NST April 2018: April Fool's Challenge

Options

Comments

• greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Aim for at least 15 NSDs. Usual exceptions apply, you won't lose a NSD for ys items, petrol or medical expenses. - 1/15 - OH popped into Tesc0 today
    Pay to your debt or savings first and live off the rest. - ok (done)
    Report in every day. ok
    Interests - is there any hobbies that you'd like to take up or perhaps an old hobby that you'd like to start again.- am going to ease myself back into fitness this month -running total -1 walk Love yourself, do something to make yourself feel fab - took time in shower this morning, using matching body scrub, shower oil and body creme

Find time to get outside. - not out today other than to visit besties in their new house :)Overpay - aim to pay 20% extra to your debt or savings. It's up to you how you do this - overtime at work, saving money on the food bill, selling items. - plan on listing some items on fleabay later
    Organise your month. Check your cupboards, make a meal plan and stick to your food budget. Plan any social events and budget for them, ideally come up with free alternatives. - DS1's 18th birthday mid month - that's gonna cost......
    Lose one bad habit. - a certain game which I've spent waaay too much time on in March.... - not played it today
    Sign off your daily post with a list of gratitudes. - yes :)
    Today I am grateful for:
    * a lie in until almost 10am!!
    * seeing good friends
    * chocolate
    * watching catch up tv whilst doing an hour's ironing earlier
    * lots of yummy leftovers to eat
    * having sold our granite a week ago, the buyer came & collected it today - means it's easier to move around in our garage now :)

Budgets:
    Food 5.46/450
    Travel £75
    Gifts £150
    Toiletries £10
    Cleaning £10
    Social £150
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • indigowarrior
    Options
    @lavenderbee hope you feel better soon.

2/18 NSD
    Another easy NSD. Been too tired to want to go shopping. Earned £11.12 on surveys which brings my total so far to £13.13. Moved it straight in to my savings. Been playing Skyrim on my game console. Determind to complete the storyline. Impossible to complete the whole game though. There is a 100hrs worth of game play. However, I am not willing to buy another game.
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 803 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi lovelies :)

A- Still on NSD #1 as we needed milk
    P- savings remained untouched, budgets unchanged as milk bought from change lying around
    R-here I am
    I- today I made cheese & onion pasties which is new. kids loved them.I also made soup for lunches & ginger biscuits for snacks. I love cooking & baking, even if it's not a new recipe it is just a matter of time.
    L- definitely been more chilled out. today the kitchen badly needed sweeping but I decided to wait til the kids are down & read my boy a book instead :D

F- not ventured outside as planned because of the snow.we were invited to soft play for lunch & I was tempted but I cannot afford lunch out really & the kids have had an avtivity fri/sat/sun which has cost us so movie day & chill for us :)
    Overpay- nothing today. feels unlikely on my 48 a week budget. fingers crossed for something left from Glamping :D
    Organise- made lunches, ironed clothes for work tomorrow.
    L- not been at work today.
    S- gratitudes today- that my children have enough. They have so much more than enough but watching on the news about children living in poverty broke my heart.For my back pain improving, for free willy :o
  • a_silver_lining
    Options
    NSDs - Spends today so still at 1/15 (3/6 since payday.) One was a coffee for workmates and I, which breaks the band habit below but I have decided no more as realised two of the four of us aren't returning the favour...

Interests -

Love - Cut nails and plucked eyebrows yesterday. Today I struggled to come up with something, but am going to wear slightly more attractive pjs as it is a bit warmer. Gym planned tomorrow.

Outside - Worked outside today. No time for gardening, but planned for tomorrow.

Overpay - £6.21 / £60 Profit from an eBay sale I was reluctant to accept an offer on, but I couldn't justify holding onto the item. Planning to list 2-3 auctions tonight.

Organise - I'm home alone come Wednesday, so will eat freezer food then.

Budgets - Future spends planned on my diary. Has made me realise how tight the rest of the month will be, so worth doing!

Bad habit - See above.

Gratitudes - Partner being romantic. Sister getting engaged. Lack of toxic work colleague today. eBay sale.
    19/12/14: Spent 10 years of savings!!
    :heart2: ..... to buy my first home. :heart2:
    11K OP 31.03.19

Current goal: €151,000 deposit Ireland and counting, to buy Spring 2022 we hope!
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    No NSD's to report - it started badly yesterday when I forgot it was the 1st and brought something off a Facebook site, retail price is over £20 and I paid £5 all in so a bargain really.

Then today DD announced that she was going to a friends for a sleep over so nipped to the shop for snacks and fizzy and then dropped her off.

Not sure how long DD will be gone but should manage some NSD's this week.

I might have managed my overpay goal already - sorted my budget for March and had £105 left in bill account that was not needed for bills as more money went in yesterday to cover April's so have paid this off a credit card.

Today I am grateful for:
    1. Leftovers (did 2 lasagnes on Saturday using bits from freezer and have loads left and also did a roast yesterday, not sure that cooking a 17lb turkey for 4 people constitutes leftovers or just more meals!!)
    2. Rain (but not when it causes accidents). Took DD to her friends and drove the country route, I love big puddles in roads but only when we have a 4 x 4!!
    3. An extra day off due to bank holiday
  • BadBookkeeper
    Options
    Aim for at least 15 NSDs. - 2/15. Doubt will have any more for next couple days due to DS being off school Zoo members so just a bit of ice cream for tomorrow s activity!

Pay to your debt or savings first and live off the rest. - First day of unemployment tomorrow so debts accounted for but nothing overpaid as yet as need extra fuel for potential interviews and will need to spruce up my work wear when successful.

Report everyday 2/2

Interests - Need to finish my payroll course. Will allocate 1 hour to this tomorrow

Love yourself, do something to make yourself feel fab - Lit one of my many unused fragrances candles. Its lovely.

Find time to get outside - Weather so rubbish today snow this morning and rain & fog rest of day so skipped this.

Overpay - Need £45 to do this. Hoping to skim some off food shopping and need to check pending tcb due.

Organise your month. Need to be more Spring like with our main meals. Mind has gone blank we get so bored of the 'what's for tea' conversation.

Lose one bad habit. Failed on reducing the FB usage today. Start again tomorrow.

Sign off your daily post with a list of gratitudes. - Bank holiday so nice to have Hubby home / A bottle of prosecco given to me / A quote I've seen 'If you WANT it WORK for it... This struck a cord in many areas of my life right now & not just employment.
    Lightbulb moment - 17/08/2017 £17,033.  Current CC debt £1050 DFD 31/7/24 3 months to go…. 7 weeks 

• DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Check in 2 / 30 :)
    Another NSD - need a few bits of shopping, but decided it can wait for at least another day, particularly as it is cold and has been raining for most of the day!

Used up lots of bits and pieces and leftovers from the fridge for lunch and dinner, and have a mincemeat cake in the oven using HM mincemeat left over from Christmas :)

Grateful for:
    Seeing family members we don't see very often :)
    Being able to take the dog for a short walk without any pain - I have had a hip problem which is slowly getting better :)
    Having a warm house and plenty to eat :)
  • x_raphael_xx
    x_raphael_xx Posts: 4,323 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Aim for at least [STRIKE]15[/STRIKE] 25 NSDs. 1.25. NSD yesterday. Today I've paid for my ferry to Isle of Wight for my June hol (before it gets too expensive). I've also written out my cheque for my music exam, so claiming the spend today, rather than when it gets cashed.
    Pay to your debt first. Mums DD set to come out tomorrow.
    Report in every day. Here I am.
    Interests - gaming. Going to load up Stardew Valley after finishing this post :)
    Love yourself. Going to endulge in a hot choc later tonight.

Find time to get outside. Forgot the pint of milk for the drivers coffees when I got to work, so had to walk alllll the way home and back (3 mins each way :p) if that counts. Normally I walk the pup after work, but BF off for bank hol so he took Duncan out and met me when I finished.
    Overpay - 3:30 hrs extra pay this week as I popped in on my day off thursday to catch up on work.
    Organise your month. Dads birthday, need to send him a card. Trip to Brigthon for Marathon
    Lose one bad habit. Picked up my sax today, played a few show tunes rather than my exam pieces, but at least I played!
    Sign off with a gratitude. Today I am grateful for bf cooking the tea, so I didn't have too. :D
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!

EF Challenger #3 £138.36 / £5000
    MFW 2024 #100 £00.00 / £10,000

MFiT #40 Jan 2025 Target - £99,999.00
    Mortgage at 30/09/22 £113,694.11 | Mortgage at 24/01/23 £110,707.87
    Mortgage at 21/04/23 £107,701.01 | Mortgage at 20/07/23 £106,979.65
    Mortgage at 04/10/23 £106,253.77 | Mortgage at 10/01/24 £105,324.57
  • Puddleglum
    Puddleglum Posts: 851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Aim for at least 15 NSDs. 1/15
    Pay to your debt first. done
    Report in every day. :j
    Interests knitting coming along
    Love yourself. [COLOR="rgb(112, 128, 144)"]being inspired by made up people on TVs

Find time to get outside. went for a long walk around the village this afternoon
    Overpay - not yet but should get opportunities soon
    Organise your month.
    Lose one bad habit. still working on the procrastination. Will get it cracked tomorrow
    Sign off with a gratitude. grateful for good company and wine
    "A thousand candles can be lit from a single candle without shortening the life of that candle."

I still am Puddleglum - phew!
  • swimminginaseaofdebt
    Options
    Evening everyone,

Ruined a potential NSD by forgetting to take milk from the house to work. It was really cold and I knew I'd want a tea when I got in so picked up a pint for 50p bringing spends for the month to £36.44/£350.

Not much else to report, got some reading done for the uni course and have cracked on with my latest fiction book.

Today I'm grateful for the snow staying off and a quiet day in the office.

Misstara I walked part of the Glasgow kiltwalk a few years ago (a wee outing with a walking group). It was 14 miles and I was cream crackered so really admire you for taking on the whole route and I'm sure you'll smash it :)
    VSPC 2019 #10 - £168.80/£100 VSPC 2020 #4 - £262.03/£200 VSPC 2021 #9 - £242.88/£200 VSPC 2022 #3 - £188.03/£200 VSPC 2023 #7 - £0/£200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure