NST April 2018: April Fool's Challenge

Options

Comments

• greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 26 April 2018 at 12:51PM
    Options
    Aim for at least 15 NSDs. Still 7/15 - got home from work and OH wanted to go out for lunch (he paid - but it's all joint money - will add to social - nice to spend time together away from house, just us)
    Pay to your debt or savings first and live off the rest. - ok (done)
    Report in every day. ok
    Interests -- am going to ease myself back into fitness this month and read more -running total -3 walks, 1 gardening session, 6 books.
    Love yourself - using up face creams etc (micellar water, serums) on a daily basis - hoping my skin will benefit :)-
    Find time to get outside. - Not today - working & rain this afternoon
    Overpay - aim to pay 20% extra to your debt or savings. - Definitely done! - paid off OH's car early (end was Oct/ Nov this year) -Organise your month. - DS1's 18th birthday mid month. Have also ordered presents for DS3's birthday (late mid May) and bought some May cards
    Lose one bad habit. - a certain game which I've spent waaay too much time on in March.... - ok
    Sign off your daily post with a list of gratitudes. - yes :)
    Today I am grateful for:
    * lovely colleagues
    * the smell of home baked bread (currently baking in my oven :D)
    * DS2 being motivated by a 30 day challenge set by school
    * DS3 happily setting to his spellings and maths homework (yeay!)
    * booking an extra day's work in May :)
    Budgets:
    Food 356.96/450 - to update from Sat
    Travel 64.60/ £75
    Gifts (inc cards etc) 84.03/£150
    Toiletries 8.29/£10
    Cleaning 11.89/ £10
    Social 111.71/£150
    Clothing 132.60/ £75:o (OH 2 x boots, 1 x coat, DS1 Y13 Leavers Hoody)
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    A - 17/15 Spend day. Was someone's birthday in work and gave £5 towards the presents the business manager brought.
    R - Done.
    I - Read a small bit of my book, wordsearch and mindfulness colouring.
    L -Put coconut oil on and some perfume.
    F - Walked from school to bus stop after work and had to go in the school playground to get a student from a club.
    O - Done. Still doing overtime when available. Completing surveys when possible.
    O - Still ongoing.
    L - Ok with social media today.
    S - Grateful for:
    Having a nice chat on the phone with my brother, sister and nephew this evening.
    Good night's sleep.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,356 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Last day before payday for me, so this will be my last official check in. Spend day today as I went swimming after work. Almost couldn't be bothered but once I was in it was nice. Much less achey afterwards than the first time I went!

Got about £50 left so will divide that up between savings and also use some towards my holiday later in the year.

Hope to see you in the May challenge. :money:
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £2,066.55 as of 04/24
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Does anyone fancy running May?

(I'm happy to do it if no one else wants to...)

Go for it, apple. I was going to volunteer but not feeling enthused, bit worried about it not letting me alter my signature and have 3 tough days coming up.

Took taxi to crafts. The centre had had some event and a huge buffet was laid out. Luckily they were wrapping up (told us we would have to wait a few minutes for craft stuff to be brought through. One of our regulars had a birthday today and the member I had been waiting with had said that it would be nice to just sit and have a chat every now and then, so I bagsied the leftover buffet and we sat in a comfy corner. Would have taken more food if I had known they were going to bin it (it did say it should be disposed of after being left out for 2 hours but there was plenty of that time left). Grabbed a few more bits and brought home leftover celery/ cucumber and carrot.

Did a bit of prep for next week towards the end - had taken my rotary trimmer and thought I mght as well cut paper strips for weaving, rather than bringing next week as well. Have been resting since I got back and feeling the benefit. Also persuaded myself out of having a kebab and had hm soup for tea and leftover cucumber and carrot for supper (yum, yum).

