All change..... Determined to be solvent, single and successful

Options

Comments

• crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Busy busy - but seems like it's all going well. I wish I was half as well organised with the money as you are - I'm already skint and we only got paid on Friday... Oh well.
  • mumblingtaff
    mumblingtaff Posts: 1,826 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Cat - I did have an extra half month's pay - much easier when you get unexpected money ;) hope everything is going ok for you at work too?

Busy teaching day today - all fairly ok though.
    Managed to leave at 4pm so was home by 4 30 and in the park with the dog 15 mins later. Just waiting for tea to cook - veggie sausages and dauphinois potatoes - am really hungry so can't wait :)
    I've made my lunch for tomorrow and cleaned the kitchen so I'm organised for tomorrow- will get my suit ready later so there's no dramas in the morning.

No big news today - just a normal day at work - nice to have a humdrum day sometimes.... Spoke to mum whilst driving home - a 30 min commute helps to kill two birds with one stone I suppose. I used to live literally around the corner from my old job.
    Going to do an hour's work planning lessons for next week so I don't have to do as much on the weekend, have a bath and maybe watch a bit of Killing Eve on the iplayer - it's getting really good now.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Work is ok. There are a lot of politics in play at the moment... nothing directly affecting me, but it is making things a bit more stressful. And I am so tired. I just can't be bothered with anything at all at the moment.
    By the way, I have watched Killing Eve, and it is brilliant. But I need a new box set now. :(
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    I know what you mean Cat - I finished the box set last night. Loved it.
    Managed to get about two thirds of my lessons for next week planned last night so was a bit productive too :)
    Hopefully it's a fairly straightforward day today - no teaching this morning and no meetings booked in yet so hopefully I'll have a couple of hours to do some proper work. Nothing formal after school either so perhaps an earlyish finish? Famous last words......
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Home now. Managed to get all my lessons for next week finished off and a load of admin done. Even marked half a set of books! Unheard of whilst in work.....
    Have taken the dog to the park, been to the cashpoint and shop for more chicken for the dog and tidied the kitchen and cleaned the mucky paw prints from the wooden floors. I'm supposed to be seeing OH tonight so need to be organised.
    Finished my latest audiobook in the car and walking the dog. Very good, one of those that you want yo know what happens next. Will have to investigate the next one for purchase using an audible credit.
    Also watched the final episode of Kiling Eve last night - really enjoyed it, would definitely recommend it.

I'm in Leeds all day tomorrow and then back to school for open evening - a really long day in prospect. OH will be walking and feeding the dog after work for me - not ideal but better than having to go into the kennels for the night.

Going to have some tea and a bath then head over to OHs for a few hours...
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Yesterday was a epic day - went to Leeds for an all day meeting then went back to school for open evening. Left at 6.45am and got home at almost 9pm.... Was shattered... Managed to get through today (just) but am really tired.
    Popped to B&M on the way home for dog wee mats and some toiletriesand a bottle of wine (£20 spent) - saves me going tomorrow so a job out of the way, have walked the dog in the rain and hoovered and dusted the whole house, cleaned the kitchen, sorted the bins and had a tidy round. Need to go to Aldi tomorrow for some bits and pieces but I'll do that while the dog is having his hair cut. I don't have too much work to do this weekend and I'll leave it all until Sunday morning, having a day off tomorrow.

OH is cooking tea and the dog and I are staying over tonight so a pampered evening is in store - I need it!
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Hope you get some time to relax MT - you must be shattered.
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    Wow, that was a long day on Thursday. Hope you have a relaxing weekend to make up for it.
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • mumblingtaff
    edited 7 October 2018 at 1:00PM
    Options
    Thank you Cat and Honeysuckle - more or less recovered now. ;)
    Had a nice day yesterday - dropped the dog off for his haircut then went straight to do the food shop (£30 spent in Aldi) then home for a quick bath and tidy then picked the dog up and OH and I went out for lunch. Spent the afternoon lazing about with him and then went home to feed and walk the dog and OH came over to stay for the evening.

Some big news..... We booked a 5 day holiday in Lanzarote for half term last night:)
    Was just browsing flights etc to see how much they were and found a really good deal with Jet2 that also included a 5 star spa hotel and transfers etc so we just went mad and booked it :) going two weeks today and get back on the Friday night of half term so I'll still have the weekend at home before going back to work. The next half term is a killer - 8 long weeks in the dark and cold so a bit of late sunshine and warmth (hopefully!) will set us up nicely.
    It's 90% paid for by the underpayment in my wages due back due to a wrong tax code so no big outlay. Really looking forward to it now we've done it. I've phoned mum to check she can look after the dog and there's no problem so we're good to go. :)

Had a fairly busy morning so far - taken the dog to the park, been for a medium length run, written a report for the governors and done a presentation for tomorrow. Have also marked some books but lost the will to live (hate marking!) with 18 left to go - I'll plod on with some more later.
    OH is playing golf this afternoon so I'm free to do some pottering. I had planned on going shopping for some more running kit but am debating whether to save the money until after the holidays.... Will see how I feel later.
    Just had a soak in the bath and done a bit of preening and am currently sporting a face mask - I look tired this weekend so I'm trying to rectify it. Might take some doing.....

I'm going to do a strict two week pre holiday diet starting tomorrow (have bits to use up today) but will do plenty of exercise today. The weather looks ok so I might go for a long brisk walk for an hour later to add to the run already done. Need to shift half a stone before I go away....hmmmm.....we'll see!

Right, time for some lunch and then we'll see what the afternoon brings....
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Popped out to Sports Direct to pick up some running kit - not tried it on yet, will do that tomorrow and return anything that I'm not pleased with. Bought some running leggings, a waterproof lightweight running jacket, some socks and a top. Also, ran into The Range to buy a new door mat for OH, the dog had a little tinkle on his old one.....oops!! Only £4.99 so not too bad.

Then went to the pub that my parents want to have lunch in on Xmas day and sorted out the booking and paid the deposit - a good job done as they only had two tables left! It's the beginning of October!! A stroll around the park in the sunshine with the dog followed and a nice tea using up things from the fridge. I've also made a packed lunch for tomorrow.
    I'm shattered tonight - slept really badly last night - and so have spent the evening watching The Commuter on Amazon Prime, the usual Liam Neeson action thriller but entertaining enough.
    Going to bed soon - it's only 9pm - hopefully I'll sleep.....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure