6.2K replies 326.9K views

Replies

• OnebrokeladyOnebrokelady Forumite
    5.8K Posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    milann said:
    Well done on the weight loss. 
    The trip to the beach sounded lovely with B the other day. I’d love to be closer to the sea. I think that’s partly why I love going to dds. The photo of the sea I posted the other day is less than 5 minutes from her house. I’d move down there tomorrow if I could convince certain family members to come with me….but I can’t go without them😏
    Enjoy birthday celebrations with your mum. 
    I do love living here, I have three beaches within a half hour 40 minute train ride and the train station is only a 15 minute walk from my house so quite easy to get to. I would however love to live within walking distance of a beach ,that would be lovely. I can't move anywhere either because of my mum and dad  but when I retire I would love to move down to Exmouth or Dawlish. Exmouth would be perfect because it's easy to get back to Exeter on the train,it's got its own good selection of shops for everyday needs as well 
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £4,316 Now Owed = £13,301.77
    Emergency Fund = £1000 Xmas savings = £800
    House Fund = £700
    5.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    foxgloves said:
    I do envy people who live by the sea. It is something I've always wanted to do & hopefully we might manage it when Mr F retires. Sighs........keep on saving, Foxgloves! 
    You do seem to have some lovely walks with B, @Onebrokelady. It must be very good for de-stressing when work has been manic. Well done on the weight loss. I haven't been very angelic lately, but I don't think I've done too much damage as can still fit in my jeans. Need to make sure this is only a 'wobble' though, rather than becoming a longer term slip.
    F x
    There are some massive houses on the seafront at Exmouth that have been converted into flats, I have always wanted to live in one,the top floor ones have a small balcony and you can see sea from the living room windows. It's quite spectacular when the weather is rough and you can see all the waves etc. They have also upgraded the flood defences so less danger of flooding down there.We looked up flats for sale on the way home and there were lots of retirement ones within my budget so that is an idea for the future 

I have lots of wobbles on my diet but I seem to be getting better at getting back on plan straight away so far 🤞
    House Fund = £700
    5.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great news on the weight loss x
    Thanks Willow 😀
    House Fund = £700
  • milannmilann Forumite
    7.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    OBL I have some lovely memories of holidays in Exmouth when the children were younger. I remember going on a boat ride along the river…….further than they usually did apparently because it was a spring tide. There was a terrific grinding noise as the boat hit the riverbed……I’ve got a cracking picture of the horror in ds face 😂😂😂😂. We had to sit in the boat until the tide came in a little more to float the boat. And buying an ice cream called a time bomb with liquorice and sherbet on(this was before fancy ice creams were commonplace) we were talking about that a while back. Ds still uses a key ring he bought when he was about 12 or 13 from the quayside at Exeter of a spider made from nuts and bolts and he’s 43 now 😳. You are lucky living is such a beautiful place. We often stayed en route to Cornwall on a farm caravan site….sometimes a week in Cornwall and a week near  Exeter as it was a lot cheaper in the caravan.
    5.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    milann said:
    OBL I have some lovely memories of holidays in Exmouth when the children were younger. I remember going on a boat ride along the river…….further than they usually did apparently because it was a spring tide. There was a terrific grinding noise as the boat hit the riverbed……I’ve got a cracking picture of the horror in ds face 😂😂😂😂. We had to sit in the boat until the tide came in a little more to float the boat. And buying an ice cream called a time bomb with liquorice and sherbet on(this was before fancy ice creams were commonplace) we were talking about that a while back. Ds still uses a key ring he bought when he was about 12 or 13 from the quayside at Exeter of a spider made from nuts and bolts and he’s 43 now 😳. You are lucky living is such a beautiful place. We often stayed en route to Cornwall on a farm caravan site….sometimes a week in Cornwall and a week near  Exeter as it was a lot cheaper in the caravan.
    I think the boat trips are still going 😀 I do consider myself very lucky to live here,I came down here from Derby when I was 11years old and wouldn't want to go back there now 😊
    House Fund = £700
    5.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    You lot have led me astray today because I've just ordered myself that advent house 🙀😀 Im not looking at anything else now 

I went to my mums yesterday and she liked her presents I only stayed an hour because she wasn't feeling too good. Mum and Dad both had their covid booster and flu jab on the Saturday and I think it's too much for some people,Dad said he felt fine but my mum felt really poorly 😟
    I didn't feel too good either yesterday so I went to bed when I got back. I got up at 5.30 and made a cottage pie for my tea so that's me sorted for the next couple of days. We also sat down and watched Bake off  then I went back to bed again.

B did a wee on DDs duvet last night. I'm not sure why she did it because she had not long been out for a walk,I will have to keep an eye on her. Luckily it hadn't gone through to the sheets or mattress and I have have a spare duvet for DD to use, it's only a single one but will do for a couple of nights. I chanced washing the duvet in my machine which was risky because it only just fits in there.Last time I tried it with a cheaper one it ripped it to shreds, this time I put it in in the duvet cover and it came out lovely and clean, it's currently hanging over the stairs with the dehumidifier on laundry setting to get it dry again 🙄

Ive also got to take the cat to the vet at 3pm to get them to look at his injured paw. I can't remember if I posted but we discovered one of his claws had grown over and had gone into his pad on his toe . I try to cut his claws quite regularly but must have missed one 😢any way I managed to cut it and pull it out but I need them to check it's not infected, it looked ok when I pulled it out but has now scabbed over so I can't tell. He is awful for having his claws done and will scratch and bite so now this has happened he won't let me near it. I normally wear a coat with thick sleeves and two pairs of gardening gloves to do his claws 🙀
    House Fund = £700
    5.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    All good news at the vets,his foot is healing as it should so no need to worry and they didn't charge me either 🎉🎉all their computers were down so they couldn't access anything ,she said she didn't know how much it should cost so wouldn't bother charging me 😀

I've had a busy and productive day today. The floors have been hoovered and washed,I've polished the living room and cleaned out the 🐓🐓and I've done three loads of washing, Im now waiting for my programme to start ( Hollington Drive ) 

Tomorrow I'm working a 9-5 then off again on Friday. I will be going into town on Friday for food shopping as I am running low on lunch things 
    House Fund = £700
  • CherryfudgeCherryfudge Forumite
    5.7K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    What a productive day, and what a nice vet!
    Fashion on the Ration challenge: 39.5 coupons c/f from 2020 + 66 coupons this year. 43 remaining as of 22nd December.
    Toiletries used up 15/176.
  • milannmilann Forumite
    7.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lovely vet 👍 I remember clipping our dogs claws but never remember doing our cat. I can imagine you in a coat and gloves trying to do the deed.
    You managed a lot yesterday 👍 hopefully today will go quickly and you can enjoy your day tomorrow.
    5.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes she was 😊
    House Fund = £700