🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Slimming in to Spring - Slimming World Support Thr

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,781 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    More accapuncture today.
    Hope it's effects are as good as last time.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,986 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    More accapuncture today.
    Hope it's effects are as good as last time.

Hello Beanie :wave:
    Hope it is as successful for you xx
    Lush pudding coming up :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,986 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    100_8432_1.jpg

HEXB for porridge oats for waffles, 1 1/2 syns squirty cream and 1/2 syn choc shot
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • MissTeach
    MissTeach Posts: 260 Forumite
    Options
    Ohh SOTW! How lovely! Thanks for the chart Kathrynha and for sharing your story too - you'll def get there this time - we're all here to support you through!

Navigated the weekend successfully and stuck to plan, even managed a sneaky body combat class as a last minute cancellation left a space in the class so I popped along. Took Sunday as a rest day.

Back on it again today with the Easter holidays giving me the luxury of going to daytime classes instead of evening ones. So this morning I did body pump followed by body balance.

Today's food:

B: Lindahls Kvarg (peach & passionfruit) with an apple and a pear. (First time trying this new quark - syn free - and I enjoyed it. Reminded me of fromage frais)
    L: Ham, banana and a satsuma. Needed something easily transportable as I had a 30 min slot between my gym classes to eat lunch!
    D: Gammon, 2 eggs, beans, mushrooms, onion, beetroot and 3 syns for hassleback new potatoes cooked in the actifry.

Still got both healthy extras and 12 syns left for my evening treats which I'll get once Corrie finishes!
  • beanielou
    Options
    Yah for SOTW Miss Teach :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,410 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for the birthday wishes, everyone. I have been on continuous celebration since then, so I’ve not looked in since then.

Happy belated birthday, TIE.

It’s great to see you again, TG.

Well done, shelli, Nicki, p00hsticks, jayne and esmy. Brilliant losses, Lioness and TG. I hope I’ve not missed anyone.

MissTeach and bubbs , super well done on getting those awards.

And Congrats to SOTWs, MissTeach and Nicki. Thanks, Kathryn and Chris for chart.

I hope you are back to your usual, optimistic self, beanie. So sorry about the funeral and the dentist. I’m an only too!

Mrs_R, those clothes will serve as a wee reminder of how well you’ve done, so well worthkeeping them. I love your shopping tales. One day …

What amazing stories of determination so many of you have shared. I don’t have any mitigating circumstances for my weight gain. 7st 2lbs when I married, I ate what DH ate. If he needed to lose weight he ate ½ grapefruit as well as his usual stuff. I was 9st when I got pregnant, rising to 10st 2lbs. Morning/afternoon tea was my downfall as I always ate with a drink, where before I just didn’t bother with snacks. Combine this with reduction in activity levels (our village has 7 very short streets) and it was a recipe for disaster. Many years later, when I had my cancer diagnosis, I’d reached 15st 12lbs – more than 5 ½ st more than my heaviest pregnancy weight and more than double my wedding weight. I’ve managed to shift almost 3sts, but, as you all know, I have been on a very scenic route. I enjoy my (wrong not the best choice) food, I enjoy my treats, so I accept that, for me, the slow loss is better than no loss. It’s just as well I don’t drink alcohol, never have. I should really switch from tea (black, no sugar - since I was 17) to fizzy juice because I don’t have a snack with that, but that is too sweet, would you believe. Water doesn’t cut it, although my ‘night out’ drink of choice is San Pellegrino (I know how to live it up!) So, I know I could do better, but I’m lacking the compelling motivation that drives so many of you. I admire you all.

Well, after all that, I don’t know how it happened, but I lost 1lb this week. I’ll struggle next week though, I had afternoon tea today, will be out for lunch on Friday. I have about 3 lunch dates next week and ANOTHER afternoon tea, so I will try to limit the damage as much as possible.

Thanks for your inspiration, everyone.
    Sewing 83/COLOR]Woollies 9Card s 47Reading 23/40
  • Lioness_Twinkletoes
    Options
    Morning

Congrats to all the losers. To those going away, have a brilliant time and thank you to all of you that have shared your stories.

I was a paragon of virtue yesterday. I avoided all the cakes at work - including the lemon drizzle and chocolate Tiffin I made.

Yesterday's menu was:

B - Banana (really busy at work, no time for anything else)
    L - Salmon fillets and salad
    D - Sainsbury's low fat sausages with swede, broccoli, peas and cauliflower
    S - Raspberries, grapes and pomegranate with a FF yog.
  • beanielou
    Options
    greentiger~~thank you for saying I am optimistic.
    You have made my day.
    Well done on the loss :)
    Thank you for sharing your story.

• kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Well done on the loss GreenTiger, and thanks for sharing your story.
    Have you tried fizzy water with a bit of squash? I gives you more control over the strength and sweetness of the flavour.

Weigh in for me tonight. As is normal for me, it has been a week of goods and bads, but hoping the goodness outweighs the badness.

Today's plan:
    Breakfast - yogurt, fruit and puffed wheat
    Lunch - noodle soup
    Dinner - cheese salad

HA - milk and cheese
    HB - puffed wheat
    Syns - cranberry juice (2.5), soup (2)
    Zebras rock
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,691 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Pleased you got a loss greentiger :T

I'm doing a beanie and plodding on! I've felt a bit fatter this week so that's probably my birthday catching up.:(

This is always a very social time of the year for me so it's a case of doing my best on the meals in between.

Today's EE plan :
    B: NAS grapefruit, scrambled eggs, HEB toast, HEA milk for drinks
    L: cold meat, fried veg, pickles
    D: veggie chilli with rice and cottage cheese
    Syns: HP sauce 1
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income