NST April 2018: April Fool's Challenge

Options

Comments

• greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 29 April 2018 at 8:21AM
    Options
    The day out sounds lovely, mothernerd :)

Aim for at least 15 NSDs. Still 8/15
    Pay to your debt or savings first and live off the rest. - ok (done)
    Report in every day. ok
    Interests -- am going to ease myself back into fitness this month and read more -running total -3 walks, 1 gardening session, 6 books.
    Love yourself - using up face creams etc (micellar water, serums) on a daily basis - hoping my skin will benefit :)-
    Find time to get outside. - No - FRi was working/ rainy. Yesterday was busy but nothing outside
    Overpay - aim to pay 20% extra to your debt or savings. - Definitely done! - paid off OH's car early (end was Oct/ Nov this year) Also paid off OH's 0% CC debt :T -Organise your month. - DS1's 18th birthday mid month. Have also ordered presents for DS3's birthday (late mid May) and bought some May cards
    Lose one bad habit. - a certain game which I've spent waaay too much time on in March.... - ok
    Sign off your daily post with a list of gratitudes. - yes :)
    Today I am grateful for:
    * family
    * catching up with friends not seen for a couple of years
    * health (only have niggles to 'worry' about, nothing serious)
    * good food
    * laughter
    * the end of a long week (mentally) at work
    * payday on Friday :)
    * DS1(18) 'babysitting' DS2(12) and DS3 (8) whilst we went out twice yesterday :)

Budgets:
    Food 372.54/450
    Travel 64.60/ £75
    Gifts (inc cards etc) 84.03/£150
    Toiletries 8.29/£10
    Cleaning 11.89/ £10
    Social 111.71/£150
    Clothing 132.60/ £75:o (OH 2 x boots, 1 x coat, DS1 Y13 Leavers Hoody)
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,731 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    That sunds like a wonderful day,mothernerd. Enjoy a restful day today.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 787 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone :)

A- today might be a spend day. I am off to the local duck race next Monday and I want to buy a ticket. There only one pound and although I don't need to buy a ticket to watch I am happy to support the town. Plus it does provide a nice day out for a couple of quid. My littlies with love it :o
    P- budgets set for May.
    R- hello :D
    I- no baking today but I am going to make a chilli in my slow cooker to freeze.
    L- planning to start a new book tonight
    F-off to the local castle with my boys.
    O- not much organising other than my usual stuff.
    L- will be keeping an eye on my phone use .
    S- grateful for - hub being home soon, another month of being able to pay into 2 help to buys (one each) we always knew it would be tight & just thought we would see how far we get. living in such s beautiful place , makes free days out easy enough
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    For yesterday

NSDs - spent nothing so 17/15
    Report - 29/30
    Interests - no walk but planning to go one today
    Love - using my new skincare stuff
    Outside - pottered about the garden for a bit
    Organise - next month's budget is all set
    Overpay - nothing
    Bad habit - no crisps
    Gratitudes - a lovely day at home with OH, watching a film, ironing pile is now at 0 :D
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10796.88/£15000 (72% saved). Emergency fund - £1538.77/£2000 (76.9% saved).
  • indigowarrior
    Options
    I am back on the wagon and determined to take control. Its a bit of a difficult day really but I am dealing with it as optimistically as I can. Today will be a No Spend day.
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Been cycling today, it was really cold again so we're still having to wear base layers and head scarves.

Nipped into town this afternoon to an artisan food market, bought some scones, a giant muffin and some chips. The scones will go in lunchboxes but the other things were eaten.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,731 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today I am grateful for my dh, for dd doing her maths hwk, for keeping off the caffeine, for trying a new recipe cake (epic fail! But still yummy to eat), for my warm coat, for hide and seek with dd, for getting some reading done that I'll need in the next few weeks.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I do not have ducks
    or a row.
    I have squirrels.
    and they're everywhere.

It made me laugh (and it's how I feel a lot of the time).

Yesterday was awesome and today I have rested. Tired isn't the right word. I'm a dormouse, warm, curled up, happy and very very sleepy. Still of a 12 hour day out of the house, 4 hours were spent in Whitby and about 4 each way (less a 1/2 hour stop) in travelling. Not that long ago a one hour bus journey would exhaust me.

Mainly today has been recharging my batteries (sleeping, reading, a little puzzling). Need to get something done so I don't feel that I have 'wasted' the day (especially when things get frantic again). Probably in a good mood for 'taking a step back and looking at things' and working how to do them in less time and using less effort. Think we don't have any appointments this week, so with a little organisation I will make good progress (positive upgrade then, from could, would or should).

Today I am grateful for sunshine, easy food from the freezer, a time of relaxation and reflection, the blossom on the trees, feeling peaceful and warm.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,449 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Today I am grateful for my dh, for dd doing her maths hwk, for keeping off the caffeine, for trying a new recipe cake (epic fail! But still yummy to eat), for my warm coat, for hide and seek with dd, for getting some reading done that I'll need in the next few weeks.

IMHO, a cake is never a failure if it is yummy to eat :D
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Aim for at least 15 NSDs. Still 8/15
    Pay to your debt or savings first and live off the rest. - ok (done)
    Report in every day. ok
    Interests -- -running total -3 walks, 1 gardening session, 6 books.
    Love yourself - using up face creams etc (micellar water, serums) on a daily basis - hoping my skin will benefit :)-
    Find time to get outside. - Nope, other than hanging out/ getting in washing
    Overpay - aim to pay 20% extra to your debt or savings. - Definitely done! - paid off OH's car early (end was Oct/ Nov this year) Also paid off OH's 0% CC debt :T -Organise your month. - DS1's 18th birthday mid month. Have also ordered presents for DS3's birthday (late mid May) and bought some May cards
    Lose one bad habit. - a certain game which I've spent waaay too much time on in March.... - ok
    Sign off your daily post with a list of gratitudes. - yes :)
    Today I am grateful for:
    * catching up on the ironing to a boxset on tv (2nd series)
    * getting the Tesc0 shop done early - and super quick
    * getting some reading done (informative)
    * a new blog to read (will detail it on May ;))
    * a prompt fleabay purchaser (large toy item of DS1's)

Budgets:
    Food 423.13/450
    Travel 69.00/ £75
    Gifts (inc cards etc) 84.03/£150
    Toiletries 8.29/£10
    Cleaning 11.89/ £10
    Social 124.71/£150
    Clothing 132.60/ £75:o (OH 2 x boots, 1 x coat, DS1 Y13 Leavers Hoody)
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport