Options

Comments

• BadBookkeeper
    BadBookkeeper Posts: 674 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 3 April 2018 at 9:43PM
    Options
    #13 Checking in....
    Aim for at least 15 NSDs - Still 2/15 as spent today at the zoo.

Pay to your debt or savings first and live off the rest. - My overdraft is going to be worse end of month by £115 so need to find that before I overpay debt.

Report in every day - 3/3

Interests - No course done will aim again tomorrow

Love yourself - Lit the fragranced candle again

Find time to get outside - Spent a good 5 hours walking around the zoo. Perfect.

Overpay - Need to concentrate on not going any further into overdraft first. Hope to still achieve this but may be later in the month.

Organise your month - Usually down online food shop with MrT but as I'm not working tomorrow, I'll go to aldi first see if I can spend less than my usual £70 a week.

Lose one bad habit - Really need to swap my social media time to course I'm trying to finish

Sign off your daily post with a list of gratitudes - nicer weather to enjoy a day out, this challenge to make me properly look at my outgoings. A lot of our bills have increased this month only a few pounds each but its really mounted up.
    Lightbulb moment - 17/08/2017 £17,033.  Current CC debt £1400 DFD 31/7/24 5 months to go…. 16 weeks 

• laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 772 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good Evening lovely turtles :)

lots done today- renegotiated phone contracts. I went Sim only & used the excess im my budget to insure hubs new hand set.A bit disappointed his phone is so much but he wouldn't budge. Upgraded my bank account to include mobile insurance, holiday insurance & breakdown because it was no more than indvidial mobile insurance.

advice please car insurance is due next month. I expect with tax it will be about £500. I do not have the cash in my budget to pay it out of my wage but I could use my emergency fund of which I have £1000 or I could pay monthly Keen to save on APR but things are pretty tight until Aug- that EF is my only spare cash. Although I do also have 0% CC should we become really stuck! I don't know what to do!

Lost 4.5lb at weight watchers. lost 10lb in total & I am 12lb to target.Although in truth Id love another 17lb off. after that Im gonna need to chop limbs or starve myself to death:rotfl:

A-today is NSD #2.Aiming for 5 this week
    P-budget still the same :)
    R- hello :D
    I-no baking today but I have planned to try a new curry Saturday. Greengrocers & butchers tomorrow for some mid week supplies
    L-As part of my relax plan I have decided I will take the time to watch all the Harry Potter films. Watched #1 yesterday & I shall watch another over the wewkend.
    F- did not make it outside today due to work but did plan a castle trip for my bday & to go to Beamish this weekend.
    O- over pay might be tricky this month but I am doing my best with a bad budget at the moment.
    O-been looking into our bills today & when they are up for renewal.
    L- hmm probably spent too much time in my phone at work due to trying to sort my phones.I am going to try harder tomorrow.
    S- grateful for- my friend helping me find the best deal on phones. I think Im fairly clued up but I am not too proud to take MSE advice off any one. My son chatting to me at bed time. My new office chair- it is a revelation!! :D
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,880 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    NSDs - 2/15, a few ys items bought while getting some things for work, 2 packs of gf sandwich thins and 1 pack of gf hot cross buns for 36p :D
    Report - 3/30
    Interests - hmm walked round my living room for 25 mins to reach my step count, not entirely sure that counts :rotfl:
    Love - lit a scented candle, poured a g&t and watched the bake off :)
    Outside - :eek: not a chance in this weather
    Overpay - nothing today although worked 90 mins overtime
    Organise - lunch prepped and clothes looked out for tomorrow, car service booked in for next week
    Lose - no crisps today :D
    Gratitudes - finally getting home from work (not a good day today :(), easy tea of egg and tomato sandwiches, g&t, bake off and my car.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10552.61/£15000 (70.4% saved). Emergency fund - £1437.01/£1500 (95.8% saved).
  • swimminginaseaofdebt
    swimminginaseaofdebt Posts: 942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 3 April 2018 at 10:47PM
    Options
    Evening everyone :hello:

NSD #1 for me today.

Read a bit of my book and done a tiny bit of studying.

My fixed rate mortgage is coming to an end in a couple of months so I hopped online and selected an alternative product for when the time comes. It's a slightly higher interest rate but will only put my monthly payments up by around £5 which is easily affordable. Unfortunately, I have defaults on my credit file and I'm on a DMP which means I can't switch providers.

Have also cancelled a weekly baby class. It was costing £33 a month but I found a free playgroup that runs on the same day so we'll go to that instead. The baby class payment used to come out my bank account mid month so each month I'm going to transfer that amount over to an account I've set up to save for some full and final settlements to my creditors.

On a similar note my tax credits are due to go up around £21 a week from next week so I'm going to pop this extra into the same account.

My phone contract is finishing this month too, so I'll be looking to switch to a sim only deal as my phone works fine.

Today I am grateful for hot showers and helpful colleagues.
    VSPC 2019 #10 - £168.80/£100 VSPC 2020 #4 - £262.03/£200 VSPC 2021 #9 - £242.88/£200 VSPC 2022 #3 - £188.03/£200 VSPC 2023 #7 - £0/£200
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Went to mum's. She had defrosted the prawns so I made the curry (not much standing, fairly quick). I added a yellow pepper and half of the mushrooms from my supplies. On the plus side it means I have enough sandwich and salad bits to cover the next two days and may have some to take away with us for Friday lunch.

Only 3 hours sleep at most (but did watch the newer Sin City last night/ this morning). Appontment was fine (reduced to 4 months between appointments instead of 3). Been outside and walked if vast car parks count. Trafford centre was fine - mum spent nearly £40 in L a ke land on icing stuff. Did not discourage her (we are pretending she can still do more than she can but it's keeping her happy - planning for the next church fair).

The shops we needed were at opposite ends so we stopped in the middle for lunch. I picked baked potato as a healthier option, mum paid, I queued (baked potato stall has a much shorter queue than most).Driver queued elsewhere as little boy would not eat a baked potato.

Left mum sipping hot chocolate (was slightly dearer than tea but I thought it was 'more of a treat' - resent paying nearly £2 for a cup of tea even if it's not my money), whilst we went to the shops the driver wanted. Went somewhere called s m i g g l e for very expensive felt pens and to dreaded 'Mickey the Mouse' store for a birthday present. Had to go outside whilst she was queuing - I have a very low tolerance to that shop (and all incarnations of that evil empire).

Didn't bother to go in Debnums (still had my gift card in my purse) as could not face extra walking. Noticed they had a m o n s o o n shop - possible source of clothes for DS1's wedding and may be quieter than central Mcr mid week. Went in another beautiful shop full of kaftan / smock like clothes, well made, bright colours and heavily embroidered. Very expensive but reasonable considering the work. Another possible option (then top up with lots of cs/ fiver shop thin cotton stuff for the rest of the time).

Back to mum's to pick up my 3 bags (food/ clothing + toiletries/ things to do) and was dropped off at home by the driver. Turned the laptop on to see what you were all up to and then have dozed off repeatedly all afternoon.

Foot is stronger so will stay here and sleep or rest and hope for an early start. I have done the bins, put a load of washing in (and rounded up any stray clothes since), had a bath and had something to eat (wasn't very hungry but alternative is probably waking up at 4am, ravenously hungry).

Today has been a NSD, tomorrow it depends on whether I can walk to crafts or need transport. Nothing prepared for crafts (have some ideas).

Today I am grateful for good weather, pleasant company, mum's health continuing to improve ( she won't lose any of her conditions but if we can make her as well as possible within the limits they set), for good food, for having plenty to eat, for my ankle improving, for my new coat (bit too warm at times), for the plants we put in pots at mum's looking colourful and cheerful, for the pill delivery lady, for the binmen, for you turtles.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    misstara wrote: »
    NSDs - 2/15, a few ys items bought while getting some things for work, 2 packs of gf sandwich thins and 1 pack of gf hot cross buns for 36p :D
    Report - 3/30
    Interests - hmm walked round my living room for 25 mins to reach my step count, not entirely sure that counts :rotfl:
    Love - lit a scented candle, poured a g&t and watched the bake off :)
    Outside - :eek: not a chance in this weather
    Overpay - nothing today although worked 90 mins overtime
    Organise - lunch prepped and clothes looked out for tomorrow, car service booked in for next week
    Lose - no crisps today :D
    Gratitudes - finally getting home from work (not a good day today :(), easy tea of egg and tomato sandwiches, g&t, bake off and my car.

Walking round the living room counts - you have still done the steps. I once put every simgle item of washing up away separately, walking all round the kitchen for each piece (so even if it wwent in the cupboard next to the sink I walked alll round before putting it away). Then I put a plastic box on the floor and added a step up and down in the middle.

Standing in the middle of the room shaking the pedometer/ phone to make it think you are walking does not count.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • LavenderBee
    LavenderBee Posts: 350 Forumite
    Options
    Quick post, NSD 3/18 here. Grateful for antenatal class and hubby rescuing our cat from the neighbourhood foxes.
  • LavenderBee
    LavenderBee Posts: 350 Forumite
    Options
    Oh and chore tackled was a freezer and cupboard audit. The good news is that I NEVER need to shop again :D
  • shabbychic12
    Options
    Not a NSD here as l needed a food shop but l kept to my list and even swapped full price items for YS items lol. Made chilli for tea and Shepards pie for tomorrow, this is not like me let's hope it lasts. I'm following the KAKEBO method of recording spends and am now going to up the use of budget envelopes. Have seen some lovely fabric zipped ones on Etsy but they are so expensive so my task might be to make some. Have also decided to try a bullet journal to keep my jobs/ramblings in some order, one can but try.
    I also wore mascara to take out the dog and a dash of perfume.
    Grateful for spending time with family tonight for my DF's birthday.
    Count down to retirement 2023
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi all :j

Aim for at least 15 NSDs. Usual exceptions apply, you won't lose a NSD for ys items, petrol or medical expenses. Still 2/15 NSD as I spent today

Pay to your debt or savings first and live off the rest. Still a WIP, will sort the finances over the next couple of days

Report in every day. The daily support from this thread will keep you on track Here again..3/3

Interests - is there any hobbies that you'd like to take up or perhaps an old hobby that you'd like to start again. This is the month to do it, let us know what you plan to do Have 2 so far - collecting hobby I have & someone got in touch to buy something connected to it - 4 years ago!! She got back in touch 2 weeks ago, have emailed her today & will attempt to find the item she wants...it's win-win as it will be money for savings too. Also, have Fairisle cushion to finish, usually do mindless knitting in front of TV, this doesn't come under that so never gets done.. Lady still interested in items but no rush as she is not too flush with cash atm. Suits me as stuff is in Room of Doom so will take a bit of finding!

Love yourself, do something to make yourself feel fab - wear a bright scarf, get your eyebrows done, have a bath, put on your fave perfume. Washed hair (and self), put on make up & perfume today..

Find time to get outside. Lighter nights are now here so get out in the garden, go for a walk. Fresh air is good for everyone No chance of a long time in garden as heavy snow all morning, followed by even heavier rain. Chance of cellar flooding as the water table is so high.. House will not flood though as we are on a hill...Did get out in garden although didn't really feel like it after stint in CS. 2 barrow loads of compost spread onto large border, the first of many. Cellar is indeed flooded to a depth of 2-3 inches. Not up to bottom step yet thankfully..

Overpay - aim to pay 20% extra to your debt or savings. It's up to you how you do this - overtime at work, saving money on the food bill, selling items. Will deffo try, will be in the form of selling collectibles or ebaying. Managed to sell a bag today, has been on FB selling site since 2016!!

Organise your month. Check your cupboards, make a meal plan and stick to your food budget. Plan any social events and budget for them, ideally come up with free alternatives. Will do, need to reduce freezer stocks. Fish from freezer today for me, DH had lamb from Easter Sunday. Did shopping today but not much spent, have plan for tomorrow.

Lose one bad habit. Mine's is a food related one but it can be anything you like. No snacking between meals. No snacking but did have a bit of easter egg.

Sign off your daily post with a list of gratitudes. Grateful for: Good stint in CS & a few bargains, selling my bag after 18 months, lots of signs of spring in the garden, less pain from bruising from Good Friday (where I got knocked over by the dogs :rotfl:)
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure