Options

Comments

• laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 787 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all

A-today is NSD #15 :j I am hoping nothing tomorrow or Monday either
    P- budgets set for April. We have about *£200. Not amazing but doable if I'm careful.
    R- hello-
    I-made a few jars of jam finally
    L- more reading tonight
    F- staying inside today will plan something if the weathers OK tomorrow.
    O- organising my cupboards to make sure things get eaten
    O- no more over payments until next month.
    L- putting phone away now.
    S- grateful for all the things I can do with eggs ,a coupon for a cheap MOT & frozen blackberries I found which I chucked in the jam :D
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,731 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    mothernerd - enjoy Whitby and the festival! It's an awesome place.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    May is live:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5835890

Please tell me if you spot any errors!!!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    ps - if you were around 3 years ago, then you may recognise the challenge, as it's almost a copy of what I did in 2015. Apologies, but I'm short on inspiration this time around!
  • x_raphael_xx
    x_raphael_xx Posts: 4,321 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    dolly84 wrote: »
    raphael - you need to report that man and his dog to the dog warden.
    I think he's been reported before. His dog has attacked others, but doesn't ever do any 'damage'. Duncan got away with a bit of a shock and covered in saliva.
    He's an old guy living on his own, I think the dogs are all he has, I estimate the dog is about 11-12 years old too, so (not to be nasty) but I doubt it will be around for much longer anyway.

I actually met him out again today around the same time but further back on the path so we spotted each other at a distance. I was surprised and pleased when he stopped her to put on her lead as we passed.
    I think I will just take a different path if I take Duncan out around 3:30 again.

Busy in work today, I still had a ton of accounts stuff to catch up on, so only got on the phones for an hour. But that hour was mad as everyone in the city wanted a taxi at the same time to go to the footie match. Very glad to get away.

Got home, bathed the tortoise, took Duncan out, now slumping on the sofa. BF has been paid early & paid me his half the bills, so I have updated the budget spreadsheet. Watched a couple of vids with BF. Added some recipes into the 'write your own' recipe book.
    Been invited to a 2nd birthday party on Monday, I may be able to attend depending on how smoothly rent day goes and if I can get away on time from work.
    Looking forward to my day off tomorrow.

A
    im for at least [STRIKE]15[/STRIKE] 22 NSDs. 19/22 NSDs. No spends today.
    [STRIKE]Pay to your debt first.[/STRIKE] Mums monthly payment made.
    Report in every day. Back again
    Interests - Gaming. Watching more youtube playthrus, this time with BF.
    Love yourself.
    Find time to get outside. BF in work early so I had both morning and afternoon walkie dutys.
    Overpay - More surveys.
    Organise your month. May have to source out a b'day card and present (£10 note) for the baby.
    Lose one bad habit. - Not practicing my sax. Feeling too tired to practice today.
    Sign off with a gratitude. Today I am grateful for Pizza for tea.
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!

EF Challenger #3 £138.36 / £5000
    MFW 2024 #100 £00.00 / £10,000

MFiT #40 Jan 2025 Target - £99,999.00
    Mortgage at 30/09/22 £113,694.11 | Mortgage at 24/01/23 £110,707.87
    Mortgage at 21/04/23 £107,701.01 | Mortgage at 20/07/23 £106,979.65
    Mortgage at 04/10/23 £106,253.77 | Mortgage at 10/01/24 £105,324.57
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Today I am grateful for fleecy material, for lavender, for dd loving dance, for catching up with a friend there, for dh cracking on with stuff he needs to do, for rugby on the telly, for yummy food, for the blossom on my apple trees.
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,895 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Yesterday was not a NSD as I paid the plasterer
    Today was not as I took DS 3 & 4 to the pictures to see Early Man.
    They liked it. Less than a tenner overall.

So still on #15

Happy weekend everyone
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • Puddleglum
    Puddleglum Posts: 851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I've been awol for a few days.

On NSD 14/15 and should make 15/15 if not 16/15. This month has been very positive. Roll on May!
    "A thousand candles can be lit from a single candle without shortening the life of that candle."

I still am Puddleglum - phew!
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    apple muncher and mothernerd - Thank you.
    A - 17/15 Was a spend day. Brought ticket for a show at a local theatre, raffle tickets in support of local theatre, programme for play I went to see today and a Chinese takeaway.
    R - Done.
    I - Did not do anything today.
    L - Just put on some perfume.
    F - Walked to and from bus stop to Mum's grave and Dad's house.
    O - Done.
    O - Still ongoing.
    L - Ok with social media today.
    S - Grateful for:
    My brother, sister and I being in agreement over my Dad's will. Thankfully we all get on.
    Enjoying the murder mystery play I went to see.
    Having a good night's sleep.
    Phoning up to sort out my tax code first thing and did not have to wait at all for call agent to deal with my enquiry.
    Spent a couple of hours round my friend's.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I've had a lovely but very long and tiring day. Loads of beautiful outfits, lots of velvet. Ladies in the lush and voluptuous mould rather than vampirish thin. Many of them as old or older than me.

Lots of men in top hats with steam punk additions ('brass binoculars' ) and lots of Captain Jacks (Sparrow, that is, not Harkness), Many beautiful dogs all breeds and sizes including a black labrador who definitely wasn't a sea dog - he kept standing up and looking at the boat deck, trying to work out why the floor was moving.

A wonderful vamped up VW camper van that looked like a steam punk/ New Orleans funeral hearse mash up. Very crowded in places so stepped in a few charity shops but not much room to loook around.

Took it easy and did the boat trip round the bay, very choppy. Followed a little later by the open top bus tour (could get on and off at any of the stops) which took me up to the Abbey (didn't think it was a 199 step day - the coach ones were enough).

Have spent money but less than the £20 mum gave me. The coach dropped us by the co-op and that was the pick up point as well so after going round the Abbey, I got back on the tour bus and got off at the co-op, nipped in for shopping so I don't need to spend tomorrow. Got home at 8.45pm.

Today I am grateful for being able to get myself ready, for taking some food and 2l of water with me, for buying food for the return trip in a SM rather than accepting the limited options at the service station, for finding several things I needed at the SM and finding mini toiletries on the reduced rack (will put away for holidays), for the weather being wonderful (warm enough, rain held off), for seeing a rainbow segment on the way home, for the magical feeling of being on the highest motorway in the country, 1221 feet at the summit. I say magical because the slopes are fairly gradual, you see a view, then it's blocked by motorway landscaping, then still plenty to look up at and then finally there is no 'up', everything is spread out below you. Now as many lambs in the fields as sheep (none at the beginning of the month). Lots of calves and a few foals as well.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport