20/20 Vision (repaying a debt to my home and myself)

Options

Comments

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    You probably needed the down time from work and project so don’t regret it. It sounds like it’s all coming together now
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 3 March 2019 at 8:03PM
    Options
    Good luck with your creative work and a great idea to go to Cafe Nero to do it. Well done on not spending the £20 yet :T.
    Thanks (although I have spent from the £20 already :o)
    You probably needed the down time from work and project so don’t regret it. It sounds like it’s all coming together now
    Thanks INOD. It is amazing how long it took to get into my stride but yes it feels like it is coming together :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I went out despite the terrible weather. As I sit writing this the wind is howling. I put the heating on for 20 minutes just to take the chill off.

I got some good project work done again :)

Spent £3 of my £20 on YS chocolate cake and YS olives. Oops. :o

I am still going to try and manage the whole of next week on the remaining £17. I have enough food in to last the week so it should easily be possible :)

Tomorrow I have an early morning appointment at the GP and I will drop off a library book on the way back then go to a Ner0 to do work :)

Another scintillating day beckons ;)

Have a lovely evening everyone :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Well done on gettiing your creative work done yesterday and I hope you get loads done today too :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I try to be positive because it is too easy to be negative and moan for England without looking for solutions, or ways to feel better about the situation. But I'm not feeling positive. I know this it is my diary and I can moan if I want but I don't see the benefit (to anyone) of constant negativity.

I’m feeling cross today as I am unable to get a receipt retrospectively from an organisation. I have been going back and forth on this for days. Therefore I have to accept a loss of £75. I had the treatment, but I thought I would get £50 back but there is only so much energy I can put into trying to get the money back.

I’ve also decided that if PPI and financial companies are unwilling to compensate I won’t be going to the ombudsman

I am tired of chasing to get money back.

In fact I am sick of having limited funds and having to give my time and energy to thinking about money ALL THE TIME. I want to think about bigger things.

I will be back, but I need a break from constantly thinking of what I can and cannot afford. I’m bored of it.

Before someone points it out, I know I am luckier than most.

I'm sure I'll get over myself in time. I usually do.

Wishing you all a relaxing evening and hoping your mood is better than mine today.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,198 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hope you feel brighter soon DIA, much sympathy from me.
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I claimed PPI via the ombudsman and it really was dead easy - fill in form, explain my complaint, receive cheque. The bank who insisted they couldn't possibly have done anything wrong suddenly decided they didn't feel that confident after all.

Sorry to hear you're having a fed up day - it happens, I think sometimes having our light bulbs come on means we are never quite carefree about such things again. Hope you feel better soon.
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,514 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I feel your pain.
    It is horrid when we are thinking of money all the time :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 7,935 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Its OK to get bored with it all. Maybe give yourself a break from spending money on improvement projects and just live and work for a few months. You have done a lot in a year so this is not lazy it's just building resilience and replenishing reserves.

Just don't do what I would do and start overspending on day to day stuff.
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    There must be something in the air as I know lots of people feeling the way you are. I hope that feeling passes soon, or that you're able to distract yourself with your creativity.

I've been looking around at how much needs doing in my house, as well as all the other places I need to spend and it is wearing.

Take lots of care of yourself.

MTx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family