NST April 2018: April Fool's Challenge

Options

Comments

• misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Misstara are you doing the kiltwalk by any chance?

Yes I am, it seemed like a good idea at the time :rotfl:

NSDs - 1/15
    Report - 1/30
    Interests - went for a hours walk this morning
    Love - perfume on (I wear perfume on a daily basis anyway), had a little look through my things and picked out a nice flowery scarf to wear and a C.Kidson bag which also has a flowery pattern
    Outside - walked along the beach in the sunshine :D
    Overpay - no payments made today, did 7 hours overtime at work
    Organise - need to do a meal plan tomorrow
    Lose - no crisps today :)
    Gratitudes - a lovely walk, hm scones with hm lemon curd and a good overtime shift at work
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10802.94/£15000 (72% saved). Emergency fund - £1550.15/£2000 (77.5% saved).
  • erin_transport
    Options
    Aim for at least 15 NSDs.
    1/15
    Pay to your debt or savings first
    Opened a new ISA online. Set up £25 per month
    Report in every day.
    Here I am
    Interests
    Today I introduced my children to Cary Grant in Walk Don't Run on DVD. It was so nice to see them laughing and enjoying it.
    Next weekend it'll be Operation Petticoat. Anything is better than the endless YouTube drivel they choose.
    Love yourself
    Stretches today, gym tomorrow
    Find time to get outside.
    Got some washing on the line for an hour outside. Snuggled up the rest of the day.
    Overpay - £5 went to pension pot today.
    Organise your month - a uni assignment is my priority. Need to get the last part completed and uploaded
    Lose one bad habit - I'm cutting down on cigarettes
    Sign off daily post with a list of gratitudes.
    Today I am grateful for:
    My body starting to get over the flu
    Cuddle time with kids
    A roast beef dinner
    A warm house and stockpile of coal and wood
    On a mission!

2018 & 2019 MFW #138

On babystep2 (#DR)
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi all :j

Aim for at least 15 NSDs. Usual exceptions apply, you won't lose a NSD for ys items, petrol or medical expenses. 1/15 an NSD today

Pay to your debt or savings first and live off the rest. WIP

Report in every day. The daily support from this thread will keep you on track Do my best!

Interests - is there any hobbies that you'd like to take up or perhaps an old hobby that you'd like to start again. This is the month to do it, let us know what you plan to do Have 2 so far - collecting hobby I have & someone got in touch to buy something connected to it - 4 years ago!! She got back in touch 2 weeks ago, have emailed her today & will attempt to find the item she wants...it's win-win as it will be money for savings too. Also, have Fairisle cushion to finish, usually do mindless knitting in front of TV, this doesn't come under that so never gets done..

Love yourself, do something to make yourself feel fab - wear a bright scarf, get your eyebrows done, have a bath, put on your fave perfume. Can remember when I used to get up early & get ready plus makeup in case I had to answer the door :rotfl: Will make a better effort on days when I'm not going out...

Find time to get outside. Lighter nights are now here so get out in the garden, go for a walk. Fresh air is good for everyone Will aim to do an hour per day minimum in the garden - that's great for me..

Overpay - aim to pay 20% extra to your debt or savings. It's up to you how you do this - overtime at work, saving money on the food bill, selling items. Will deffo try, will be in the form of selling collectibles or ebaying.

Organise
    your month. Check your cupboards, make a meal plan and stick to your food budget. Plan any social events and budget for them, ideally come up with free alternatives. Will do, need to reduce freezer stocks.

Lose one bad habit. Mine's is a food related one but it can be anything you like. No snacking between meals.

Sign off your daily post with a list of gratitudes. Grateful for: DH fixing my computer, him buying me an Easter egg, DD also buying us Easter eggs, a quiet day in prospect tomorrow, small signs of Spring in the garden.
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all,

Thanks for the challenge and number misstara. I am on holiday for the first 8 days but will try and post regularly.

Aim for at least 15 NSDs. I will aim for 15 as I am away. Whilst away I have a set budget, if I stick within that then I will count it as a SFD but any extras will lose me a SFD. Yesterday I bought duty free perfume so no SFD!
    Pay to your debt or savings first and live off the rest. Done, I have one loan which covered my car and house renovations to date. I am also making an emergency fund and a savings account for animal expenses but that will get depleted with kennel fees this month
    Report in every day. I will try my hardest
    Interests - is there any hobbies that you'd like to take up or perhaps an old hobby that you'd like to start again. I rejoined the gym last week, it is definitely a luxury but I joined on a rolling contract so I can leave with 30 days notice if I find I am not using it because of work commitments. I will be aiming to swim twice a week during term time and everyday during the holidays. The first week went well and I only missed one day when I went to London.
    Love yourself, do something to make yourself feel fab. Done, I bought perfume and had my nails done, not MSE though!

Find time to get outside. Lighter nights are now here so get out in the garden, go for a walk. Fresh air is good for everyone :DDo this every day with the dogs but need to get in the garden more and give it some TLC. I put down grass seed before I left, so hoping that will take.
    Overpay - aim to pay 20% extra to your debt or savings. It's up to you how you do this - overtime at work, saving money on the food bill, selling items. I have sold a few things on eBay so this may be possible, if the pet insurance claims I have made get paid. If they do not, then all my money needs to go on clearing these bills off my credit card mid month.
    Organise your month. Check your cupboards, make a meal plan and stick to your food budget. Plan any social events and budget for them, ideally come up with free alternatives. Done, batch cooked for the month before coming on holiday. I have three events planned when I return, one uses vouchers, one is prepaid and I’ll drive and the other I might cancel as it’s bad timing and might cost too much!
    Lose one bad habit. Mine's is a food related one but it can be anything you like. I will commit to not buying chocolate. If I have a fixed rule, I can be pretty good about it.
    Sign off your daily post with a list of gratitudes.
    I am grateful for being able to get away on holiday once a year, for my lovely family and for good food and easy travel yesterday.
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • DancingDragons
    Options
    Thanks for doing the thread Misstara, could you please add me to the challenge?
    I know I'm struggling to stay on challenge, but don't want to give up.
    Debt Free April 2019:j to July 2019 :( NEW WTC:eek:1,194
  • FrankieM
    FrankieM Posts: 2,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning Everyone

I didn't get back online last night, I may need to rejig my routine a little moving forward.

So, for yesterday:
    It was a NSD due to not leaving the house at all. I found it a bit tough..I need to get myself a bit of a life though I'm not one for going out in the rain, but I'm aware that doing something and seeing some people is good for my mental wellbeing, it's just 'easier' not to.

So, yesterday was a bit of a non day and will try harder today. It's still good to have the focus.

My 3 things from yesterday:
    A good boxset to watch to take your mind off the real world.
    Being able to talk to my parents (who live in Australia)
    Spending time with DD (even if it was sitting in front of the tv)
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Nothing spent so NSD no 1. Spending diary at the ready.
    Went for a short walk. Not far but it's a start. Also went outside and helped the wee one with the Easter Egg Hunt. Well, she is only three and the others are quite a lot bigger.
    Sort of a meal plan made but really need to tidy out the freezers again to see what's still in there.
    Avoided the crisps and chocolate but did have a handful of grapes instead.
    Put on some perfume. First little step. Intending to do that every day.
    Grateful for:
    Not spending any money
    Great fun at the Easter Egg Hunt
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • indigowarrior
    Options
    Didnt see that petrol is covered so my spend on transport would be a NSD :)
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Count me in please misstara.

Aim for at least 15 NSDs. Will do

Pay to your debt or savings first and live off the rest. Just about to sort the budget for April.

Report in every day. Will do

Interests – well I used to do cross stitch and having cleared the cupboard of doom out (understairs cupboard) I have taken out my cross stitch but I am not sure if I want to start it or rehome it. Its been at least 10 years since I did any cross stitch and have some half completed.
    My main interests are smallholding/allotment/gardening related as well as reading blogs. I might start doing more colouring.

Love yourself, do something to make yourself feel fab – I always try to wear a scarf every day for work and always have a spritz of a fragrance. I have stopped wearing make up so I might start wearing mascara again.

Find time to get outside. I am out twice/three times a day walking the dogs/doing the animals anyway and I love the lighter nights. I need to get the garden under control.

Overpay - aim to pay 20% extra to your debt or savings. Am trying to save all the little bits for the girls holiday next month.

Organise your month. – am likely to be up with friend for a meal out at some point this month, also have anniversary meal for parents next weekend. Work colleague has wedding party also.
    Need to continue working my way through the food cupboards as we have way too much stuff especially as DD and DH don’t eat at home for most of the week (except school holidays)
    Lose one bad habit. I need to stop popping to Waitrose each day at work and buying chocolate and crisps (I think someone else mentioned they can eat a whole share pack of Kettle Chips – well that’s me as well!!)

Sign off your daily post with a list of gratitudes. Will do
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Aim for at least 15 NSDs. Usually OK on this as I hate shopping only do it on a weekend -I dont count bill payments.1/21

Pay to your debt or savings first and live off the rest. always!

Report in every day. Will try

Interests Going to make sure I get to swim and yoga more regularly - fallen off the wagon a bit there last month!

Love yourself Connected to above really. I do wear perfume on work days and just had a long awaited hair cut:D

Find time to get outside. Always - love my garden. Live on the edge of a NP and on the coast so often out and about - sometimes take it for granted:o

Overpay - aim to pay 20% extra to your debt or savings.Cant boost income through work but will sell stuff and do the surveys!

Organise your month. Will do!

Lose one bad habit. errr - which one;)

Sign off your daily post with a list of gratitudes.
    Today I am grateful for:
    * My garden
    * Ability to rustle up a meal from scratch and from what is in the fridge/cupboards
    * Seeing the effects of taking my health into my own hands and not listening to the GP!
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure