NST April 2018: April Fool's Challenge

Options

Comments

• LavenderBee
    Options
    Oops, another quick one. NSD 14/18 today. Need to spend Monday, Wednesday and Sunday next week though... not much margin for error.

Grateful for: thinking to bring a fan to bed so I can stay cool and read, a chilled out day, finishing my spring clean (actually achieved yesterday) and not having any pollen issues so far. I don't often suffer, but it has been known. Being really-quite-pregnant and lots of sneezing sound like a bad idea to me...
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,880 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    NSDs - 14/15 :)
    Report - 22/30
    Interests - no walks today
    Love - just usual perfume
    Outside - spent the whole day inside :(
    Organise - nothing
    Overpay - £2.13 paid to the debt
    Bad habit - no crisps
    Gratitudes - getting through the day and now home with my feet up :D
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10789.83/£15000 (71.9% saved). Emergency fund - £1525.51/£2000 (76.3% saved).
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi all:j

Just a quick check in from beautiful West Cork - not caught up on all posts as not much internet connection - but thanks all for the well wishes for my hols!

Very rough crossing so not much sleep & then a long drive from Dublin down here, but caught up on sleep now & the nice weather followed us over.

No more NSDS as we are out & about every day but it's all been saved for.

Grateful for - good weather, some interesting trips out including a stone circle, lovely food & great people. Animals all ok at home, DD coping with them, job & house sitting.

Will try & check in if I have Internet.

Pampering self by getting made up etc every day.
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • Debtfreewannabme
    Options
    Hello I have been awol this month. Mostly because I went back to work from mat leave but also because we went on a planned holiday. Since becoming debt free we have loosened the belt as it were but I'm pulling it back in! We have had some lovely news abt PPI and now have a great 3 month emergency fund, we also have money saved up for my childrens nursery fees till the end of December and this month will mark us officially saving for our first home. We are very excited but know its back to being more careful with money. I will catch up later with everyones posts but hope you are all well. I'm definately back for the May challenge xx
    I am now debt free:T - 20/03/18. Whatever your situation - just.keep.going!
    [STRIKE][/STRIKE][STRIKE][/STRIKE]EF £1000/£1000 goal
    [STRIKE][/STRIKE][STRIKE][/STRIKE]CHILDCARE Savings goal £600/£600
    EF 3 month goal £2,000/£3,500
    HOUSE DEPOSIT £0/£20,000
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Popped into town yesterday and ended up buying two pairs of trousers for me, I buy pretty much all our clothes from CS's so it was only £7 for the two, also got DS a pair of shorts and a hoodie on Saturday.

I need to buy DS some new trainers soon so will probably budget for that in May. Have to send DS to school on the bus tomorrow as I am taking DD to the orthodontist then dropping her off at school, unfortunately none of us can remember how much the bus fare is now so I am sending him with plenty of change.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 780 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Congrats debt free wanna be me!!

I am only just getting up :eek: Hard night with the kids. My LO is teething & I have been up all night with him. He is such a joy though even when he is sad.

A- today is NSD #12 /15. I will need to spend tomorrow as our cupboards are bare.
    P- budgets are the same. I have £7 left until Friday :rotfl:
    R- hello :o
    I- breakfast wraps this morning.
    L- more reading & a long bath planned for tonight.

F- off into the garden with the boys.
    O- still trying to eat through the random bits in my freezer. I have some raspberries in there I will make jam with next weekend.
    O- no more overpaying :(
    L- staying off my phone.
    S- grateful for my MIL coming through next week to help out while hubs away. The boy finally going to sleep & my hub working so hard :o
  • LavenderBee
    LavenderBee Posts: 350 Forumite
    Options
    Spend day, £15 on a birthday gift. I'd budgeted £15 for card and gift, but already spent £2.20 on a card (as none in my stash were suitable), and then the recipient asked for something more expensive than I was expecting. So the £2.20 comes out of personal spends.

It's a separate budget, but I also ordered our night time reusable nappies today. They're going to be for when little one is probably about 6months+ but we've got so much on our plates until then that I don't think we'd get enough use out of the first size before they grow out of them. Eco-disposables at night time until then.

I'm pregnancy poorly-sick so struggling for gratitudes at the moment. However I've only got one more weekend til hubby is home so let's go with that :)

laurenh do you mind me asking if you live on patch? We're moving when the baby will be 1 or 2 months old and I did some research at the weekend about what we need to do (we own our own house, not had a quarter before). All looks more complicated than I thought, not to mention the physical logistics, or the fact I'm going to have a newborn to contend with at the same time...
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,882 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    not having any pollen issues so far. I don't often suffer, but it has been known. Being really-quite-pregnant and lots of sneezing sound like a bad idea to me...

Being pregnant and not being able to take anti-histamines is v bad!
    Very glad you are not having issues..
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,882 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Today was NSD 13

Cleaning, clearing and tidying.

Massacred ants - they were trespassing. Now I am worrying about Karma.
    they are allowed to be in their house, but they should not be in my house.

Kitchen bin emptied and washed out - will take it out every night for a while to see if that solves the problem. Descaled the kettle while I was at it.

Baked some scones and sponge buns for lunchboxes.
    Baked potatoes and salad for supper.

Still need to make pasties for tomorrow's lunchboxes.

Grateful for:
    having a plan,:D
    the house being 90% tidy and hoovered,:)
    Laundry drying on the line (not the tumble dryer):)
    Happy kids
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • Puddleglum
    Puddleglum Posts: 851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    11 NSDs to report now. I handed in my notice at work today so now really have to focus on the career change and making money. Eek, I thought I was prepared but now realise that I'm not!

Grateful for the Internet and lots of positive people to help me along.
    "A thousand candles can be lit from a single candle without shortening the life of that candle."

I still am Puddleglum - phew!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport