, bins put out and kitchen cleaned and now I can finally have an hour to myself before bed!!! :)

On the OH front, no big news, he's texted saying he'll ring to talk tonight if it's not too late by the time he's home but I'm not holding my breath.

Tomorrow is another busy day so it's an hour of telly before an earlyish night. Xx
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Well wonders will never cease - he did phone and actually attempted to talk to me with a small apology thrown in for good measure. I'm still not convinced though and will continue to be wary for now. He never backs down so this is fairly new territory...... It may well be a temporary ceasefire.....

Watched a episode of the Trial of OJ Simpson - it's really good so will now be my new winding down programme.
    Busy day in store today - lots of teaching and I need to get a lot of other jobs done too ......
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure