Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 23 April 2018 at 7:16PM
    Options
    A - 16/15 NSD achieved today.
    R - Done.
    I - Read a small bit of my book.
    L -Put coconut oil on and some perfume.
    F - Walked from school to bus stop after work..
    O - Done.
    O - Still ongoing.
    L - Ok with social media today.
    S - Grateful for:
    Getting through the day.
    Taking it easy tonight.
    Reasonable weather.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 780 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lavender bee ask away - I live in a quarter. We have only ever moved here though & I have been in the same house for 5 years xx
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,723 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Puddleglum -gulp! And well done! Good luck with the job hunting.

Today I am grateful for warmth, for good times with some pupils, for having the car, for getting my load of marking completed at work, for dd wearing her brownie uniform to school for St George's day (which meant that when she fell over whilst running, she only scraped her knees and hand rather than shredding them), for lovely work colleagues, for headspace.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • laurenh1
    Options
    I hope everyone has had a good start to the week. I am just looking at my cupboards and some recipe books to plan my meals for the week ahead.
    planning a trip to another English heritage place this weekend (I keep a track of how often I've used it so I can decide if it is worth renewing & also to make sure I do actually use it).
    Read my boy 2 more books today that we haven't read yet.
    the next thing on my list is using his electric car again. I think I will take him out in it on Saturday :)
  • lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,350 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry, was unable to check in again yesterday, not very good this month! Yesterday I went out horse riding, it was nice but the lady I tend to go out with loves talking and tells me the same things all the time :rotfl: bless her. Also did a mystery diner thing with OH so technically was a spend day even though we get the money back.

Today was due to be a NSD but I saw some cheap camera film online so I bought it. I must say I've failed horrendously at my spending fast :eek: I've still got money left but it's not what I had planned!
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £2,046.55 as of 04/24
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Aim for at least 15 NSDs. Now 7/15
    Pay to your debt or savings first and live off the rest. - ok (done)
    Report in every day. ok
    Interests -- am going to ease myself back into fitness this month and read more -running total -3 walks, 1 gardening session, 6 books.
    Love yourself - using up face creams etc (micellar water, serums) on a daily basis - hoping my skin will benefit :)-
    Find time to get outside. - Not today - working
    Overpay - aim to pay 20% extra to your debt or savings. - Definitely done! - paid off OH's car early (end was Oct/ Nov this year) -Organise your month. - DS1's 18th birthday mid month. Have also ordered presents for DS3's birthday (late mid May) and bought some May cards
    Lose one bad habit. - a certain game which I've spent waaay too much time on in March.... - ok
    Sign off your daily post with a list of gratitudes. - yes :)
    Today I am grateful for:
    * line dried washing
    * a chat with DS1 on the way home from school/ work
    * eating from the freezer
    Budgets:
    Food 327.58/450 - to update from Sat
    Travel 64.60/ £75
    Gifts (inc cards etc) 84.03/£150
    Toiletries 8.29/£10
    Cleaning 11.89/ £10
    Social 85.50/£150 - (pub & bday lunch)
    Clothing 132.60/ £75:o (OH 2 x boots, 1 x coat, DS1 Y13 Leavers Hoody)
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • swimminginaseaofdebt
    swimminginaseaofdebt Posts: 942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 24 April 2018 at 10:05PM
    Options
    Evening everyone :hello:

NSD #9 for me today.

Received £50 from YouGov bringing my extra income for the month to £80.13/£93.

Sent £25 to the holiday savings and £25 to the full and final fund.

My mobile phone contract ran out so I swapped to a sim only deal. Will be saving myself £15 a month from June so will swipe that money into my full and final fund.

I'm also getting an extra £171 in my wages at the end of this month. Something to do with them not paying us the correct amount for overtime we did. They came to an agreement with the union to backdate it from Apr 16 to Mar 18 so I wasn't expecting any as I went on maternity leave mid Jun 16 and haven't done any since going back last year. But apparently I did some overtime May and Jun 16 before going off and that's were the payment has come from.

Have read a bit of my book.

Today I'm grateful for having a good day financially!
    VSPC 2019 #10 - £168.80/£100 VSPC 2020 #4 - £262.03/£200 VSPC 2021 #9 - £242.88/£200 VSPC 2022 #3 - £188.03/£200 VSPC 2023 #7 - £0/£200
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,880 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    NSDs - 14/15, a spend day today as was at the dentist and did the weekly shop
    Report - 23/30
    Interests - walked to the dentist and back
    Love - usual perfume
    Outside - my walk plus a little time in the garden after work
    Organise - work stuff
    Overpay - nothing today
    Bad habit - no crisps
    Gratitudes - getting my payslip, cheap dentist visit and a funny postcard from my sister :D
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10789.83/£15000 (71.9% saved). Emergency fund - £1525.51/£2000 (76.3% saved).
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    DH had a dentist appointment yesterday and had to pay, it was just a check up though and budgeted for.

Last week I saw a lovely M&S winter coat in a CS, it was £4.99 but DD put me off it, anyway I popped back yesterday to try it on if they still had it, due to the warm weather they had moved it to the sale rail and marked it down to £1.99. I bought it and am very chuffed with it.

Saw DS onto the bus this morning and will take DD to the dentist soon, the dentist is miles away and school is miles away from that so it will be a morning of running around. When I get home I am going to bake some muffins for lunchboxes, walk the dog, ring my mum by which time it will be lunchtime.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • laurenh1
    Options
    Hi all,

Just a quick check in while at the hospital waiting for my appointment.

A- NSD # 13. I thought today would be a spend day but I used M&S vouchers to buy milk & margarine as there is an M&S right next to the hospital. The only other expense has been parking again I Parked at m&s as it was 50p rather than the usual hospital rate. I usually hate paying to park when I shop at M&S but today it's a bargain :)
    P- budgets still the same I have nothing really until Friday now :rotfl:
    R- hello :o
    I- no baking whilst I an at work :(
    L- lots of reading to do tonight :o Helps me relax
    F- just sorting the chickens this morning
    O- still working my way through the cupboards :D
    O- going to put my change from the money I drew out to park in our family pot
    L- not much phone use today :cool:
    S- grateful my boss asked me which hospital I was going to . Had she not asked I wouldn't have checked & gone to the completely wrong one :eek: Grateful I have two healthy baby boys , they suspect my back pain is endromitos & if it is & it causes fertility problems, it's not the end of the world .& grateful for my baby looking adorable in his summer shirt - another hand me down , bless his heart !,
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure