NST April 2018: April Fool's Challenge

Options

Comments

• LavenderBee
    LavenderBee Posts: 350 Forumite
    Options
    Happy new car Apple!

An unexpected spend day - my cat has kindly thrown up a couple of times recently and I was dangerously low on carpet stain remover. It all felt a bit perilous so I bought another one for the cupboard in case there isn't "just one more go" in the old bottle. Between pets, clumsy me and a newborn it'll get used... Also bought myself some rocket (a healthy pregnancy craving), and put money in a collection at work.

NSD: 11/18
    Groceries: 93.91/200
    Personal: 57.52/80
    Gifts: 2.20/15 (this may need topping up as the recipient has asked for something more expensive :()
    Diesel: 51.06/60

No chores, hobbies or self loving today. Just been one to get through!
  • swimminginaseaofdebt
    swimminginaseaofdebt Posts: 942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 17 April 2018 at 10:45PM
    Options
    Evening everyone :hello:

Didn't get a chance to check in yesterday but had a NSD and another today. That's me at 7 now.

Sent £21.36 to the full & final fund which now stands at £96.36/£2100.

Have chased up a refund I was due from Debenhams so that's £100 winging its way towards me to be divided up between my pots.

Missed my regular bus on the way back from picking the wee one up from the childminders so took an alternative one that dropped me off further from home and walked back the rest of the way.

Have been reading my book on the way to and from work and during breaks.

Managed to grab a shower this evening, small victories.

Wanted to do a wash ready for hanging outside tomorrow but it's a little late now. Ah well.
    VSPC 2019 #10 - £168.80/£100 VSPC 2020 #4 - £262.03/£200 VSPC 2021 #9 - £242.88/£200 VSPC 2022 #3 - £188.03/£200 VSPC 2023 #7 - £0/£200
  • LavenderBee
    Options
    I meant precarious. Flaming autocorrect...
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    NSDs - 10/15, spent £10.27 on toiletries and cleaning supplies
    Report - 17/30
    Interests - went for a walk after work
    Love - perfume on for work
    Outside - had a lovely walk round the park
    Overpay - nothing today
    Organise - just work stuff
    Bad habit - no crisps
    Gratitudes - seeing all the daffodils in the park, hm fish and chips for tea and a good chat with my sister
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10802.94/£15000 (72% saved). Emergency fund - £1550.15/£2000 (77.5% saved).
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    SFD number 11 yesterday. Should be going swimming tonight but that!!!8217;s prespaid for. Looking forward to the warm weather that!!!8217;s arriving today :)
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • DancingDragons
    Options
    Internet's being dodgy, so quick update & will read later. Yesterday turned out to be spendy - our wedding anniversary and we over spent. I don't feel guilty. Two-for-oned tickets, and two dine for a tenner M&S.
    Not as glam as the friends FB posts, but enjoyable all the same.
    More spending today, pre-budgeted, but really, do feel guilty for going to hairdressers. I'm going to put it under Love Yourself.
    Remember the suncream today folks! I plan to make the most of our one day summer in Yorkshire. ;)
    Debt Free April 2019:j to July 2019 :( NEW WTC:eek:1,194
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 18 April 2018 at 8:49AM
    Options
    Good morning, really looking fwd to the warmer weather too.

The mysterious pending £180 have now disappeared from my Cc. Today should hopefully be another SFD and I might get a wee free poly tunnel from a colleague.

Have a nice day

EDIT. Good news is the insurance claim for the hire car damage went through successfully. Always a bit doubtful for some reason.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Had a puncture on the way home from the school run today, no spare either. Am in the AA so they put a temporary tyre on and followed me home. Luckily DH is off work tomorrow so he will be able to get a replacement tyre. He has to finish work early today too to pick the kids up, he wasn't happy about it but I'm not sure what he expected me to do.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 799 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good afternoon lovely turtles

A- Today is a spend day, I have been eyeing up some books from amazon and decided to buy them with the £5 credit off a £25 spend. Plus I need to go to Aldi tonight anyway as I am dangerously close to running out of nappies/milk/cat food.
    P-having a chat with hub tonight to see if we can use some of our EF more productively. Only 4 months left of not having much spare & I am so excited to see the end of it. Need to chat to work about potentially upping my hours too in September.
    R- Hello :T
    I- no baking today, although I have made the soup I am having for my dinner. Trying to make more healthy choices and I tried Courgette spirals mixed in with my spaghetti pasta on Monday- it was lovely and the kids ate it which is a bonus.
    L- treated myself to the books, not very :money: I know.

F- planning to take the kids to the park tonight for 10 mins. Lots of outdoor things planned for the weekend.
    0-not much organising other than looking at our bills.
    0- not a lot of room to over pay. although I have had a slight pay increase. It is only small, but enough to help cover the cost of our additional pension payments. I don't want to give this up, i know I need to pay as much as I can in to it but while I am not making any profit from coming to work, it stings a little to lose even slightly more. so I am chuffed by the rise.
    L- left my phone at home today :D accidental but still.
    S- Grateful for the sunshine, my lovely boss bringing me in some of her old clothes, she wears much more designer stuff than me and I am always chuffed to get her hand me downs :D and for my baby boy being dressed up as a dinosaur when I dropped his nappies into nursery :o
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Today will not be a NSD as DS1's mattress topper will not fit in the 7kg washing machine. So I will toddle down to the launderette and avail myself of their large washers. Then will line dry it in the hot summer sunshine. and hopefully get it back on the bed before DS1 comes home tonight. So an unexpected unplanned for spend. Not much of a spend, but still, hopefully his room will smell sweeter.

Booked in a plasterer for next week. Loving myself by improving my living circumstances and then beginning a unique skin care regime of white emulsion therapy.

Missing DS1 even though I never see him, he comes home today. Probably starving and knackered. Would not fancy being on a coach today - warm weather forecast. Boo.

Grateful for anti-histimines - eyes itching out of my head already. Breathing hurts, it burns.
    Grateful DS1 will be home tonight (he was warned not to come home pregnant)

Planned unplanned spend - £40 on a decent sized flat screen tv for DS2's room so he stops stealing mine. I have been meaning to get one, but not got round to it yet. So did it today while I had to spend anyway.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport