All change..... Determined to be solvent, single and successful

Options

Comments

• crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Your week has definitely been hectic MT - really hope that you manage some relaxation and down time this weekend. Can't be too long until half term for you now? I have another week to get through but am desperately looking forward to a rest. The windy weather hasn't been good for behaviour in school - that's for sure. :D
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    Haven't experienced any other type of day in education, except busy or frantic!

Hope you have a restful weekend.
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Thank you Cat and Honeysuckle- just one more week to go thankfully.....
    This half term has flown - don't know where the time has gone!
    I'm having a day off work today though - not even going to think about it - so there!

Had a busy morning so far - stayed over at OHs last night but was home by about 8.30 this morning - was just too awake to try to stay still and listen to him snore ;)
    Took the dog for a walk, had a bath then popped into the hairdressers for a fringe trim ( much better now), a quick whizz round sainsburys for essentials (£23 spent) a 10 minute sunbed (was looking very pale and pasty) and then home to unpack the shopping and clean the kitchen.
    Whilst on a roll, I've hoovered and dusted the whole house and had a general tidy round and watered the plants. Nice and ordered again now. :)

Also spoke briefly to mum to make sure they're ok in South Wales - the weather is dreadful but they're ok with regards to flooding etc. Dad is just gutted that his golf course is shut and the rugby has been cancelled this afternoon.....

Not sure what the rest of the day will bring yet - will finish watching Good Girls on Netflix (one more episode left) and try to do some exercise but other than that no big plans....
  • mumblingtaff
    mumblingtaff Posts: 1,826 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have had a quiet afternoon, watching some catch up TV and taking the dog for a long walk whilst it's not raining. Popped round to a neighbours to have a nosey at their new extension - very nice and has given me a few ideas.....

Just checked my online payslip (get paid on Monday) and have been reimbursed for the tax overpayment last month thankfully. Have managed to get to the end of the pay month without dipping into the contingency I'd put aside of the extra half month's pay so things are looking quite healthy financially at the moment. The tax refund will almost pay for the holiday and I'll top it up with some of the spare contingency to make sure it doesn't actually cost anything from savings or stay on the credit card.
    I'll sort out budgets and savings etc for this month's salary on Monday when I can move the money around. The next month is 4.5 weeks long so I need to make sure I budget for 5 weeks really.

OH has made noises about going to the cinema later - quite fancy it so I hope he doesn't change his mind.
  • mumblingtaff
    mumblingtaff Posts: 1,826 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Huge drama in the night.
    Was in bed with OH and heard the lad next door coming home obviously worse for wear at about 3.30am. It eventually went quiet after about half an hour and then the mum next door was banging on my front door and hysterical. Her son had stopped breathing and was unconscious. Ran straight round, phoned an ambulance and had to do CPR for the 10-15 mins until the paramedics arrived. He was cold, no pulse and not breathing. Scary stuff. Just as they arrived he started breathing again and they took over and got him back but he was gone for a while. They've all gone off to hospital and I haven't heard anything since.
    The lady on the end of the phone was great and talked me through it and when I didn't come back OH came and helped - the paramedic said we'd saved his life. I'm so glad that they teach us to do basic first aid at work and was surprised at how calm we were during it all. Was a bit wobbly afterwards but ok. Just glad we did something, fingers crossed he's ok but he wasn't breathing for a long time.

Obviously couldn't go back to bed after that so we stayed up and eventually OH went home to try to get some sleep. I'm nowhere near being able to sleep so have pottered about and am just waiting for it to get light so I can walk the dog.
    Not the Saturday night I was expecting.....
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Oh MT what a horrible thing to happen to the lad and well done you for taking control of the situation and probably saving his life. I think we go in to adrenaline zone at the time and then fall away after. You could really do with some sleep though.
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    My goodness! Wow, well done for your quick thinking. You must be exhausted...hope you have a relaxing day today,
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    :eek::eek::eek:

MT, you are an absolute hero! I can't believe how matter of fact you sound about it - what a woman!
    I really hope that you're giving yourself the day off from anything even remotely challenging and just relaxing and resting.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Wow... you are amazing. I hope he recovers. Well done for staying calm & bringing him back!
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Thank you all - looking back, it was a bit surreal, like someone else was doing it. No news yet - fingers crossed he's ok. There was at least 10 mins when he wasn't breathing, in addition to the time before I got there.

Have had a little hour long snooze on the sofa but won't go back to bed now as I won't sleep tonight if I do. Got a tiny bit of work to do ( it's not the end of the world if I don't do it) and OH has just texted saying he'll cook later on for us. Just going to potter about and see if it ever stops raining.....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure