Options

Comments

• thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 2 April 2018 at 1:29PM
    Options
    Hello,

Spend day yesterday and today will be one too. Hopefully will have first NSD tomorrow. Will be away from Wednesday but should be cheap trip as we have enough euros left in the house and won't need to change any.

DD for energy and gas went up to £120 month now, but shouldn't be too long as it will get warmer eventually. It has been at 80 for 10 months or so and we were in credit but the long cold weather has caught up with us now and the usage went over the buffer.

Started looking into finding a wee hobby or sports club for DD (4) as she's so full of energy. Why are they all before 4-5 pm during the week, even for older kids. Most clubs etc you need to be part time for or not working at all because the times are in working hours. Rant over.

Lovely day here, will go for lunchtime walk later.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Claimimg NSD number 2 now. Will be going to mum's at some point but not rushing. Dull grey day, started raining then did a little snow, so I turned over and hid under the duvet until it stopped. Not going to be doing painting outside or anything strenuous.

Ankle has improved but still quite bad - not going to venture to the shops (was going to but one of something to see if it will do the job mum wants it to do). Most part of my arms and hands are aching, especially the right one, due to efforts to keep the weight off the ankle yesterday. Will need help to get my bags (need food, clothes for tomorrow and basic toiletries + things to do - that can be done from a reclining position on the couch when I get to mum's) downstairs. Thought of shuffling downstairs on my bum but not sure I can do that anymore. Will get there somehow.

Have 2 x 2l of water at mum's (one fizzy, one plain) and some cans of coke. Going to take celery, mushrooms and salad, wraps, sandwich stuff, ys houmous and blackcurrant cheesecake. Loads of stuff at mum's including throw it in the oven and wait stuff (garlic mushrooms, garlic bread, sweet potato chips for mum to use in dips). Can always use one of the walkers if I am desparate (could sit on the seat and paddle around if necessary).

There was talk of making a curry (member of the extended family has just started work at p a t a k s who make the curry sauces for everyone from MnS to Leedle) using prawns but that will keep for another time. It has been suggested that I resume my washing up fairy duties here (starting with the pans that have stuff stuck on the bottom) but can honestly say I can't stand up by the sink.

Slowly gathering my stuff together, then will escape in a taxi before they start suggesting other things that 'need' doing. Will not be back until Tuesday late afternoon at the earliest.

Taking pens and paper to write a list for the therapist (and a new to do list, and a shopping list and a holiday list) but for habits, I am going to start with
    SMILING

My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • Whatshername
    Whatshername Posts: 112 Forumite
    edited 2 April 2018 at 1:22PM
    Options
    #026 declaring my first nsd of the month.

Was meant to be out but bad weather has stopped that so a day of eating choc, indoor picnic and tidying it is.

About to sort some more items for vinted and ready for the start of the car boot sales eek!

Today Im grateful for Thomas the tank as hes saving my sanity he he
    #030 Sealed Pot 2019 Challenge - Declare 31st Oct
    #064 Pay debts by Xmas 2019 Challenge - £3390/ £3390 :money:
    #015 £2 savers club 2019 - target £200
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Laptop froze.

Going to smile, a lot, at people in the street, and everyone I meet. Some of them may respond but it will help me. Theory is that if you smile, even when it's hard to, it makes you feel better (thing it is also good for your face as smiling gives you less wrinkles). Smiling and looking people in the eyes will make me look more confident and hopefully it will become so ingrained that I won't tense up when I have to meet new people (or have photos taken at DS1's wedding). Lots of other habits to start/ drop as appropriate but smiling is the start.

Today I am grateful that the rain and snow stopped, that my ankle is improving, that I can think of alternate ways of getting round and doing (some of) what needs to be done, for good reading material, for lots of ideas for using up craft scraps and for planning my escape to mum's (would already be there but being wise and pacing myself).
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Snow again here so haven't left the house yet which is driving me a bit mad now, it is rainy but it doesn't seem worth dragging in loads of snow and wet just to go out.

Ran on Saturday, 10K is my maximum distance for running and I have no desire to increase that, I did that distance and as it is hilly here it is a good workout. Cycled yesterday, 12 hard miles, I do do long distances but don't often get the chance so I build up my mileage over the week.

Have had another clear out today, it is a process for me to accept that these things need to leave so it is ongoing. Today I have made a huge impact and got rid of about 200 items plus I have listed several on ebay.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • LavenderBee
    LavenderBee Posts: 350 Forumite
    Options
    NSD 2/18

Unfortunately the dreaded third trimester sickness has arrived so I didn't keep down my lovely roast, or anything bigger than a piece of toast at a time :( planning a big shop tomorrow of things to make batch meals with for a month (including working with what needs using from stores). Then I can do myself toddler size portions and hopefully minimise food shopping whilst I haven't got a helper.
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    My bad habit to drop this month is a certain game on my tablet, as it sucks a lot of my time and energy.

It is a month dedicated to clearing out, selling, donating. We have items from when we cleared dad's house 18 months ago. Plus our own gubbins. I am having a tea party for my significant birthday in mid may and the downstairs isn't yet fit for purpose... And step dd + family - including 13m old gs - are staying in june, so upstairs also needs sorting.

Today I am grateful for a relaxing start to the day, for getting a workout done before leaving, for an easy trip to see mum, for a nice time with mum, for ice cream, for having enough.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hopefully have now given everyone a number. Apologies if I've missed anyone out and give me a shout if I have.

Eager_Elephant - that would be me :o absolutely love kettle chips. Very grateful for this challenge today as a sharing bag was £1 in @sda and normally I would grab one or two.

LavenderBee - that sounds awful, I hope you feel better soon.

NSDs - spend day today so still on 1/15
    Report - 2/30
    Interests - went for a wee walk today, just 30 mins though as it was so cold
    Love - nothing for this other than usual perfume on this morning
    Outside - walk as above
    Overpay - £3.74 payment made towards the debt
    Organise - meal plan made and shopping done
    Budgets - £26.92 food/cleaning/toiletries (£12 was stocking up on my fave shampoo which was on a 3 for 2 offer), £30.01/£60 petrol, £50/£90 (spent £50 for friends hen do on Sat)
    Bad habit - no crisps today :)
    Gratitudes - double time at work, a productive shift, OH tidying the flat, sausage, mash and beans for tea (proper comfort food :)), a warm flat and catch up TV.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10802.94/£15000 (72% saved). Emergency fund - £1550.15/£2000 (77.5% saved).
  • lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,366 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Checking in for NSD number 2. Went for a little walk this morning, might go for another one now before it gets dark. Cheating a little bit with my NSD, had £20 in my wallet from ages ago that I'd been keeping for a rainy day, and boy was it raining today so OH and I went to a local tea room for brunch. I'm being naughty and counting it as a NSD as that money's been in my wallet since before Xmas :rotfl: managed to get a couple of hours of studying done as well today, am doing well this weekend! Technically we're on our Easter break but I like to get a week or so ahead in case of emergency so I'm taking what time I have to do that.

Today I'm grateful for the long weekend and tasty food :)
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £2,073.28 as of 05/24
    Pay off credit card by December 2024 - £0/£2,000
  • CosmicZebra
    CosmicZebra Posts: 30 Forumite
    Options
    #21 checking in.
    NSD 2/15
    Raining non stop all day here. Very grim. Made last-of-fridge-contents soup with h/made bread for lunch & froze surprisingly tasty leftovers.
    Took DS with me to gym to burn off some Easter eggs. No walking today- would need gills and fins. Trying to avoid work thoughts as have a few days off.
    Grateful for my health today.
    Hope everyone has had a good BH.
    Savings from frugal & simple living:
    Jan ISA& Save Acc £1600 Mort o/paid £250
    Feb ISA&save acc £1330.89 Mort o/paid£500
    March ISA&save ac£811.35 mort o/paid £250
    :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing