All change..... Determined to be solvent, single and successful

Options

Comments

• mumblingtaff
    mumblingtaff Posts: 1,826 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well the sleep completely evaded me last night - was literally awake for most of the night :(
    Don't know why - was thinking about some work just before bed but listened to the sleep app and went to bed fairly early but my brain was having none of it.....

Never mind, had a busy but good day at work - taught three lessons, did 2 observations and marked a set of books, then gave an hour long presentation at my SLT meeting after school. But, I did manage to leave just after 4pm and was home by 4.30pm, took the dog to the park for 45 mins then went straight out for a medium length run - my first after work in my new job. The pre holiday regime has begun!

Just waiting for tea to cook (using up fresh bits in the fridge) and have no big plans this evening apart from marking another set of books whilst watching the soaps.
    it's "do something special for someone" week at work (a bit like secret Santa) and I got a little bottle of posh vodka as a surprise on my desk this morning - will ignore it for now, I'm being good ;)
    I bought a mammoth bar of chocolate and a little bottle of prosecco for my partner - a bit like a teacher survival kit...

Right, off to put the dry washing away and have a quick tidy round before tea is cooked.....
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It must have been the night for no sleep last night. DH and I both found it hard to get to sleep, and then to stay asleep, and I've spoken to two other friends today who said the same thing.
    How fab about the holiday and it being already more or less paid for - good for you.
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00
    LD 11.24 £500.00/£397.50 (79%)    Fn £375                                                     
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£074.75 (16%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£084.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0750.00

• mumblingtaff
    Options
    Wonder if it was a full moon Joey ;)

Have had a busy couple of hours - decided to change the bedding and turn the mattress in the vain hope it might help me sleep, then cleaned the kitchen and all of the wooden floors, put a load of washing in, put the bins out, read the meters, made a packed lunch for tomorrow and put clothes ready for the morning. Have also marked exactly half a set of books - bored of it now and don't need them until Wednesday.

Think a bit of telly and a relax are now in order after I've moved some money around the accounts.
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Had a slightly better sleep last night but the dog was a bit restless so not brilliant but at least I feel like I slept a bit.
    Spoke to OH (who'd had a rubbish day) and watched the first episode of Mindhunter on Netflix - the jury is out on it, I think it might be a grower but will need at least one more episode.

Have a very busy day today - teaching 4 lessons, doing one observation and have a meeting in my only free lesson and then another after school. Never mind at least the day will go quickly.....
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Well, the day whizzed by and didn't even have time to eat lunch - it's still in the fridge at work.....
    Left at 4, took the dog to the park in lovely sunshine and then forced myself out for another run. Hard work, lacking in energy due to lack of food and being on my feet all day but done now.

I have a very rock and roll evening in store - cleaning the bathrooms, finishing a bit of lesson planning for next week and writing a report and possibly hoovering out the car. Exciting or what!!??

Wednesday tomorrow...half way through ....
  • mumblingtaff
    edited 9 October 2018 at 8:41PM
    Options
    Have been very productive considering I'm knackered ;)
    Have given the car a good clean inside and its respectable again now (resembled an extension of the park), cleaned the kitchen, done a load of washing, cleaned both upstairs bathrooms, had a bath and listened to a motivational podcast, planned and resources all my lessons for next week and written the report I've been putting off for ages which took much less time than I thought it would ..... Typical!

That's enough for one day!
    Have done 15000 steps today - deserve a sit down now and a bit of telly.....
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    A fairly good day - got stuff done at work and lessons went well.
    Sent the report I wrote to the head who was happy with it thankfully, just one more to tweak tomorrow then I'm done with reports for a week or two.
    Have marked a set of tests tonight and done a bit of tarting up of some data for the governors but have run out of steam now.
    Just spoken to OH, he's up to his eyeballs with work this week, feel quite sorry for him, he seems preoccupied and a little bit stressed.

Made a quorn spag bol for tea for me, the dog and the freezer - quite nice but nothing special. I'm doing well with no alcohol, better food and more exercise so far this week. If I can crack the sleeping I'll be on top form ;) it was a bit better last night but still not great.

Just going to take the dog around the block (he's already been to the park tonight) then watch a bit of telly. Nothing exciting today.....
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Got my second wind and marked a class set of long tests - a good job out of the way that would have been done on the weekend otherwise. Pleased that they're out of the way.
    Tired now though - bed soon. Busy day tomorrow - is there any other kind? :)
  • mumblingtaff
    edited 11 October 2018 at 8:16PM
    Options
    A really busy day of teaching and doing data and spent the afternoon doing a full faculty review of one of the subjects I manage. Interesting and positive, so worth doing.
    Managed to leave by 4.30 and then after the drive home took the dog to the park for a potter and had a bath and tea. Just marked a set of tests and a class set of extended writing ready for tomorrow - needed doing and I'm glad it's out of the way now.

It's Friday tomorrow - it's nonstop full of teaching, observations and meetings and I'm going to try to leave by 3.30. Fingers crossed.
    It's been a very busy week and I'm pooped.

Spoke to my mum on the drive home and all is well, so nothing to worry about there.

It's payday on Monday and I don't have any big plans for the weekend - trying to economise a bit before going on holiday at half term. Will see what OH fancies doing but he's also had a manic week so I don't think it will be anything overly exciting.
    Going to try to get my fringe trimmed either tomorrow after work or on Saturday - it's driving me around the bend! No running today as it chucked it down after the park walk - will try tomorrow but definitely Saturday if not.

Have sorted my lunch and clothes for tomorrow and so can now have a bit of a rest - won't be late to bed tonight.....
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Literally haven't stopped all day since I got to my office at 7am....taught 3 lessons, did 3 observations and 3 lots of feedback, had an hour long meeting and did 3 different duties, including one in a gale!
    Traffic on the way home was bad due to the weather but I'm home now and have taken the dog for a good walk to definitely blow away the cobwebs - it was a bit like flying a kite as he's only little and battled against the wind bless him :)

Phoned the hairdresser on the way home and he can sort my fringe out tomorrow morning so I'll look and feel better.

Going to OHs this evening - he'll either cook or we'll have a takeaway and I'm sure there will be a bottle of wine involved - in fact, as part of the secret buddy week at work, I was given a lovely gift bag full of a bottle of prosecco, a bag of maltesers, a hot water bottle and a tub of hot chocolate and a lovely card. Have also been given a given a lovely make up bag full of face masks etc and some candles, a bag of pens and stationery and a little bottle of vodka! Very generous buddy!

Looking forward to a fairly quiet weekend - this week has been manic!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure