We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

NST April 2018: April Fool's Challenge

Options

Comments

• Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    mothernerd - Sending you hugs.
    A - 10/15 NSD achieved today.
    R - Done.
    I - Read book during lunch time.
    L - Used coconut oil on my skin and put on perfume.
    F - Walked to and from bus stop/work.
    O - Done.
    O - Still ongoing.
    L - Ok with social media today.
    S - Grateful for:
    Had a decent night's sleep.
    No trouble getting up for work.
    Had a pretty good day back at work.
    Went round friend's after work for a couple of hours.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,793 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today I am grateful for such lovely weather, a good day at work, birdsong, helpful bus drivers, catching up with a couple of people, t'interweb and all its riches, dd enjoying her first day back, dh making dinner, cutting out some more moose and elephant bits, not needing ibu gel + a heatpad - handing them over to mothernerd for now.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,954 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    NSD 10

Made pizza for tea and a lemon tart for pud.

Finished stripping hall, just need a plasterer now. The last one is too busy.
    Cleared out top floor bedrooms (3)
    Stripped DS1s bed and will wash his matress topper while he is away on his school field trip. Will get it out on the line. His room smells of boys.

Used up a small tube of hand cream on my hands. Much needed after the wallpaper stripping.

Necking anti-histimines like they are going out of fashion.

Grateful today for washing machines. cars. mangoes and anti-histamines.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • DancingDragons
    Options
    Spendy day for me, but getting some bits for an upcoming trip - not a budgeted spend, but didn't know I needed them until the venue emailed. I did use a voucher to bring down the price that was due to run out.
    Took mum shopping, always enjoy pottering about with mum. No rushing with her.
    Fixed the signal in the bedroom. Wifi reaches again - so avoided buying a extender. Fixed DD1's dvd player. Tidied rooms, cleaned.
    Made SW friendly chocolate cake...(How many eggs?!)
    Found time for a cuppa ;)

Hope you won't be counting too many bruises in the morning, Mothernerd.

Bag of bits to CS.
    Gratitudes:Goldfinches, Blackbirds and hawks making themselves known. Dawn. Spending time with mum. DD owning up to minor things. Me being a voucher hoarder.
    Debt Free April 2019:j to July 2019 :( NEW WTC:eek:1,194
  • FrankieM
    FrankieM Posts: 2,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    And I'm back. I've given myself a good talking to.

11 NSD
    7 days of meditation
    still 0 days walking
    9 days not snacking
    And I'm grateful for:
    Grandchildren that make me smile
    People cooking me meals
    A book to read
    And the sunny weather :)
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thanks for all the hugs. I did get the washing in the machine, when I went downstairs to find something to eat. I also put a few things out on the line but wincing every step of the way.

Mum also said I might be stiffer tomorrow but I must try to get to the doctor's (at least one bit of me can be sorted out).

Have made birdhouses and beach huts from cardboard and paper, cut out tulips, leaves and a few other bits and am covering boxes with wallpaper (want the scraps for my birdhouses).

Grateful for resting, for a variety of things to keep me occupied and food from the freezer.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    NSDs - 10/15 :D
    Report - 16/30
    Interests - no walk today, must do one tomorrow
    Love - some mascara and lipstick on for work today, wore one of my new tops
    Outside - spent an hour out in the garden after work planting onions and potatoes
    Overpay - nothing today
    Organise - got tea out with the girls on Thursday so had a look for vouchers
    Bad habits - no crisps
    Gratitudes - sunshine, actually finishing work on time :D, doing some gardening, yummy leftovers for tea
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10814.10/£15000 (72.1% saved). Emergency fund - £1562.44/£2000 (78.1% saved).
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi all :j

Aim for at least 15 NSDs. Usual exceptions apply, you won't lose a NSD for ys items, petrol or medical expenses. Spent today so still 9/15 NSDs

Pay to your debt or savings first and live off the rest. Added up March's expenses - horrifying is the word. Still need to split up cc spends to see what went where. Now have cc statement ready to total. Will need to use savings to pay for hols..in 10 days time! Spending pretty low this month so far.

in every day. The daily support from this thread will keep you on track Here again..16/30

Interests - is there any hobbies that you'd like to take up or perhaps an old hobby that you'd like to start again. This is the month to do it, let us know what you plan to do Have 2 so far - collecting hobby I have & someone got in touch to buy something connected to it - 4 years ago!! She got back in touch 2 weeks ago, have emailed her today & will attempt to find the item she wants...it's win-win as it will be money for savings too. Also, have Fairisle cushion to finish, usually do mindless knitting in front of TV, this doesn't come under that so never gets done. Finally retrieved fairisle cushion from back of chair where it was stuffed; realise to my shame haven't touched it in 18 months..despite that managed to find my place in the pattern & actually do a couple of rows. Bless highlighter tape!! Finally managed to identify all the different colours of the wool - hard when they are called irrelevant names & are missing the ball bands - only to realise I am missing a colour. Shan't need it until almost the end, might just use what I have left over. Finished another sock, will be able to make its mate on the journey to Ireland tomorrow.

Love yourself, do something to make yourself feel fab - wear a bright scarf, get your eyebrows done, have a bath, put on your fave perfume. Perfume and makeup today in honour of visit to supermarket :rotfl:

Find time to get outside. Lighter nights are now here so get out in the garden, go for a walk. Fresh air is good for everyone. Finished putting stones on path, looks much better & will stop more mud being splashed up on gazebo outside, which is spattered. Now need to get door repaired, have all bits but they need shaping. Outside for a short time, hope to get grass cut tomorrow to tidy it up. Dog who thinks compost bin is her personal Party bucket has found another way to get to the treasure - this time round the back of the garages... Dog 4 DH 1

Overpay
    - aim to pay 20% extra to your debt or savings. It's up to you how you do this - overtime at work, saving money on the food bill, selling items. Will deffo try, will be in the form of selling collectibles or ebaying. Still making a PAD every day to keep cc balance under control.

Organise your month. Check your cupboards, make a meal plan and stick to your food budget. Plan any social events and budget for them, ideally come up with free alternatives. Will do, need to reduce freezer stocks. Used left over cooked basmati, some salmon & peas from freezer, plus eggs & curry paste to make a kedgeree - tasty & used up some bits.

Lose one bad habit. Mine's is a food related one but it can be anything you like. No snacking between meals. One Freddo bar, getting in holiday mode early..:mad:

Sign off your daily post with a list of gratitudes. Grateful for: Lovely warm & dry day, got all mats washed & dried on line, more blossoms out in garden, tasty tea, holiday in prospect tomorrow!!
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,954 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Gentle hugs this morning mothernerd.

Today should be NSD 11

The daily list has been written.

I am pretending I know what I am doing - by the end of the day the house will be tidier and everyone will be fed , whether I am faking it or not.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,997 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon mothernerd.

Filed my insurance claim for the rental car yesterday, hoping it won't take too long too get our money back.
    Otherwise really productive evening yesterday too. Looked out some holiday cottages, just need to book one soon now once DH had a look. Prepared SC dinner for tonight and some more lunches for the freezer using up LO and odd bits.

Luckily DS just wants to have a few friends round the house for his 7th birthday, way cheaper. He wants a Minecraft/ ninjago/ Garfield themed party. Better get my thinking cap on for HM deco etc.

Till later
    DEBT 06/24: CC 6347 5120 £2350 £2000, OD £500, Other £3100 £2650 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport