All change..... Determined to be solvent, single and successful

Options

Comments

• mumblingtaff
    Options
    Good news - just heard from the mum and he's sitting up and talking in hospital and can't remember anything. At least he's ok thankfully.
  • mumblingtaff
    mumblingtaff Posts: 1,826 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 16 October 2018 at 6:22PM
    Options
    Sitting with a face mask on waiting for the water to warm up to have a soak in the bath. I have lots of things to do this week and not much time to do them in so need a list to keep me organised.

1. Buy toiletries for holidays - done
    2. Get suitcase down from attic - done
    3. Ironing for holidays
    4. Buy euros
    5. Phone vet for dog's tablets - done
    6. Pick up dog's tablets - done
    7. Buy food for dog's holiday at mums
    8. Prep for governor meeting on Thursday - done
    9. Prep for trust review meeting in Leeds on Weds - done
    10. Clean conservatory
    11. Sort out the budgets and banking when paid on Monday - done
    12. Put petrol in - done
    13. Write two reports
    14. Mark one set of books
    15. Write up a million observation reports

That's all I can think of for now but I'm sure there's more!
  • Starmummy
    Starmummy Posts: 537 Forumite
    Options
    MT you are a total angel. You should be so proud of yourself for staying so calm.
    debt consolidated 16/8/18 £9,788.01/£12,618.12 :( (Total debt at LBM 1st Jan '18 c..£19.5k)
    EF/FIT savings £97.24 Other Savings £12.17 House Deposit £4,762.64/£20,000 23.8% :D
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Spent the afternoon with OH, had a lovely time, he was blown away by what had happened in the night and couldn't stop talking about it.
    Tired now though- will watch a bit of telly and have an early night - shattered now and it's a very long week ahead.....
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Evening all. Really busy day at work - lots of teaching, observations, feedback and meetings. Long SLT meeting tonight too so didn't get home until about 6.30 from the park with the dog.
    Need to mark a set of tests tonight but that's all I'm doing, slept badly last night, unsurprising I suppose.

Today is pay day!! Need to move some money around into savings accounts etc and pay some bills - will do that later.
    Have managed to tick a couple of jobs off the list - ordered the dog's tablets, got the suitcase down from the attic and put diesel in.
    Still plenty to do though.....
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Tests marked and banking done. All looks quite healthy :)

Have put savings into the holidays, house and garden, Xmas and contingency accounts and paid all the bills including paying off the holiday on the credit card. I've budgeted for 3 weeks worth of groceries as I've already bought this week's and will be away for a week, 4 weeks of spending money whilst at home, holiday money, extra diesel to take the dog to Wales and a hair appointment.
    There's still £700 not allocated so I've put it in the contingency account and will move it after the holiday to proper savings.
    Fingers crossed that I don't need it and can squirrel it away. My budgets for the month are quite generous so hopefully I can stick to them.
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Wow, how lucky for the young man and his mum that you were there and had that training. I can imagine you were quite drained and shattered afterwards however.
    Good news about getting the tax back as was promised. Emergency tax can be such a pain and seems so unnecessary when they knew you were starting over three months a
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00
    LD 11.24 £500.00/£465.00 (93%)    Fn £400                                                     
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£404.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£085.00 (18%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£070.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£086.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0750.00

• mumblingtaff
    Options
    Thanks Joey - life is one event after the next at the moment! Am really ready for a holiday.....

Had a really busy day - taught 4 lessons, did two observations, finally finished a report, did two lots of feedback, started planning for the week after the holiday and finished off with a science team meeting....phew!

On the plus side, I found out today that I get paid for doing lunchtime duties - have to claim it back via a portal and one of the admin staff showed me how to do it - apparently it's about £100 ish a month after tax do well worth doing as I have to do the duty anyway :). Have claimed the full half terms worth today and so hopefully it will be paid in the next month's salary.......

Managed to leave at 4ish and dashed straight home to change and collect the dog, went straight to the vets to pick up his tablets for his holidays and the next month, popped to sainsburys to buy the holiday toiletries and then took the dog to his favourite park for a good potter about.
    Cleaned the wooden floors and kitchen whilst waiting for tea to microwave - just rice and a veggie curry but very tasty - so the house is all nice and tidy.

Off to Leeds tomorrow afternoon to to a big scary presentation to the trust - OH is picking the dog up on his way home to walk and feed him because I'll be late back. Will be a very long day.......

Tonight will consist of catching up on email, doing a little bit of work, having a bath and watching some telly - slept poorly again last night so am quite tired today.
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    What a mad week!!!
    Wednesday was a trip to Leeds with work and Thursday was a full day at school followed by a governors meeting until 7pm. Both went well so that's a relief.
    Today was a tough slog - really tired but got to the end of it just about in tact.
    It's now half term! :)

We're off on holidays on Sunday morning but I haven't even thought about it yet. Absolutely no preparation done except buying some toiletries. I have to take the dog to Wales tomorrow morning - mum is looking after him for me. She's meeting me part way so I don't have to drive the entire way but it will be a minimum of a 5 hour round trip.
    Need to do the holiday ironing, pack etc but am going to leave it all until tomorrow - just knackered today.
    I also need to dye my hair, I won't have time to go to the hairdresser and so have bought a box of dye intending to do it this evening but I really can't be bothered so that will have to happen tomorrow too.....

Since coming home from work, I have taken the dog to the park, been to the shops for dog food and treats for his trip, been to the cashpoint, hoovered and dusted the whole house, cleaned the kitchen, sorted the bins and tidied upstairs. Going to have a bath and go over to spend the evening with OH - he's cooking for us and I'm looking forward to a relaxed night. Need to decompress ;)
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Enjoy your hols MT - sounds like they are going to be very well earned. :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills