NST April 2018: April Fool's Challenge

Options

Comments

• misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,880 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    For yesterday
    NSDs - 11/15, today won't be a NSD as we need milk and a few other bits plus I've got a meal out with the girls
    Report - 18/30
    Interests - nothing
    Love - perfume on as usual
    Outside - spent a wee bit of time out in the garden after work
    Overpay - nothing
    Organise - just work stuff
    Bad habits - no crisps
    Gratitudes - OH tidying the flat, hm scone and butter, sunshine, a slightly less stressful day at work
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10789.83/£15000 (71.9% saved). Emergency fund - £1525.51/£2000 (76.3% saved).
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,723 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Greent - well done on paying off dh's car! Is the btl the next target?
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Kerry Woman - good to hear you got your bag back.

DH is going to get my new tyre today, that's £49 we weren't expecting to spend but we do have a car expenses pot to take it from.

DH is off work today and tomorrow, he only went back after a week off on Monday but he doesn't get paid overtime he gets the time off in lieu, and he wasn't going to pass up on 2 days of sunshine. We are going cycling this morning, then the tyre and after lunch we will take the dog for a long walk.

Did a grocery shop last night, only 1 more grocery shop left for my April budget plus any other bits and we still have quite a bit left so any leftover will go in one of my savings pots.

Ordered 2 tubes of DD's moisturiser yesterday as it was 1/3 off in Superdrug and free delivery, she has to use a specific type due to eczema but it lasts quite a few months and was only £6 ish per tube.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • LavenderBee
    LavenderBee Posts: 350 Forumite
    Options
    NSD 13/18 here.

Checked my purse and my 'only spend the random change that's in my purse' challenge won't work, got a family meal to pay for, and whilst I'm not eating much in one go at the moment it won't cover that and the fact that I need two weekend's worth of salad veggies.
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello,

no SFD today. Will need a small top up shop tonight. Must do better.

Swam today and HM lunch, but bought snacks as I had my wallet and no self control.

On a more positive note. Managed to read for 3 hrs last night as the telly stayed off as DH needed to work.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,350 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening all,

Wasn't able to check in yesterday but it was a spend day as I went swimming after work. Am really enjoying it again and just want to go all the time! Spent the rest of the evening dismantling my new old camera to fix the aperture.

Today was a spend day too as I bought a leaving card for someone at work, and also some lighter fluid (to assist with said camera repairs).

Grateful for the sunshine, it finally feels like spring (or more like summer!), for tinkering with my camera and rediscovering an old hobby, and for swimming, another old hobby I suppose!
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £2,046.55 as of 04/24
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 19 April 2018 at 7:28PM
    Options
    A - 13/15 NSD achieved today.
    R - Done.
    I - Read book before work and at lunchtime. Did some mindfulness colouring and wordsearch.
    L - Used coconut oil on my skin and put on perfume. Put lavender oil in burner this evening.
    F - Only walked in the school playground to get a student and with a student to pick up his bike.
    O - Done.
    O - Still ongoing.
    L - Ok with social media today.
    S - Grateful for:
    Achieving quite a bit in work.
    Having a chilled out evening.
    A good night sleep.
    Using money on my c00p membership card to get 2 reduced yumyums. Were reduced to 10p each from 40p.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Greent - well done on paying off dh's car! Is the btl the next target?

Thanks, apple! :) I also have 5k on a 0% CC from the kitchen (0% end date 25 months from now), so will tackle that alongside BTL - come December I only want the BTL as debt :)

Aim for at least 15 NSDs. Still 6/15 Tesco...
    Pay to your debt or savings first and live off the rest. - ok (done)
    Report in every day. ok
    Interests -- am going to ease myself back into fitness this month and read more -running total -2 walks, 1 gardening session, 6 books.
    Love yourself - using up face creams etc (micellar water, serums) on a daily basis - hoping my skin will benefit :)-
    Find time to get outside. - Another glorious day. Doors and windows open and ate outside earlier :)
    Overpay - aim to pay 20% extra to your debt or savings. - Definitely done! - paid off OH's car early (end was Oct/ Nov this year) -Organise your month. - DS1's 18th birthday mid month. Have also ordered presents for DS3's birthday (late mid May) and bought some May cards
    Lose one bad habit. - a certain game which I've spent waaay too much time on in March.... - did play it today :o:(
    Sign off your daily post with a list of gratitudes. - yes :)
    Today I am grateful for:
    *line dried washing
    * beautiful, glorious, warming sunshine!
    * sorting paperwork
    * DS3 being cute
    * OH getting back early from working away
    Budgets:
    Food 283.40/450
    Travel 64.60/ £75
    Gifts (inc cards etc) 84.03/£150
    Toiletries 8.29/£10
    Cleaning 11.19/ £10 (stocked up on dwasher tabs)
    Social 85.50/£150 - (pub & bday lunch)
    Clothing 132.60/ £75:o (OH 2 x boots, 1 x coat, DS1 Y13 Leavers Hoody)
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,723 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today I am grateful for the sunshine, for cheerful pupils, for open windows on the buses letting in the wind, for dd playing out the back and climbing trees, for getting a workout done, for cutting out more elephants, for a very useful chat with the bursar's assistant at work.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Yesterday was a NSD and a write off in every other way. wanted to go to crafts, felt good when I woke up but could only get off the bed using a convenient door knob. Had abath and started to get ready but at 11.30 am admitted that it wasn't going to happen (even with taxis) so sent apologies.

Walking a little better today. Therapist appointment was an hour earlier than usual (no sleep night but lots of resting) so that was today's challenge. Good session, have targets for embroidery and general crafts (pick 3 projects to concentrate on and pack the rest away) plus have a much more aggressive sort out of craft stuff. 15 minutes an hour working on the mess (bedroom first, then kitchen) and no laptop after 10pm, then reading until I fall asleeep (he suggested one hour reading but may turn into 3 or 5).

Came back to eat and drink (mostly cheese spread on wraps today), then read and rested. Just after 4pm I went out to tackle the shopping, did quite well with thngs on mum's list + a few bits I needed (bought Vitamin d tablets last week at the pharmacy but they were chewable and peppermint, so have given them to beloved). Had a taxi back, but mum is paying for that one (3 large coir compost packs and a screen to hide the falling to pieces shed).

Went out again at 8pm to little arseda which was a real struggle - need to go in the morning to get bread, milk and mash potato for mum as I was trying not to make it too heavy.

Today I am grateful for walking better, being in less pain, for enjoying the sunshine and cool breeze whilst waiting for my taxi and for getting the shopping done. Very grateful for the bulk shops done last week as I know mum is in no danger of starving and this is just 'bits'.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport