in Debt Free Diaries
6.3K replies 329K views

Replies

• OnebrokeladyOnebrokelady Forumite
    5.8K Posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    milann said:
    Lovely vet 👍 I remember clipping our dogs claws but never remember doing our cat. I can imagine you in a coat and gloves trying to do the deed.
    You managed a lot yesterday 👍 hopefully today will go quickly and you can enjoy your day tomorrow.
    It's because they don't go outside much to wear them down. I've only had to to do it since they've got old,when they were young they were out all the time so wore them down, now they spent most of their time asleep so don't wear them down at all 
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £4,316 Now Owed = £13,301.77
    Emergency Fund = £1000 Xmas savings = £800
    House Fund = £700
    5.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Had my flu jab at work on Thursday and have been really ill today. I didn't feel great yesterday but still managed to do my shopping. I was feeling a bit odd when I went to bed but woke up this morning feeling like I had been run over by a truck,I had to take the day off work which is very unfortunate and I've spent the day in bed. I got up at 6pm and now feel almost back to normal, I've never had such a bad reaction to a flu jab before,I hope I'm ok when I have my covid booster because I don't want to take anymore time off work. 
    I obviously haven't got anything done today apart from sleeping 😟
    House Fund = £700
  • CherryfudgeCherryfudge Forumite
    5.8K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if the current flu jab is for a very different strain or something? Sorry to hear you've felt so bad from it. I suppose one day is better than however long flu might take but you could really have done without it.

Hope you can sleep tonight, are you working tomorrow?
    Fashion on the Ration challenge: 39.5 coupons c/f from 2020 + 66 coupons this year. 43 remaining as of 22nd December.
    Toiletries used up 15/176.
  • Sun_AddictSun_Addict Forumite
    14.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @milann felt rough after her flu jab too. I’m dreading having mine on Saturday now. 

I hope you feel better today.
    Christmas Savings 2022 £83.84/£600
    Emergency Fund £6000/£10,000
    January NSD: 10/15
  • foxglovesfoxgloves Forumite
    8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear about bad flu jab reaction @Onebrokelady. We are booked in for our jabs tomorrow so will be interested to see how that goes. I've never had any reaction to flu jabs before, other than a sore arm..... & Mr F doesn't even get that. I suppose they do vary a little though, depending on the strain.
    Kind vet to sort claws out for free. 
    F x
    "Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only the moment, sparkling like a star in our hand and melting like a snowflake".
    Sir Francis Bacon 1561 - 1626 (Philosopher & statesman)
  • Deni_debt-free_dreamerDeni_debt-free_dreamer Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Morning OBL
    Hope you are feeling ok today.  I've just changed my flu jab appointment based on this discussion as i'd booked it before 3 days leave and i don't want to have a bad reaction/feel poorly when i'm on leave!  I felt fine last time i had one, i've only had one flu jab.  
    Dx
    LBM - October 2018; finally debt free on 16 March 2021 !
    NST January NSD 7/16
    2022 Mortgage Free Wannabee #81
    2022 Decluttering Campaign member
    5.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if the current flu jab is for a very different strain or something? Sorry to hear you've felt so bad from it. I suppose one day is better than however long flu might take but you could really have done without it.

Hope you can sleep tonight, are you working tomorrow?
    The flu jab changes slightly each year according to which strain of flu they think is going to be prevalent. I slept really well last night and feel a bit better today. I'm going back to work tomorrow because I'm covering clinics and there's a lady working with me who doesn't work down there,she can't go there on her own and there's no one else to go 
    House Fund = £700
    5.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    @milann felt rough after her flu jab too. I’m dreading having mine on Saturday now. 

I hope you feel better today.
    Feeling a bit better today but not 100% I'm annoyed because we were going to go to the beach again today but I don't feel up to it now . I asked other people at work if they felt ill and some were ok after theirs so I think it's just pot luck 
    House Fund = £700
    5.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    foxgloves said:
    Sorry to hear about bad flu jab reaction @Onebrokelady. We are booked in for our jabs tomorrow so will be interested to see how that goes. I've never had any reaction to flu jabs before, other than a sore arm..... & Mr F doesn't even get that. I suppose they do vary a little though, depending on the strain.
    Kind vet to sort claws out for free. 
    F x
    The only time I have had a reaction was to the first jab I ever had but it also included the swine flu jab, I was really ill after that one, all the others have been ok apart from a sore arm 🤷‍♀️
    House Fund = £700
    5.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning OBL
    Hope you are feeling ok today.  I've just changed my flu jab appointment based on this discussion as i'd booked it before 3 days leave and i don't want to have a bad reaction/feel poorly when i'm on leave!  I felt fine last time i had one, i've only had one flu jab.  
    Dx
    I feel a bit better today but not 100%. I've asked colleagues and it seems like an even split between those who were ill and those who weren't , I was just unlucky this time I think 
    House Fund = £700