Today I am grateful for just getting through the day, for no rain, for being able to find the bits I needed to take to crafts (lots more tidying needed). Also being able to put an outfit together (not sure where my clothes are and the bits I have don't really 'go' together (not talking co-ordinated, just not having big gaps or my bum showing).
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    NSDs - 15/15, did spend a bit on some stuff for work but have claimed it back out of petty cash so not counting it
    Report - 25/30
    Interests - no walk
    Love - perfume as usual
    Outside - nope, most fresh air I got was walking between the flat and car and work so about 3 mins total :rotfl:
    Organise - work stuff, currently on a night shift so getting on with lots of jobs
    Overpay - £3.94 paid to the debt
    Bad habit - did have a wee packet of crisps
    Gratitudes - snooze before night shift, catching up on lots of work, rain so I didn't need to water the garden

apple - thanks for offering to run May :)
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10796.88/£15000 (72% saved). Emergency fund - £1538.77/£2000 (76.9% saved).
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Think I!!!8217;m on 14 SFDs now. Work is busy and I have some mental stress going on. Might get alleviated today onwards but we!!!8217;ll see.

Swam yesterday and walked the dogs so feeling good about that :)
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,895 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Today will be NSD 15

DS2 surprised me with two sets of shoes with added ventilation (holes in the soles) so had to spend £25 after school. Should do him until end of term in July. Size 7. My purple boots are no longer safe. Except I don't think he has the leg muscles for steel toe caps.

Plasterer here! Yay!
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 789 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi All -

A:So today is a spend day - my cupboards are bare:rotfl: I don't think I can hold off any longer. So still on 14. I will get this 15th either Saturday or Sunday, likely I will not spend on either actually,
    P- Discussions are in place for me to start an extra day in September, my little boy starts his free 30 hours (although I have to pay 2 hours a day and pay a whopping £7 for lunch so actually it isn't free , more like half price but there you go) hub and I sat down last night & agreed that we will double our car payments in September, save up for xmas and our trip to Lapland UK and next year our holiday, will be a ten day visit to see my brother in Italy. House savings will same the same - £400 per month.
    R-Hello :T
    I- making Jam this weekend to use up some raspberries I have frozen
    L- getting my hair cut in the morning . I look like cousin it at the moment :o
    F- not much getting out today - work , shopping and bed probably
    O- not much organising other than bills and house work and the usual organising of life with 2 kids.
    O- I have no more money to over pay. I am starting to think about getting xmas stuff though.
    L- staying of my phone today
    S- grateful for - hub being on side with saving up for a house - chocolates from work as a belated birthday gift and having an amazing boss that I can chat to about childcare and they are so flexible with me :D
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 789 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I just bought my first 3 Christmas gifts. Feeling super organised :D
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Aim for at least 15 NSDs. Now 8/15
    Pay to your debt or savings first and live off the rest. - ok (done)
    Report in every day. ok
    Interests -- am going to ease myself back into fitness this month and read more -running total -3 walks, 1 gardening session, 6 books.
    Love yourself - using up face creams etc (micellar water, serums) on a daily basis - hoping my skin will benefit :)-
    Find time to get outside. - Only bit was hanging out the washing when I came home from work at lunchtime - and then when I came home tonight getting it back in again! :D
    Overpay - aim to pay 20% extra to your debt or savings. - Definitely done! - paid off OH's car early (end was Oct/ Nov this year) -Organise your month. - DS1's 18th birthday mid month. Have also ordered presents for DS3's birthday (late mid May) and bought some May cards
    Lose one bad habit. - a certain game which I've spent waaay too much time on in March.... - ok
    Sign off your daily post with a list of gratitudes. - yes :)
    Today I am grateful for:
    * the chance to come home in between sessions at work today - got washing hung out, vacuumed and had lunch here :)
    * my mum taking DS3 to school and collecting him tonight :)
    * cuddles from DS3
    * tomorrow is payday! :T
    Budgets:
    Food 356.96/450 - to update from Sat
    Travel 64.60/ £75
    Gifts (inc cards etc) 84.03/£150
    Toiletries 8.29/£10
    Cleaning 11.89/ £10
    Social 111.71/£150
    Clothing 132.60/ £75:o (OH 2 x boots, 1 x coat, DS1 Y13 Leavers Hoody)
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport