NST April 2018: April Fool's Challenge

Options

Comments

• Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 2 April 2018 at 10:01PM
    Options
    Was a spend day. Treated friend with a few bits of shopping that she needed and brought 2 small pizzas.
    Did walk to and friend's flat this afternoon, also walked to the glass and carton recycling near some shops this morning to recycle some glass and cartons.
    Did put some perfume on to feel good.
    Still need to spend less time on social media.
    No hobbies/interests done today.
    Grateful for:
    Some exercise.
    Some chilled out time round friend's.
    Achieving a few bits in the flat.
    apple muncher - Am not attending church due to lack of compassion over a couple of years. Not much of a community. Have been hurt and let down big time sadly. For now it is better for me not to attend a church. Will not let it affect my faith in God.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • FrankieM
    FrankieM Posts: 2,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Evening :)

So, for today:
    NSD: 2
    Interest- meditation: 2. I'm struggling to find any free apps for my phone. Thought I'd found a good sleep on on Calm but it was more a tutorial and the one they then advise you to use is locked so needs to be paid for. I don't really want to pay so I'm going to have to keep looking.
    outside-walking: nope, still zero days. I'm a fair weather walker and have got completely out of any kind of exercise habit but will try again tomorrow.
    An extra 20%: Nothing so far but I've joined some survey sites and done some surveys.
    Bad habit- snacking: Nothing today other than leftovers and then cooked tea.
    Organise: Batch cooking still in the freezer and I've got some ham out for tomorrow night's jacket potatoes and other meals are organised.
    3 things: I'm grateful for the forums on here that help me refocus when it's a;; feeling too much.
    2 sets of bedsheets and duvet covers (I used to have to get everything washed and dried in a day!)
    A hot cup of tea - such a lovely way to relax.
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi all :j

Aim for at least 15 NSDs. Usual exceptions apply, you won't lose a NSD for ys items, petrol or medical expenses. 2/15 an NSD today

Pay to your debt or savings first and live off the rest. Still a WIP, will sort the finances over the next couple of days

Report in every day. The daily support from this thread will keep you on track Here again..

Interests - is there any hobbies that you'd like to take up or perhaps an old hobby that you'd like to start again. This is the month to do it, let us know what you plan to do Have 2 so far - collecting hobby I have & someone got in touch to buy something connected to it - 4 years ago!! She got back in touch 2 weeks ago, have emailed her today & will attempt to find the item she wants...it's win-win as it will be money for savings too. Also, have Fairisle cushion to finish, usually do mindless knitting in front of TV, this doesn't come under that so never gets done.. Emailed interested party - just now - & promised to try & find the item this week. Chatty email to show her have not (yet) forgotten).

Love yourself, do something to make yourself feel fab - wear a bright scarf, get your eyebrows done, have a bath, put on your fave perfume. Sorted out clothes for tomorrow stint in CS - bright coloured blouse at the ready.

Find time to get outside. Lighter nights are now here so get out in the garden, go for a walk. Fresh air is good for everyone No chance of a long time in garden as heavy snow all morning, followed by even heavier rain. Chance of cellar flooding as the water table is so high.. House will not flood though as we are on a hill...

Overpay - aim to pay 20% extra to your debt or savings. It's up to you how you do this - overtime at work, saving money on the food bill, selling items. Will deffo try, will be in the form of selling collectibles or ebaying. To do.

Organise
    your month. Check your cupboards, make a meal plan and stick to your food budget. Plan any social events and budget for them, ideally come up with free alternatives. Will do, need to reduce freezer stocks. Had meat from freezer today, also used all other ingredients from stores.

Lose one bad habit. Mine's is a food related one but it can be anything you like. No snacking between meals. Just the one biscuit today!!

Sign off your daily post with a list of gratitudes. Grateful for: Snow & lovely photos of the dogs in it, tasty HM curry, DD & DH going out & stocking up at my suggestion late tonight so I didn't have to go..
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all,

SFD number 1 yesterday. We take it in turns on holiday to buy dinners when we eat out and it wasnt my turn. Mum and Dad provided lunch and breakfast was already brought in. I did over 12,000 steps and two lots of swimming as well as lots of relaxing and reading :) Today should be similar as its not due to be sunny until tomorrow.

Yesterday I was grateful for lovely food, getting to swim twice in a warm pool, a lie in, a great book (13 things mentally strong people dont do, I definitely recommend it), more sunshine than forecast and the company of my family.
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    NSD No 2.
    The weather was really awful - wind rain and a bit of snow so didn't get a walk. Doesn't look like it's going to be a lot better today.
    Wore some perfume even though I didn't go out and have looked out all my lotions and potions in anticipation of a pamper session later on. Must organise my clothes, etc.
    Confession. I had a bit of chocolate. I must find the willpower to resist.
    Grateful for:
    A nice warm house and lots of food in the freezer.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Kerry Woman - I asked because I thought you'd changed churches soon after your mum's death, and wondered if you'd found a place you liked. It's difficult when you've come across a lack of compassion. Thinking of you.

FrankieM - I think that the first 10 sessions of Headspace are free.

I love reading all the 'love yourself' ideas. I am totally not a perfume person (makes me sneeze),bubblebaths make me itchy and I never ever wear make up! So my 'love myself' is to do my kettlebell workouts as they make me feel so strong and bada$$!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Had a massive declutter yesterday, we stayed in all day due to the weather so it was something to do. I have got rid of about 150 items of my clothing, shoes, bags and belts, they are currently in my car boot ready to go to the CS today.

Weather is better today, DH has gone back to work and I need to work too but I think I will get out with the kids somewhere and do it tomorrow.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 3 April 2018 at 9:22AM
    Options
    apple muncher - You are right I did start to go to another church, but still the same issue, lack of compassion. Thanks for asking and your kind thoughts.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • lauradora
    lauradora Posts: 1,371 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello all, but late to the party but an I join in again this month please??

Didn't hit targets last month but did at least do all my monitoring etc so was happier with that.

Aim for at least 15 NSDs. Yes going for 15 again :p
    Pay to your debt or savings first and live off the rest. - All done for the month for now pending any unexpected payments we receive which will go on overpayments
    Report in every day. Will try, but I AM going to have a baby this month one way or another:mad:
    Interests - Will try with crocheting otherwise will just be reading as keeping feet up as much as poss for now

Love yourself I'm trying, I promise

Find time to get outside. - Not today, wish I could but raining again and I for once in my life can sit here and do what I like

Overpay - aim to pay 20% extra to your debt or savings. Will look at this, usually get a CSA payment half way through the month will go on overpayments. With baby coming anything could happen though

Organise your month.
    Been going through cupboards today, Had date night already so not budgeting for any more. Were really low in food so going back to rummage shortly
    Lose one bad habit. - Dont really have any at the minute aside from being a stroppy cow
    Sign off your daily post with a list of gratitudes
    I am grateful for another chance to have a baby
    On a mission
  • Dorastar
    Dorastar Posts: 2,173 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Aim for at least 15 NSDs. 2/30 so far
    Report in every day. Failed yesterday sorry
    Interests Knitted a few rows of blanket square
    Love yourself Healthy eating including breakfast

Find time to get outside. Ran 12.3k this morning all outdoors
    Overpay Nothing today, will do it weekly
    Organise your month. Tomorrow's plan
    Lose one bad habit. Turning phone off, getting there
    Sign off with a list of gratitudes. Ability to run - even if it hurts and I am miserable when I'm doing it, there are many people who would love to run or even walk.
    Mortgage £128,626 going down slowly
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport